[3.1] SHAPER Kill __ 14675 HP___7000 HP regen_Tanky Righteous Fire 1 million+ DPS

"
neltisen wrote:
What do you think about new Mind over Matter? It's just next to Your tree, but we would need quite a lot more mana regen to sustain it

Atm it is useless. Works with the hits only.
In 3.0. it works with all damage. So you can mitigate also 30% of RF damage. But...because is a but... at 10K life and 89% fire resist, you take 9.9% of your life so 990 HP damage /sec. That means 297 mana /sec will be depleted. I got 184 unreserved mana so under 1 sec is gone. The real utility is the fact that you add 30 mana regeneration/sec to your life regen. So that's all. I would not invest a single passive point further in the mana regeneration because I have to take it from life regeneration and does not provide same utility.

The second thing is that you are never mana full so you can use Divination Distillate and get full 5 seconds of +6 max resist. With a ruby flask you become fire immune.

LE
Btw after you press DD, your resist jumps to 95, so you only degenerate 4.5% of your HP. That will be 450 HP and with MoM 135 will go to mana. On maps with the enchance "2% life and mana regenerated when hit recently" I go up to 60 mana/sec. Can try rallying cry if you lke to spam it at each 10 seconds and can add also clarity if you got spare sokets. All this hassle to get something that looks like ~150 HP /sec.
Last edited by Piftiuta on Jun 24, 2017, 4:13:33 PM
I got questions about Anatomical knowledge.

Yes it can be used very well. But don't put it in any slot. The best slot for it is up from EE, under EO. You get 40 inteligence in radius so +13 life. Any other slot in this build will not give so much life.
can u see my char ?? called " Just Run "

I now i need to improve my gloves / helm with the enchants - essence modes, but i can't do it at moment, cause is too expensive !!

What more can i change ? i have only 809 str , i think thats too low ...

Thanks for help-me to improve my char ! :)
No paiva, your account is still private. Can't see your characters
Hello guys!
So I killed all guardians and failed my first shaper try. I guess this is not really a problem as this was my first attempt ever.
My question is : do you think I should try more, or sould I upgrade my dps? My main problem was the vortex created by ice balls, that filled up the room, and also Zana died 2 times.

I have 30% dot glove and I miss the helm enchant.
All my jewells are 7% life + 20%+ dmg (life + 3stats dps is still out of range for me)
I miss legacy kaom but this shouldn't be a problem.
My hp pool is around 11k5, I think I can't have way more hp without kaom.
My regen in hideout is around 1950 hp/sec.

Maybe just a good helm can be enough? (did the lab hundreds times for "nothing")

I guess you can see details in my profile if needeed.

Thanks again for this topic!

edit : I used around 10 reliquary keys, looking for the godlike chest, but it's another story. I can't stop myself doing this!
Last edited by Dezosseur on Jun 28, 2017, 3:03:13 PM
Hi Dezosseur. No, I can not see your character either.
Have you tried to use Spell Totem + Scorching Ray + Elemental Focus in Doon? Will give Shaper -24% fire resist.
Also you can fit a frenzy gem. Hit shaper from time to time with frenzy and you will have 12% more damage (3 frenzy charges and 4% MORE damage for each of them). Keep a look on EO processing. If it looks like you don't crit often enough then add an Increased Crit gem to frenzy or cyclone. EO is 40% more damage. As I don't see your character I hope you are processing EE corectly.
These are easy ways to increase big time your DPS.
Well, now you can check my profile =)

My problem with SR totem is I'm missing some intell in order to max gems. That's why I still use contagion/ed (wich are not maxed in my profile, lvl 20 gems are on my witch atm).
I think my EE proc works well as I don't have fire damage in my stuff (I just use flame dash sometimes, that can proc fire resist).
I have another amulet with more int/dex, and even more hp pool, but with it I miss some resistances. (I miss ONE dext with my resist amulet...what a shame lol)

-24% fire resist will aplly with a lower gem?

I have to give a try to frenzy, seems like free dps gain so at my stage of stuff that can be good.

Yes my crit chance is low...but I already use fortify + curse on hit + flammability,so I can't find room for a crit chance gem. I have to pay more attention for this.

edit : shield charge crit chance = 8.8% and 55% hit chance, but same problem here, I miss some dext to use cyclone at high level.

edit 2 : ok so -24% fire resist works at lower level. Nice.
Last edited by Dezosseur on Jun 28, 2017, 3:53:59 PM
You do -24% fire resist as SR will increase in stages. It has 8 stages and you have 1.5 seconds to resummon the totem when it dies and keep the curent stage. In other words, yes you get the -24% debuff even if the gem is not maxed. Use it at shaper only, but try practice with it on maps and so to become familiar with the key pressing protocol.
Keep the resist maxed out. Shield charge, frenzy and cyclone should have same crit chance.
Cyclone can be lvl 1, we are not interested in it's damage. Q20 to have greater area. We are interested only to hit to process EE and get fortify.
I am trying atm to see how good is reckoning to apply curses. That will save another gem spot if working good.
So I have put reckoning + CoH + Curse and in 4L I use cyclone-fortify-life gain on hit- stone golem. THis way stone golem get's fortify and life gain on hit also. It is tankier than before. Cyclone had also the advantage of hitting many targets multiple times/sec. 55 HP for each hit is a good regeneration also.

The shaper problem is like this: you have to be accomodate with mechanics of this fight, put all vortex on edge so they don't interfere with actual fight. No problem to step in one vortex and create another one on top of that. I can resist few seconds in those vortexes. If you adress this issue then the fight is easier. The lack of DPS usually leads to floor full of vortex and Shaper failure. Also spell totem -SR will help ya wih minions to kill them quicker and also is an extra target for them so they don't rush into Zana.
I was thinking about stacking vortexes in a corner, I think I can resist too for a few seconds.
With good management I can beat this old guy without spending dozens exalts. And it's pretty funny fight.

I'll try the SR totem configuration next time, maybe tomorrow, I just miss minotaur's key now.

Your setup with "cyclone-fortify-life gain on hit- stone golem" is very interresting.. I often loose my golem in boss fights.The only reason I like shield charge is for clearspeed, and I can still use flame dash for that purpose (yes I really love flame dash^^)

Speaking about reckoning I never tried this spell so I can't give you feedback, but as I understand this, you need to block to proc the curse, so it will not be 100% effective. I'm interrested by any feedback anyway.

Yes you need to block. If you block once at 5 seconds is enough because the curse it applies last 8-10 seconds. So in fact is enough to block once at 8 seconds to keep curse up. You apply curse as AoE so is not a single target. Is just for the fact that i am lazy. Otherwise I can cast curse mannually or spam ice nova - CoH - Curse.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info