Shut-in needs advice

"
solwitch wrote:
"
soneka101 wrote:
"
solwitch wrote:
Of all the examples...

Can you give some that are equivalent? I couldn't think of any myself.

Yourself... How you treat yourself clear indication of what relationship you/someone may offer. Can't love another human being if you don't love yourself in the first place.

I'm not sure if that is equivalent, I mean, his example helps to create an image.

For example, if you think "What kind of guy I would allow to date my(non-existent) daughter?"

Then you can come up with a image like: "Someone that is respectful, responsible, that likes her, someone that is clean, that has a job and etc..."

After the image is created you can aim to be that, to act like someone you think is acceptable, that is good for the person he is going to date. I think that if people try that, they make themselves a better person, and become less hypocritical(you know, this whole thing of judging others with the same standards that you judge yourself).

----

But what you are saying is that instead of "being someone as good as the person I would allow to date my sister/daughter" I should aim to be... myself?

Done.

And I didn't even do anything. For better or for worse I am already myself since the day I was born >.<
"
MinasMorgul wrote:
I'm 27 and I haven't socialized whatsoever for 8 years now. Always dwelling in my den (when not at work), avoiding sunlight and reality. So my social skills are kinda rusted away. No clue what people do together in their free time. Now I'll meet a girl. I don't know anything about her except that she's a nice girl and that she's also alone most of the time. She's just as childish as me, even though she's a bit older. She's helping out at my moms workplace, so she got asked whether she wants to meet me. Yup, she wants. Now the panic kicks in.

I think I'll be straightforward. First thing would be talking about each others hobbies, I guess. Mine are Japanese (the real thing, not the weeb-thing), visual novels, wandering, games, anime, 19th century philosophers and sexy time. If she's into that, then good, if not, I won't need her anyway. I wonder if she'll be impressed by my 14 dakimakura, 23 anime girl posters and 35 figurines decorating my room...

If she wants to enter my bedroom, she has to defeat the first boss in dark souls 3. lol. *cries in Japanese*

(I'm posting here because I have no one else to talk to)

"If she wants to enter my bedroom, she has to defeat the first boss in dark souls 3. lol. *cries in Japanese*

If I was her you won me over, nothing sexier than a funny guy.

"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
So, now I can give the first real update.

Not sure what to think of today.
We met, took a good 2h stroll through some hiking paths and had surprisingly no problem at all to hold a conversation. That's good. Haven't thought I'd be able to do that.
She's a former gamer-girl, looks good and has a cute personality. (For those who think I need to go to the gym: I'm no neckbeard. I'm in good shape). Perfect for my original idea, right?
So after drinking a bottle of wine and walking back, we reached my flat and I let her try out dark souls 3. Nothing better for a healthy start into a relationship than some gruesome demonslaying, right?
Turned out, it was not her type of game. That's ok. She also didn't seem too repelled by my decorations. I guess she expected something like that. But what now? I had no idea what to do. She also didn't seem to have any ideas. That's a problem. It was therefore time to play a more risky game, I concluded.
I turned on some irrelevant TV-program and got closer to her. I was still trying to figure out how far she'd be willing to go, when she told me that her breaking up with her previous boyfriend was just two weeks ago. Not good. Made me understand that I was pushing too fast. Since she mentioned beforehand that she still had someting to do today, she then left shortafter.
I understood the situation, but was disappointed nonetheless. I was actually hoping for some sexy time. C'mon, it's about two loners finally finding each other, I thought. Why the hell not? Who'd not want some? F*ck it, I thought, so I went out and got mine anyway. One way or the other.
I then sent her a message, apologizing for my haste, suggesting that she'd take the lead next time (since I'm obviously not competent enough for that). No reply so far.
Now I'm asking myself the very fundamental question whether I actually want to go again through this eversame bullshit or not.
For now, it's booze.

Thank you for reading.
Kuduku, you majestic, magnificent, pulsating, wooden shaft of a man. - ZiggyD
Last edited by MinasMorgul on Apr 24, 2017, 2:29:47 PM
i just read the words "sexless relationship" on this page, can someone elaborate, how can two adults that aren't like.... ultra christian or conservative have a sexless relationship
anything is everything
Last edited by Manocean on Apr 24, 2017, 2:01:31 PM
"
Manocean wrote:
i just read the words "sexless relationship" on this page, can someone elaborate, because that's an oxymoron and actually it hurts to read those words next to eachother

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Platonic_love
"
MinasMorgul wrote:
"
Manocean wrote:
i just read the words "sexless relationship" on this page, can someone elaborate, because that's an oxymoron and actually it hurts to read those words next to eachother

OHHHH

platonic relationship. like friends, like a person you like to spend time with but you don't have sex, or date them, or marry them

yea, i have a lot of relationships like that... those are the best kind, no drama
anything is everything
Last edited by Manocean on Apr 24, 2017, 2:03:41 PM
"
Manocean wrote:
"
MinasMorgul wrote:
"
Manocean wrote:

OHHHH

platonic relationship. like friends, like a person you like to spend time with but you don't have sex, or date them, or marry them

yea, i have a lot of relationships like that... those are the best kind, no drama

I've heard a term "orbiter" somewhere. But that implies girl can have other orbiters, while in platonic one, it is limited to 1 on 1?

At the OP keep us updated if you'd like, I'm wondering how will she respond.
Spreading salt since 2006
"
MinasMorgul wrote:
So, now I can give the first real update.

Not sure what to think of today.
We met, took a good 2h stroll through some hiking paths and had surprisingly no problem at all to hold a conversation. That's good. Haven't thought I'd be able to do that.
She's a former gamer-girl, looks good and has a cute personality. (For those who think I need to go to the gym: I'm no neckbeard. I'm in good shape). Perfect for my original idea, right?
So after drinking a bottle of wine and walking back, we reached my flat and I let her try out dark souls 3. Nothing better for a healthy start into a relationship than some gruesome demonslaying, right?
Turned out, it was not her type of game. That's ok. She also didn't seem too repelled by my decorations. I guess she expected something like that. But what now? I had no idea what to do. She also didn't seem to have any ideas. That's a problem. It was therefore time to play a more risky game, I concluded.
I turned on some irrelevant TV-program and got closer to her. I was still trying to figure out how far she'd be willing to go, when she told me that her breaking up with her previous boyfriend was just two weeks ago. Not good. Made me understand that I was pushing too fast. Since she mentioned beforehand that she still had someting to do today, she then left shortafter.
I understood the situation, but was disappointed nonetheless. I was actually hoping for some sexy time. C'mon, it's about two loners finally finding each other, I thought. Why the hell not? Who'd not want some? F*ck it, I thought, so I went out and got mine anyway. One way or the other.
I then sent her a message, apologizing for my haste, suggesting that she'd take the lead next time (since I'm obviously not competent enough for that). No reply so far.
Now I'm asking myself the very fundamental question whether I actually want to go again through this eversame bullshit or not.
For now, it's booze.

Thank you for reading.

Dude, you just described like 3 months worth of shit. You packed this all into the first date? Of course you had no idea what to do or say after a certain point! Nobody carries on with conversation/engagement for multiple hours on end...even among inner circles there's only so much to say in one get together with friends.

You hiked for 2 hours. Perfect. Done. Date over, you'll call again for the next one.

You make this so complicated on yourself. You're trying to figure out how far she's willing to go? If after 2 hour first date you call her in 5-6 days for a second and she agrees, then that's your first clue about her interest level in you.

You then apologized? TF are you doing? She can take the lead? There ain't going to be a next time...She had nothing to do later that day that couldn't wait, it's simply her way of getting out.

"
MinasMorgul wrote:

F*ck it, I thought, so I went out and got mine anyway. One way or the other.

Get real. You acted like every other desperate idiot that hasn't been with a chick. If you were really as confident as you project in that quote, you wouldn't give a shit on a first date.

You were fine after the hike. Perfectly set up for the next date if you wanted. Next time don't try to meet, get to know, fall in love, fuck, etc. all in the first date.
Last edited by Laurium on Apr 24, 2017, 3:02:32 PM
"
Laurium wrote:

You were fine after the hike. Perfectly set up for the next date if you wanted. Next time don't try to meet, get to know, fall in love, fuck, etc. all in the first date.

This is the best advice I've seen in this thread probably. OP, you had very unrealistic expectations. Your fucking mom set this up. She isn't some chick you picked up in a bar, where the expected outcome would be a bit different probably...
U MAD?
"
Laurium wrote:

you wouldn't give a shit on a first date.

But I do. As you can guess, getting a date is way out of the ordinary for an otaku like me, so I'm prone to overdo it due to my longing for affection. But I don't understand what's wrong with omitting the formal parts and get right to the real deal. That's my fault. I know that.

"
Laurium wrote:

Next time don't try to meet, get to know, fall in love, fuck, etc. all in the first date.

Ok, so in another decade or whenever. Nope, guess I log out before.
Last edited by MinasMorgul on Apr 24, 2017, 3:05:56 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info