A new Keystone Passive in 3.0.0: Crimson Dance!

"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
Ashriel wrote:

Iron Reflexes would be good if Armor were good.

No, it really wouldn't. It is lazy design. Always has been. And the name is stupid.

If armor were good, you would make an evasion character to convert your "reflexes" into "iron" (you know, stuff you make armor out of). The name is fine, unlike Crimson Dance. Actually, I like the name Crimson Dance but it doesn't do anything like you'd think it might. Also, armor being good would require it actually mitigating large amounts of not just physical damage, but all damage. So yes, it could be good, it just isn't.
(2-3-2019) Buff underused skills (3.23?!)+ selfcast, stop nerfing defense, build in threshold jewels (3.23?!), implement D3-style looting, add death log + MTX preview, actually rework flasks, stop balancing around the .01%, unnerf Harvest, ADD NEW WAYS TO LEVEL, finally implement Loot 2.0
Maybe I am naive but can someone explain this? I thought the point of bleeding was to get monsters/bosses to move so they take more damage. Nothing stays still anyway unless it is stunned or frozen.

Or am I thinking about this all wrong and bleed is becoming more like poison?
Still failing to solve "The Riddle of Melee" 4.0 HYPE!!!
SILLY BITCH...THE EAGLES ARE COMING!!!
THE EAGLES!!! (bleeds out from a wound to the gut)
the eagles...are...coming...(coughs)...the eagles...
So... basically, taking this keystone will completely destroy bleed's identity and turn it into a finite version of poison.

Golly, sure sounds well thought-out.

How about a keystone that actually lets bleed (and poison) be relevant to physical hit-based builds (like your manifesto claimed you wanted them to be), instead of making it completely and utterly useless to try to use bleed/poison to augment physical hit dps?
Last edited by Shppy on Jul 25, 2017, 3:22:02 AM
Let's try this: Make bleed a playstyle which favors low-crit melee swords.

Bloodletting: your bleed does no damage, but now bleed can stack up to x times. A critical strike releases all stacks on the target, dealing (bleed dmg) * stacks to the (x) (It's exponential, so you only want to crit once in a while ).

This is gonna be an ideal playstyle for low-crit sword melee, since sword has low base crit yet it offers accuracy and it has reliable weapon damage. Unlike RT, Your average hit may miss, and since you are not using foil or dagger, you don't always crit, but now your non-crit does better damage than a dagger, and when you crit, you can deal a huge burst of damage as well.
Last edited by chaosology on Jul 25, 2017, 12:09:10 AM
Hard to get excited about this. The news the last few days has hit like a wet noodle, just like bleed and poison in 3.0. Can't wait for Qarl to tell us his super strong bleed build with millions of damage without sacrificing survivability!

Rip Bleed, alive for 1 patch in puncture traps...
Uh, hey, 'muh bleed identity' geniuses: you don't have to take the keystone.

We're getting new support gems that will let you play bleed the traditional way, but with more power and flexibility come 3.0. Bleeding also isn't mutually exclusive with poison - so the result is that you can play with bleed in a different, counter-intuitive way compared with pre 3.0 bleed, combine it with poison, or ignore it. Pretty much on par with every other keystone. Focus it, combine it with another thing, or ignore it.

For criticisms more focused on how GGG missed an opportunity to do something more novel, that's fair.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1911278
Last edited by innervation on Jul 25, 2017, 12:45:52 AM
"
Bex_GGG wrote:

I feel it is a bit underwhelming seeing that there are two major drawbacks just to stack 8 times. Either up the stack to 10 times (from 8) or make the damage penalty be 35% or 40% less damage with bleeding. Might be a bit much, but bleed has been very underwhelming for years and seeing this as an inferior poison 2.0 makes me feel meh. I know you guys at GGG do not want bleed to repeat the same fiasco with poison in the past, but I feel this keystone is still missing something that would make it interesting and unique to bleed based build.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Jul 25, 2017, 12:54:17 AM
"
innervation wrote:
Uh, hey, 'muh bleed identity' geniuses: you don't have to take the keystone.

We're getting new support gems that will let you play bleed the traditional way, but with more power and flexibility come 3.0. Bleeding also isn't mutually exclusive with poison - so the result is that you can play with bleed in a different, counter-intuitive way compared with pre 3.0 bleed, combine it with poison, or ignore it. Pretty much on par with every other keystone. Focus it, combine it with another thing, or ignore it.

For criticisms more focused on how GGG missed an opportunity to do something more novel, that's fair.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1911278
I'm pretty sure most, if not all, criticisms about bleed's viability already take account those support gems because they're already usable in the current beta and, as far as I know, Bleed is not in a good place even with the support gems.

Ailments also shouldn't have to be combined with other ailments just to still be worse than other builds, they need to at least be usable on their own with stacking ailments a form of optimizing further.
Damn that sounds - pointless.

Personally I would have given poison and bleed a unique flavor ( based on how they work in reality ).

Poison : Reapplying refreshes duration and increases intensity ( when you ate something toxic and keep eating it the intoxication becomes stronger but doesn't apply diffferent stacks )

Bleed : Unlike poison which should have an intensity if someone bleeds and takes another stab he bleeds from two wounds - so it is actually bleeding that should stack ( without a keystone - its the nature of bleeding from several wounds )

Well now we have two "ailments" that are unlogical and damage wise irrelevant.

I don't mind - we got a lot of other things that are fun and strong.
When Chuck Norris plays PoE masters do his missions
Last edited by AdFinitum on Jul 25, 2017, 1:32:22 AM
"
Ashriel wrote:
This is one of the most terrible and uninspired things I've ever seen added to the game. You guys are better than this.

You seriously have been hyping the new bleed keystone for weeks and reveal THIS? Everything from the name to the mechanics is off. More like Crimson Stand. "Less" damage is a huge turnoff, and you can't just provide two abysmal downsides for 8x bleed (which instantly becomes 4x bleed because of the wording, so why bother).

We get it. You guys hate damage over time. There's no need to rub it in.

Well put. You guys are far more creative than this. Considering how hyped this keystone has been, this is a real letdown. I wouldn't even add this to the game in its current state; hold off until you can come up with something more compelling.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info