[3.1] SHAPER Kill __ 14675 HP___7000 HP regen_Tanky Righteous Fire 1 million+ DPS

Hey again Piftiuta, thank you for covering that.

I spent the last few hours on Path of Building because while this build is undoubtedly strong, I feel like it lacks in the clearspeed department so i tried to do a couple of tweaks as well as making the build more affordable/league start friendly and i have to say that i like what ive come up with. Curious to see what you think.

The initial observation is this:

.Build melts through regular map mods even in t16
.Build lacks movespeed and gap jump (leap, flame dash)
.Slow movement speed of cyclone based build but relies on cyclone for fortify and curse application
.Using shield charge instead of cyclone is not an option in this setup as it suffers from
accuracy and is very unreliable at applying curse on any big groups
.Neither build needs Immortal Call as it destroys our regen, making us prone to death via elemental damage/curses/shock
.Quite expensive core item in Kaom's >35% fire damage

Initial gem setup and skills
1L - R - Ring
4L - BBBB - Gloves - RF setup
4L - BBRG - Helmet - Cyclone - Fortify - Curse on Hit - Ele Weakness
4L - BBRG - Boots - CWDT1 - Blade Vortex7 - Orb of Storms - Increased Critical Strikes
(logic behind this is that blade vortex will sustain crit during clears then you can drop orb during boss fight and the high crit will help apply shock. Orb benefits from the high crit support but is hard cast due to outleveling CWDT)
3L - RBB - Doon - Spell Totem - Scorching Ray - Elemental Focus
3L - RRR - Shield - Golem - Enduring - Vitality

So what after some tweaking and no changing of existing socket colours, i managed to do the following:

.Replace Kaom's with Belly of the Beast with 4L+2L
4L RRRG - Shield Charge - Fortify - Leap Slam - Faster attacks
2L GG - Vaal Cyclone - Portal (icing on the cake)
New links look like this:
4L - BBRG - Helmet - CWDT1 - Blade Vortex7 - Curse on Hit (high) - Elemental Weakness/Enfeeble (high)
4L - BBRG - Boots - Orb of Storms - Increased Duration - Increased Critical Strikes - Culling Strike
-can put item rarity/quantity instead of duration if one wants to

What we end up with is this:

Negatives
- 1k less HP, 10% less overall regen
quite siginificant but not really too bad given the increase in clear speed and the already huge survivability we have
- 15% Loss in unbuffed dps

Positives
- Fast Shield charge giving us fortify + leap slam for obstacles = great mobility = significantly increased clear speed - even though our dps is a little lower than Kaom, its still high enough not to be noticable on trash monsters at all.
- Reliable curse with blade vortex set to low CWDT and even though BV is not supported by crit, still good buff uptime due to fast movement and shield charging into huge packs with BV
- 10 second Orb of Storms with 16% crit - this is the great part. It allows us to drop it once on map bosses, will proc a crit in about 2 seconds and maintaint it and the best part is... 10% culling.
- Vaal cyclone - Melts breaaches, just spam flasks and cyclone, it will be up by the time its finished
- Portal - QOL, you can put life on hit instead to link it to vaal cyclone
- Can use another ruby flask instead of quicksilver since mobility is not an issue at all
- No need to wait for cyclone channel to refresh Orb or totem
- Great repositioning/fleeing potential

Overall the second build, while inititally weaker on paper has a much faster clear rate, is cheaper, and can melt bosses quicker than the kaom's version due to culling.
- Great for maps
- Potentially Weaker for Atziri and Shaper due to lowered survivability but it does have culling so..

This is my gear, id love if you have any suggestions. I only started POE 4 weeks ago so its all i can afford at the moment. Mainly using this patch as a learning tool for POE to get ready for 3.0.

Thanks heaps and sorry for the huge post

Last edited by Armilliath on Jun 21, 2017, 9:42:42 AM
On the first page I have post the life differences between various armours. I had played all: Carcass Jack, Atzir's Splendour, Belly, normal Kaom, legacy Kaom. I have long pass the belly phase. This build is not for trash mobs. They just vanish away. I just run and pick drops. Cyclone, Shield Dash, what ever are for bosses.
Bosses are the only part that is somehow challenging. Some of them have the mechanics of 1 shot. More life = less likely to be 1 shoted. In the same time means more damage therefore the fight last less, so you got less chance to be killed. I still have to see a RF life belly build doing shaper. At this moment from the many life RF builds around only me and Coco have posted Shaper kill movies (my movie is with my first atempt). I think that will tell something about builds.
I know kaom can look expensive (2-3 exa), but when you aim to kill Shaper, you got already some cash, otherwise just sell the fragments (I don't think you want to gamble them to see you can't kill it). Otherwise, a casual player who cares not about money, kaom, shaper, end game things etc can do maps up to T 12, T14, what ever and stay there. For that almost any gear is ok, even tabula rasa.
here is my yellow build at lvl 85 (123k effective dps) with pastebin : https://pastebin.com/AWtV1tgY
so this look like a starting league build, of course the goal is to be like your build in final with unique, god rolls, etc etc
but what do you think to start with a RF marauder ?
Not sure how to use pastebin links but ofc you can start RF build as marauder.
LE
Ok I open it, is the three I posted. I am happy you find it useful and to come again to your question, marauder chieftain is a very good point to start this build.
Last edited by Piftiuta on Jun 21, 2017, 7:56:42 PM
what about Holy fire? thats 100% increased fire damage. it has to be worth it. theres also life near it...
ign: pikachu_i_choose_you
what is change orb of storm to shock?
im also looking for more dmg tell me when u think for 6l sr swap kaoms?
Ok, I am receiving lots of mesages in inbox, but I think is easier to discuss here, as it will help others too to understand small mistakes or different choices.
- spell damage does nothing for our RF build so we don't need it on jewels.
- we don't need physical damage on jewels.
- is not possible to have maximum life, maximum damage and maximum life regeneration in same time. For maximum life we can use double implicit talismans, but we will miss some regeneration. For maximum regeneration we can use kaom's way and +1 EC belt but we will have slightly less HP pool. For max damage we must give up to lazy play style and summon SR totem and hit with frenzy melee.
- I know you are looking on my character setup but I am quite freqently tring various things. While essence drain is fun and has some utillity, the best results are with Spell totem - SR - Ele focus atm. I explained why I don't have them yet on my character (lvl 21 gems are in legacy and I am waiting to end it).
- I use enfeeble curse because I forgot it there and gives max survability. Is a pain in the ass to die at high level and loose 10%. If you are level 80 go with flammability for increasing damage.
- I use a glove with 4B only because it cost me enough to get those colours and I don't want to change sockets atm. 3B+1R is better but you have to swap conc eff at bosses.

"
tri3d wrote:
im also looking for more dmg tell me when u think for 6l sr swap kaoms?

- If you don't have kaom/ don't like the lack of gems, feel free to use belly. You can put SR in a belly if you like so Sp-SR-EleFocus-BurningDamage-IronWill-Whatever. I personally don't feel like swaping back to belly and have less life just to give SR a 6L. I do advocate the using of SR totem mainly because will apply fire resist debuff on boss, not for it's intrisec damage, even if is not negligeable.

"
kudaranai wrote:
what about Holy fire? thats 100% increased fire damage. it has to be worth it. theres also life near it...

Holy fire is great, but like all good things comes with a price. Allocate passives to it. If you go for purity of flesh life, to get the Holy fire wheel you need 5 passives. We will have to see if it stays 100% after beta as in normal game is only 75%. So 5 passives is almost like taking out 2 jewels, so more than 75% damage and 14% life. Or renouncing at some 4% life nodes so in total 20% life. It is worth to have less life (and less damage on this side) to increase damage from Holy Wheel? I think survivability should come first.

"
tri3d wrote:
what is change orb of storm to shock?

Not sure I understand. Use the orb of storm to shock? Yes can be done. On trash. Bosses are harder to shock due to huge HP pool and OS will not do the job. The problem is that trash dies too quick any way. OS is good at bosses to get EO (for crit chance).

Last edited by Piftiuta on Jun 23, 2017, 1:14:24 AM
On jewels.
question "Should I take a jewel 7% life; 16% fire damage; 10% increased damage or should I take a jewel with 16% fire damage; 10% increased damage; 10% damage over time?"

Well, life on jewel beside increasing our life pool and survability in general, is also a damage mode. We do damage based on 50% of our life pool. Which is great. Therefore the 7% increased life should be the first mod we looking for. Is double useful for us. So the first jewel is better imo.
What do you think about new Mind over Matter? It's just next to Your tree, but we would need quite a lot more mana regen to sustain it
English is not my native. To grammar nazis, feel free to correct me, I appreciate any occasion for improvement

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info