[3.8] LiftingNerdBro's Tri/Quad Frostbolt Totems Hierophant - Strong League Starter!

Can someone explain orb of storms if we don't use lightning damage?
"
JuvenileMango wrote:
Can someone explain orb of storms if we don't use lightning damage?

We don't do any damage anyway beside our totems. Orb of storms linked with power charge on crit is just to give us power charges during boss fights.
Any way to increase totem survivability? They die just to fast on higher lvl maps where im forced to put them on pack of monsters (like vault map)
Last edited by Str0ng on Aug 10, 2017, 10:47:26 AM
I'm loving this build, the only change I made was to add a curse on hit setup with Arcane Surge/Ball Lightning/Projectile Weakness. When I get a 5 i'll add Increased duration. I've just never been a fan of self casting curses. I can't level Arcane Surge as fast but when I get another link and my gems a bit higher it should work out about even.
I suspect that at the end end game that a +3 staff would be superior to a Taryn's. In that case, do you go with a crit staff (the maraketh ones) or a block staff as your crafting base. 80-100% global crit is strong, but 20% is a lot of block to lose.
"
ZenJelly wrote:
I'm loving this build, the only change I made was to add a curse on hit setup with Arcane Surge/Ball Lightning/Projectile Weakness. When I get a 5 i'll add Increased duration. I've just never been a fan of self casting curses. I can't level Arcane Surge as fast but when I get another link and my gems a bit higher it should work out about even.

Your inspect isn't open, so... I guess you are not taking Ancestral Bond? Otherwise you couldn't use Ball Lightning... Right? Or am I missing something?
Have some questions for the endgame purpose. Hierophant is really garbage for this build?. The less damage per totem makes it unplayable?. For what I read Inquisitor its a better choice.
The more totems = less damage and its impractical to get all the totems out and doing damage efficiently.
In Hierophant Instead of doing 200% damage with 2 totems, you do 160% with 2, 210% with 3, and 240% with 4.
So you do less damage than you would until you actually get 3 totems up, and then you're only barely better, and once all four are up you do a meager 20% more dps than you would with just 2 totem non-Hierophant.
Correct me if I am wrong but you seem not to get secondary bonus from Frozen Trail jewels (40% increased projectile speed) due to missing 40 int in radius requirement?
I counted and you have 30 int in upper and 20 int in lower socket radius. Am I missing something?

regards and thank You for nice guide!
playing this build in harbinger right now and I'm having a blast. Maybe you could add that Karui Ward is a great budget item until you can afford the Pandemonius or the halcyon. Fun fact: winds of change are 12c right now, Karui Ward is 1 alch and gives almost the same buffs.

What helmet are you using?
"
qubade wrote:
Correct me if I am wrong but you seem not to get secondary bonus from Frozen Trail jewels (40% increased projectile speed) due to missing 40 int in radius requirement?
I counted and you have 30 int in upper and 20 int in lower socket radius. Am I missing something?

regards and thank You for nice guide!

they don't need to be allocated, just available

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info