Post your reason why you hate doing labs.

"
YoursTruly86 wrote:
"
Mikrotherion wrote:
YoursTruly, I'll try and make it clear to you since obviously you're in some sort of emotional upheaval that doesn't allow you to see clearly.

Sorry, you are the one who is unable to see clearly and is constantly dodging the questions that I have asked. Worse, you only made selective replies to my questions/arguments..

Naturally, I don't see that I don't see clearly here. However, you're the one taking offense at something that wasn't directed at you and still don't seem to get it.
If I'm constantly dodging questions, I'm not aware of it. You're writing a lot - maybe I missed something. Please, feel free to ask these questions again, just make a list or something.

"
YoursTruly86 wrote:

"
Mikrotherion wrote:

This time it's you having trouble understanding. It's not the first time, either.

And the reason why you bother to finally explain why " I have trouble understanding" was because i wrote this sentence,

"Some people provides explanation to support his claims whereas some people likes to make empty claims without any real explanation just LOL-ed at you."

Thus, you felt the need or pressure to provide some explanation to support your empty claims ( a claim which you always made most of the time).

That was really not the reason, but whatever. The reason was that even though I asked you to re-read page 4 (which turned out to be page 3 after all, shame on me), you failed to see that I was not attacking you. So I tried to spell it out for you, if not letter by letter then in really manageable chunks.

"
YoursTruly86 wrote:

The sentences which i underlined above from your starting sentences are pathetic excuses you gave in an attempt to put you in a better light as well as to discredit what I have said. Fact is, you make lots of empty claims with little explanation or totally no explanation just like in this case, you quote my messages then went on accusing me that "This time it's you having trouble understanding." but without giving any explanation. Just LOL-ed at you.

Why would I need to explain it if it is there (at the time of writing this on page 3) plainly visible. If anyone cared to go back and look it up. Do you really think anyone is reading our drivel? People who come to this your thread you're so willingly derailing will just skip anything that was posted by you or me (after this debate started), probably even most of the more on-topic replies, since this thread simply asks for "Your Reasons why you hate the lab." - so it's actually enough to pop in, write down the list of stuff you hate, and leave.
Since you did not get that my quoting of adghar was not an attack on you, I felt the need to explain it. Something I didn't deem necessary before, just because it needs a special mindset to read an attack into this and I would have thought reading it again might suffice.

"
YoursTruly86 wrote:

Fact is, you made arguments/comments based on a topic/word/phrase which you knew nothing about and make a laughing stock out of yourself when your comments/arguments is challenged and subsequently exposed. Then you tried to sugar-coat your it by saying that you tried to make a joke or tell a joke or whatsoever by using one of my quotes and failed. How laughable is that lol? You totally changed the entire meaning of my words to your advantage and concealing the matter too.

That's not a fact. I did not know nothing about logical fallacies. I was wrong in one point, I conceded that I was wrong there and that my tongue-in-cheek remark (whether something was a logical fallacy if the conclusion was correct but the no evidence as to its correctness was provided) wasn't funny, after all. So be it. It is not relevant here at all.

"
YoursTruly86 wrote:

Not just about the correct usage of that phrase/topic/word, there's simply too many mistakes that you made such as your inability to name the right page number (it was page 3 instead of page 4). It may seemed trivial but think again... Why did you made such a mistake that could be so easily avoided? Was it because you are too quick to jump into conclusion because hate gets the better out of your judgement that you forgot how to think properly or was it because You were so eager to argue with me that you could make such a small mistake. Well it no big deal as it just a wrong page number but think again... Every small mistakes adds up to a BIG mistake.

I hear you. :P

"
YoursTruly86 wrote:

Just LOL-ed at you again. You came to all the threads that I have made (especially the new ones) and make arguments every single time as well as carried attacks on my argument.

Please provide evidence that I've come to ALL the threads that you made. But I admit that I like coming to your threads. However, I do not always attack (which is a bit of a strong word, since arguing something you said hardly an attack) you or your threads. "Making arguments" - now, there's a surprise, discussion in a forum called general discussion... o tempora, o mores!

"
YoursTruly86 wrote:

This time round, you came to a thread which i made specially created for lab haters to post their hate for a good cause, which is, to list out the flaws of the lab gaming experience. I considered Adhgar's post irrelevant to the topic because he says he likes lab in a topic which is specifically labelled to post hate about labs...

1. We're only talking about what I said to adghar so far. I would like to point out that I even contributed to the thread pointing out why I used to hate the lab.
2. I agreed with you that adghar's post was irrelevant and that after posting such an irrelevant post he should not be surprised at your sarcastic remark.

"
YoursTruly86 wrote:

And you made a post saying that it is "ok" to post that you like the labs which totally implies that I am wrong and I saw it as a direct attack on my arguments.

I get that now. My advice is to get a thicker skin. In fact, what I did say was that it is ok ("fine" is what I really said) to like the lab, and that I can't forbid people to come to this thread and post it here (since I am no moderator nor owner of these forums) - but that he should not be surprised at the consequences, i.e. being told off for posting irrelevant stuff. That is me agreeing with you.

"
YoursTruly86 wrote:

I have already explained why I consider your message as an attack many times even before i made this reply and before you made this reply (refer to page 7) but things just don't get into your head. What matters is not how you justify that you "did not attacked" me , rather, what matters is how the other person felt after seeing the posts that you have made so just shut it.

Please, never consider becoming head of whatever country you live in. War might be inevitable. If you take offense so easily and then refuse to accept that you actually haven't been attacked, there's not much that can be done, really.

"
YoursTruly86 wrote:

Just LOL-ed at your rubbish again. Just answer me 1 simple question. WHO ARE YOU TO SAY THAT " I WAS NOT ATTACKED"? Is your opinion important or is it the opinion of the other person who received the message more important? You can read my mind?

Perhaps you should lol less and think more. You're asking who I am to say that you were not attacked... well, gee, I am the alleged attacker. I am not aware of an attack - and yes, this my opinion is very important, since I should know my intentions best. I also went to the trouble of a lengthy explanation why it was not an attack, since I cannot, as you stated, read your mind. Thus it didn't even cross my mind that what I wrote could be taken as an offense.

"
YoursTruly86 wrote:

"
Mikrotherion wrote:

"
Mikrotherion wrote:

If you don't hate doing the lab (which is absolutely fine, I don't hate the lab most of the time, either)...

I am, again, directly addressing adghar. Telling him that it is fine not to hate the Labyrinth. After all we're all entitled to our own opinions.

Yes I agree that everyone is entitled to their own opinions and are entitled to voice out but think again... This thread is specifically created and labelled HATE for labs not LIKES for labs. You are voicing out your opinion that is irrelevant to the topic of discussion. Voicing out irrelevant stuff only gives the other people the impression that you do not understand what the topic is about or you lack the intelligence to make relevant and/or intelligent comments.

Fair enough. Which is why I told adghar off for posting "N/A. I like the lab". So as not to just barge in and contribute nothing I stated my reasons why I used to hate the lab, which is more or less what many others said, that you could lose all progress due to things not really under your control, such as, in my case mostly, framedrops to 0.

"
YoursTruly86 wrote:

"
Mikrotherion wrote:

"
Mikrotherion wrote:

... you can of course come here and state that you have no reasons (as you did)

Again talking to adghar. I cannot forbid him to come here and post irrelevant stuff, as you would know, of course, since these are not my forums and I am not a moderator.

This is a common knowledge, so keep those useless comments to yourself ty.

I would think it is, yet you took offense at me not forbidding adghar to come here and post irrelevant stuff. (See above)

"
YoursTruly86 wrote:

"
Mikrotherion wrote:

"
Mikrotherion wrote:

but you should not be surprised that people might find that irrelevant.

I'm still talking to adghar here, telling him, although possibly a bit more politely than you would have done, that he (that is not you, YoursTruly) was indeed out of line.

Nowhere did I talk to you or even imply that what you said was wrong... quite the opposite. Yet you failed to understand this and construed it as an attack against you.
I could of course have said "YoursTruly86 is right". But as you will probably know, that would have been logically fallacious; it would either be a Just Because Fallacy (YoursTruly86 is right, because I said so) or Appeal to Authority (YoursTruly86 said it is so, so it must be so). And we surely don't want any more of those fallacies, now, do we?

Sorry, you are the one who failed to understand it. Please see above why I saw your message as an attack and stop "sugar-coating" your real intentions with lies and/or excuses. Anyone can see that through "past forum post history" replies exchanges between you and I.

And we're back to square 1. :D
You can't know my real intentions. You complained that I did not explain my claims, yet whenever I do explain, you call it lies, excuses or sugar-coating.

"
YoursTruly86 wrote:

"
Mikrotherion wrote:

"
YoursTruly86 wrote:

Next I want to point out is that it is not me who have trouble understanding it, rather it is YOU have the trouble understanding it as proven and as seen in this thread below as well as in this thread.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1911005/page/6>>>> page 6 onward..just an example

This is another logical fallacy, called Whataboutism and is closely related to the Tu Quoque Fallacy. The fact that I made a mistake in an entirely different conversation does not mean that you (=YoursTruly86) cannot make a mistake as well, in this case completely misunderstanding what I said.

LOL. Somebody is trying to educate me on a topic that he himself is not even sure of as seen in
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1911005/page/6 >>>>> "logical fallacy"

And you think it is completely impossible that I have learned from my mistake? I can tell you I hate making mistakes and when I do make one, I try to make sure I won't do it again.
And again, the fact that I made a mistake is no basis for arguing that I am wrong here. This is a logical fallacy called Whataboutism. And it is even less a carte blanche for you, meaning that because in a different discussion I made a mistake, you cannot possibly be wrong in any discussions following that one.

"
YoursTruly86 wrote:

Well the "mistake" that you accused that I have made was a "mistake" of misunderstanding someone's message. Whether if it is a mistake or not ultimately, is a matter of opinion between the person who says it (you in this case) and the person who receives it (me in this case as well as the audiences).

It would be nice to have some people read the post in question and judge whether it was an attack.

"
YoursTruly86 wrote:

SO WHO ARE YOU TO SAY THAT I HAVE MADE A MISTAKE? JUST WHO ARE YOU?

Why, it's me, your friend Mikrotherion.

Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
Continued from above

"
Mikrotherion wrote:

YOU IMPLYING YOURSELF AS THE ULTIMATE AUTHORITY ON THIS MATTER WHEREBY EVERYTHING YOU SAID WAS RIGHT?

I was not implying. I was explicitly (that's the exact opposite) saying I was the ultimate authority on that matter (i.e. whether I was trying to make a joke); it was me who wrote it and I know my intention.

"
YoursTruly86 wrote:

"
Mikrotherion wrote:

In the light of which your saying
"
YoursTruly86 wrote:

But, you are too quick to jump into conclusion because hate gets the better out of your judgement that you forgot how to think properly.

is rather ironic. I dunno, though, whether "hate" is the correct word here. I for one don't hate you.

How ironic is that? At least I have explanations to back up what I have said, unlike some people who consistently make empty claims. LMAO you don't hate me but your actions say otherwise throughout the past historical post/replies exchanges that we made. Why do you have to consistently come to every single thread that I have newly created and come to start an argument with me? Leave me alone and nothing would have happened? Just too many hypocrites who lacks integrity to man up nowadays LOLOLOL.

The reason does not have to be hate. I really don't hate you. If we met on the street (knowing who we are), I wouldn't punch you, try to kill you or anything that could be associated with hate. I find our debates fascinating.

"
YoursTruly86 wrote:

"
Mikrotherion wrote:

"
YoursTruly86 wrote:

Please stop trying to rephrase the words to your advantage.There is a great difference between telling a joke/making a joke whatsoever and making a joke out of yourself due to ignorance.

You don't say!

What do you meant by saying "You don't say!" ? Are you implying that I cannot say something in the forums and i requires your permission if I wanted to write something down?

Just look up "You don't say!" in a phrase book. For your convenience: https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/you_don%27t_say
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
Last edited by Mikrotherion on Jun 18, 2017, 6:48:55 AM
Ok... Bickersons... take it to PMs.
You're both as bad as each other, continuously pissing into the wind.

Here's the bottom line, not everyone thinks the same, believes the same, feels the same or is the same. Additionally, not everyone fits into a boolean "you're either with us or you're against us" mind set, but instead people will fit along a Kinsey like scale with a mixture of likes and dislikes and each of these are valid and worthy of consideration.

Is the lab all bad? No. Is it all good? No. Are there good and bad elements? Yes.

What is quite obvious though after numerous threads on the same topic, populated by some of the same core but also quite a large number of other forum goers, is that the lab is one of the largest topics of divisiveness within the community. It is patently obvious that there is a lot about the lab that is majorly abrasive to much of the community and GGG should weigh these concerns carefully.

Personally, there are three aspects about the current (2.6, not Beta) iteration of PoE that turn me off Leagues and make me almost exclusively a Standard player:

1. Lab. A walk in the park for some builds, painful as hell for others.
2. Leveling masters yet again solo. So frickin tedious.
3. Act 4 / Malachai. An absolute shit arena fight to cap off a dreary art style that mistakes darkness for atmosphere.

Playing in Standard means I never have to experience these things ever again and that makes me inordinately happy.
As i always said

Remove ascendency points, enchantments and treasure chest

Would you still run lab?

ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
I wouldn't run Lab if there was no incentive to not doing them at all. The problem with lab is stability... if you get disconnected that is minutes lost and wasted. With Maps you at least have the assurance that you'll still have 5 more portals provided the instance didn't crash. With Labs it's just 1 long dredge through a Dungeon where once you're dead you start over from the beginning.
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.
Last edited by Atomic_Noodles on Jun 18, 2017, 9:04:36 AM
The lab is boring. Very boring.

I know "fun" is very subjective, and that a lot of people view "fun" as looking at numbers; numbers on the ladder, 40/40 besides their character and other e-penis things. It's only the destination for them, not the journey. 1200 Voll runs? No problem. 100 uber Izaro runs? No problem. They're just means to an end for some.

But some of us play to have fun. Fun gameplay. And when this huge part of the game is so damn anti fun, it becomes a problem. Why hold on to this toxic content, when SO many people find it so boring? Give me some numbers... Videos... INDICATIONS that the majority of people find the lab FUN, and runs it regularly - because of the gameplay.

The lab isn't hard. It's just plain out boring as hell.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Most ppl only like it cause of the rewards. Put traps and fucking pink doors on maps and lets see how many will find it "fun"

Lets do crematorium or malformation map they have a very GOOD layout. OH LOOK a pink door, where is the dildo? This is so fun!
becuz if you've died you can't start at you're dead ,must be rerun at first so wasting time
"
IHellBoundI wrote:
Most ppl only like it cause of the rewards. Put traps and fucking pink doors on maps and lets see how many will find it "fun"

Lets do crematorium or malformation map they have a very GOOD layout. OH LOOK a pink door, where is the dildo? This is so fun!

Will we then need to search for the pink key?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info