[3.8] LiftingNerdBro's Tri/Quad Frostbolt Totems Hierophant - Strong League Starter!

Would a snakepit or tasalios sign be good for this build? If so which is better?
I am not sure of this would work or not, but an idea to help eek out just a tad more damage on bosses and make it overall easier.

5/6 Link Chest

Ball Lightning
Power Charge on Crit
Increase Crit Strikes
Curse on Hit
Frostbite/Projectile Weakness
Increased Duration/GMP/ Arcane Surge

My though is that you keep your totems up around the boss areas, spam this to keep up your Power charges and keep curse up in one button press, then focus on positioning and staying alive in between.

If just seems that if we are using a 5/6L staff to power our Totems it is a waste not to have another effective 5/6L in our chest.

Thoughts?

Also, I am using the ZiggyD version of the tree that goes into Shadow versus Marauder for more damage and less Life. This is a great SC version that I have seem some people ask for. It also forgoes the Staff nodes for those that want to go 1Her. Ignore the gear as this is an export of his character from like day 2.

https://pastebin.com/av5bJ465

"
"
Alexbars4 wrote:
"
Is there not a better high level blue support gem than a low level green gem? Cold pen and hypo is taking too much dex. I'm sure there's a higher blue support gem that's better than a low-mid level cold pen right?

I'm actually thinking of taking of taking elemental focus, since I don't have the amulet to make use of the chill/freeze. Or I mean even one of the blue "added damage" gems would be better. What you guys think? A level 20 added lightning gem vs a level 9 cold pen?

The added lightning will help shock the boss giving us even more bonus damage.

Totally agreed with you.
Don't know what to use, instead of cold pen. Can't even reach 14 lvl, coz need a lot of dex.
Want some advice about some blue support gem.
In terms of DPS using either Increased Critical Damage or Elemental Focus is fine. Increased Critical Damage is slightly less dps than Cold Penetration / Hypothermia and Elemental Focus actually beats said gems by a larger margin. Keep in mind that you won't be freezing with Elemental Focus though, which in my opinion shouldn't matter.

Thanks for answer, appreciate it!
Also, what about helmet? Which one we need 2 use? Just rare one with good resistance? Or any unique viable for this build?
«Мнения как яйца — сколько не имей, а получать по ним больно». © Варрик
"
FROZENbender wrote:
"
Senatar wrote:
Would running a 4L Taryns be better then a 5L chest until u can get it 5Linked?

i found a 6-link staff while levelling, but still a 4-link Taryn's gave me more dps. it seems that getting the staff should be your top priority as the damage you gain is just insane and it is affordable compared to the amulet right now.

Roll + 2 to cold gems on the staff or use Shrieking Essence of Sorrow.

i use this Staff:
https://www.twitch.tv/der_rasierer
Been thinking of what to use - got around 60c spared (found a ex).

Been scanning market, thinking and still use mostly self found.

Except that i got this for 1 chaos:

Ran out of fusings so didn't get it to 5l.
But daaamn those stats for 1c was a goldmine. Almost better than half the 15c+ Taryn's.

Also picked up a

15% cast speed and around 15% spell block + more mana, not bad. For 1 alch.

Currently for defense. Rest is random, mostly for + resists.

Not sure what to get for the 60c tho.
Pandemonium is 300c - unreachable.

I don't understand where you put frozen trail, i neither of the two socket gems slots that you have on the leveling tree do you hit 40 int.
"
Drackenith wrote:
I don't understand where you put frozen trail, i neither of the two socket gems slots that you have on the leveling tree do you hit 40 int.

I was about to ask the same thing. On both the sockets radius only 20 int.
How do you have frozen trail working?
It's always the same question, why you both don't read the answers of others first? Again, you don't need skillpoint at the int itself. The socket works if there are enough int located in the radius of the gem, no matter if you use skillpoints for those allocated int or not.

There only has to be nodes totaling 40 int in range. They don't have to be in use.
Last edited by Mr_Tact on Aug 11, 2017, 9:01:39 PM
One question nobody has asked yet, that I was wondering is..........
How is this for Labs? Obviously lifting made it through them in order to get all of the points....But for those who've done them......Were they super painful to do?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info