A new Keystone Passive in 3.0.0: Crimson Dance!

As a long time player of various gladiator builds.
I approve this addition.

From the top of my head I don't think you still can make "bleed-only" killing machine, but I'm certain investing couple points into bleed will make single target damage to be on-par with the recent boss hp boost.
I am not so sure i am feeling this.

First what is the logic behind the 50% damage reduction when bleeding? seems just randomly thrown in and when it applies its way too much?

Second, it doesn't reward bleed builds really as a focus - since now i will just use it on any damn sword/disfavour/other-bleed-chance physical build for additional damage added.

The keystone seems to lack a focus. Where is the drawback in reducing direct damage dealt but increasing bleed damage done - thereby making a real proper focused bleed build?
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Jul 25, 2017, 4:53:07 AM
"
Crackmonster wrote:
I am not so sure i am feeling this.

First what is the logic behind the 50% damage reduction when bleeding? seems just randomly thrown in and when it applies its way too much?

Second, it doesn't reward bleed builds really as a focus - since now i will just use it on any damn sword/disfavour/other-bleed-chance physical build for additional damage added.

The keystone seems to lack a focus.

They think it will make bleed OP when it already hits like a wet noodle hahahahah
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
- Bleed now stacks up to 20 times
- 40% less physical attack damage dealt
- Bleed now only deals 60% more damage while target is moving

Tadaa, there you go - took 1 minute.

Alternatively - if we didn't want to take 20 hits to max out the bleed we could go another route. After all - isn't the point of the bleed build not to stand still and apply many stacks like any other random attack build? Also isn't that just automatically going to make it nonviable since builds are done killing before that? Bleed is turning into a generic dot and thereby losing its identify with proposed keystone..

- Bleed now stacks up to 4 times
- 400-500% more bleed damage
- 40-50% less physical attack damage dealt
- Bleed now only deals 60% more damage while target is moving
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Jul 25, 2017, 5:05:52 AM
- We heard you loved Poison and Voidheart so we are now giving you the same feeling on a single Keystone.

Bah, GGG, stop destroying the identity of your skills.
"Wealth in a game is measured by the amount of fun, joy and entertainment you can get out of it".
-Mythabril
"
Nephalim wrote:
People build around bleed?
Woman do.
Bleed needed a buff to even be noticeable. Even after fully investing in Bleed, the damage was weak. Now it might be mediocre. So I really welcome this Keystone, especially because I plan to play a bleed build in 3.0. With my build I would be able to have the 8 stacks in <3 seconds, then adding about 40 to 50k bleed DPS to my setup. Considering that this will mean I do 50% of my damage with bleeds, this aint so bad. But I agree, that the mechanics aren´t that creative.

By the way anyone else recognized that they are obviously changing the tree down there?
So you just turned bleed into an uninspired and inferior version of poison? And I suppose you're proud of yourselves?
A glance at stationary bosses in 3.0

Last edited by seanxjohnson on Jul 25, 2017, 7:16:35 AM
I'm speechless. It is so terrible. :/

It quite literally guts everything unique about bleed and makes it a generic, weaker poison.
That and its impact isn't even that big. If you count in all the multipliers you end up with double the damage (so no 700% more damage, but 100% more) for the cost of having to stack bleed 8 fucking times.

Terrible, terrible crap. I expected better.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on Jul 25, 2017, 8:09:45 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info