Regarding the Twitch Prime Promotion

Thanks GGG for taking steps to fix this, although you aren't to blame where the other countries offer their support it's shitty if it splits the community!

Bex,

Please don't apologize more on this issue. It's obvious from the outrageous amount of backlash that a significant vocal part of the player base is already hopelessly spoiled to the point that they forget that GGG is an actual company that runs a business. Please do not fuel their ignorance by continuing to hold yourselves to some ridiculous ethical standard of only holding promotions that everyone can participate in.

You have a global customer base, which is more than can be said about many of your potential business partners. If a partnership will benefit GGG at minimal negative impact to the player's experience of the game, please by all means embrace that partnership.

The decision to have the MTXs be purchasable in the future was a solid and logical decision. Please remember to make it reasonably affordable.

I am still thoroughly shocked by how many people don't understand that the MTXs are incentives offered as part of a promotion. But just in case (if by any chance) you were actually taking all of these negative comments to heart, no this partnership is not "shady", no the promotion is not a "bad PR move". It is a perfectly reasonably executed promotion to a player base that apparently does not understand how promotions work.

It is best not to force any third-party products on your players however, so if you were planning on integrating with Twitch, please reconsider. That is a level of partnership that would reasonably garner backlash as many of us have a less favorable opinion of Twitch/Amazon as compared to GGG. However, if there are things that can benefit the both you without impacting the game itself I wholeheartedly support them and I urge any remaining reasonable members of the POE player base to do the same.

I look forward to hearing more details about this new partnership and best of luck in all things game, business, and community related. You have it tough and you have my sympathy, Bex.

Regards,

POE player
"
Avereth12 wrote:
I'm glad I can at least get the MTX from this by making the 30 day trial, but I really hope this sort of paid marketing doesn't become too common. I don't need twitch, I don't watch streams; I play the game myself. And I most certainly don't need to spend 20$ a month to watch other people play games. :/

Anyone out of region should just look into how to set up a VPN to make yourself appear to be from one of the Twitch serviced countries if you don't want to wait and have to pay to get the MTX in the shop when they are made available later.
Yeah so your card should be US too if you doing it trough proxy. They've changed it, talked to amazon/twitch prime support. Now I can't get the prime trial even if I'll be in the US. Paid options only.
So, technically speaking, there are mtx worth of a minor supporter pack or a whole league and only users from rich countries can get it for free. Hmm, okay, I see no discrimination here.
"
tm10067 wrote:
So, technically speaking, there are mtx worth of a minor supporter pack or a whole league and only users from rich countries can get it for free. Hmm, okay, I see no discrimination here.

Again,ITS NOT FREE.Dammit,to become prime is not free.May I need to say it again?
Bye bye desync!
"
elwindakos wrote:
"
tm10067 wrote:

Again,ITS NOT FREE.Dammit,to become prime is not free.May I need to say it again?

"...but you can sign up for a free trial to receive them also."

Have I missed something? Some kind of twitch prime scam maybe?
Do you say a free trial where you pass them your credit card details is "free"?
Bye bye desync!
"
elwindakos wrote:

Its sounds like a serious accusation...
"
tm10067 wrote:
"
elwindakos wrote:

Its sounds like a serious accusation...

What accusation?Lol.Have you never done for example 30 day trials which they ask you for your credit card,so if the 30 days are over to continue charging you per month?Same deal here.Its " free" till its not
Bye bye desync!
"
tm10067 wrote:
"
elwindakos wrote:
"
tm10067 wrote:

"...but you can sign up for a free trial to receive them also."

Have I missed something? Some kind of twitch prime scam maybe?

prime is a subscription service that is paid for. You can only get it for free for 30 days if you are eligible for the trial.

I pay for Prime.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info