[3.8] LiftingNerdBro's Tri/Quad Frostbolt Totems Hierophant - Strong League Starter!

"
yissus wrote:
Have some questions for the endgame purpose. Hierophant is really garbage for this build?. The less damage per totem makes it unplayable?. For what I read Inquisitor its a better choice.
The more totems = less damage and its impractical to get all the totems out and doing damage efficiently.
In Hierophant Instead of doing 200% damage with 2 totems, you do 160% with 2, 210% with 3, and 240% with 4.
So you do less damage than you would until you actually get 3 totems up, and then you're only barely better, and once all four are up you do a meager 20% more dps than you would with just 2 totem non-Hierophant.

you have 7% less damage per totem, so with 4 totems you have a total of 400% * 0.72% = 288%. When clearing it doesn't matter. You can compensate the lack of damage with spamming totems more often. For single target you deal more damage anyways. hierophant has nice power and endurance charge generation and the weapon and amulet give you nice penetration. I don't know the benefits of inquisitor but for pure mapping purposes Hierophant is amazing.
"
FROZENbender wrote:
"
qubade wrote:
Correct me if I am wrong but you seem not to get secondary bonus from Frozen Trail jewels (40% increased projectile speed) due to missing 40 int in radius requirement?
I counted and you have 30 int in upper and 20 int in lower socket radius. Am I missing something?

regards and thank You for nice guide!

they don't need to be allocated, just available

awesome :] thank You!
Just started this build on my channel and have been enjoying it so far with just 1 totem and spark. I can't wait to get 3 totems and go full totem mode and see what this beast can do!
"
Mr_Tact wrote:
"
ZenJelly wrote:
I'm loving this build, the only change I made was to add a curse on hit setup with Arcane Surge/Ball Lightning/Projectile Weakness. When I get a 5 i'll add Increased duration. I've just never been a fan of self casting curses. I can't level Arcane Surge as fast but when I get another link and my gems a bit higher it should work out about even.

Your inspect isn't open, so... I guess you are not taking Ancestral Bond? Otherwise you couldn't use Ball Lightning... Right? Or am I missing something?

I absolutely do take Ancestral Bond. Since the gem is curse on hit not curse on damage, anytime any skill linked to the Curse on Hit gem "hits" it applies the curse. I get absolutely zero damage out of ball lightning, not that I'd want it anyway, however it's got a great area and a large number of hits per ball as it passes through enemies. It applies my curse to an entire pack, activates my arcane surge but does no damage. I hope this helps!

Edit: I updated my settings now so I hope you can see my tree. Don't judge my gear too hard yet lol, I'm still working on this guy.
Last edited by ZenJelly on Aug 10, 2017, 4:44:15 PM
Is there not a better high level blue support gem than a low level green gem? Cold pen and hypo is taking too much dex. I'm sure there's a higher blue support gem that's better than a low-mid level cold pen right?

I'm actually thinking of taking of taking elemental focus, since I don't have the amulet to make use of the chill/freeze. Or I mean even one of the blue "added damage" gems would be better. What you guys think? A level 20 added lightning gem vs a level 9 cold pen?

The added lightning will help shock the boss giving us even more bonus damage.

Also, want to add that I EASILY solo'D merc lab at level 71. Could've done lower I'm sure. I'm also
Last edited by BiggestNoobEver on Aug 10, 2017, 7:17:27 PM
I dont get how those frozen trail jewels hit the 40 int.

I have to spec into 3 unwanted int nodes just to hit 40 on each of them based off of your tree
You don't have to spec into the int, it just has to be near the jewel on the tree in the radius.
"
Is there not a better high level blue support gem than a low level green gem? Cold pen and hypo is taking too much dex. I'm sure there's a higher blue support gem that's better than a low-mid level cold pen right?

I'm actually thinking of taking of taking elemental focus, since I don't have the amulet to make use of the chill/freeze. Or I mean even one of the blue "added damage" gems would be better. What you guys think? A level 20 added lightning gem vs a level 9 cold pen?

Totally agreed with you.
Don't know what to use, instead of cold pen. Can't even reach 14 lvl, coz need a lot of dex.
Want some advice about some blue support gem.
«Мнения как яйца — сколько не имей, а получать по ним больно». © Варрик
"

Totally agreed with you.
Don't know what to use, instead of cold pen. Can't even reach 14 lvl, coz need a lot of dex.

need to acquire items with dex on it to support green gems.
"How come only evil forces were released?" - "Because there are no good forces."
"So, then. You don't believe that there is a God." - "There was a god."
"Well, then. Where is he now?" - "I killed him," said Kane.
Last edited by k4n3 on Aug 11, 2017, 3:13:59 AM
"
Alexbars4 wrote:
"

Totally agreed with you.
In terms of DPS using either Increased Critical Damage or Elemental Focus is fine. Increased Critical Damage is slightly less dps than Cold Penetration / Hypothermia and Elemental Focus actually beats said gems by a larger margin. Keep in mind that you won't be freezing with Elemental Focus though, which in my opinion shouldn't matter.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info