[3.1] The Laserbeam! Crit Ball Lightning build - Clearspeed & Bosskills!

@Brize

"
I love this. Helped me instantly to be able to farm T12 and T13 quite comfortably. Thanks for the Input. Anyway, if you use Arctic Armor instead of Haste, doesnt this affect your DPS too much? And at the same time, you cast less orbs at a time, so you also leech less HP, which in Turn negates the extra defense? Or is the impact smaller than I think?

I used to value cast speed alot as it helps melt things faster but would come close to dying due to not much damage mitigation so it's a compromise. For helm enchantment, I have a 40% increased ball lightning damage enchantment instead of the slower ball lightning projectile enchantment.

For cast speed, I have 7-10% from jewels which is sufficient. Furthermore, my mapping gem links are Ice bite - Spell Echo - Arcane Surge - Increased Critical Strike - Increased Critical Damage - Ball lightning. Ice bite helps immensely as not only does it give extra cold damage, it gives free frenzy charges upon killing frozen enemies, which is almost guaranteed with crit. This plus the ascendancy cast speed bonus sustains my cast speed needs as I'm zooming around the map. If you need more cast speed or it feels too sluggish, try focusing on cast speed from jewels or run an Onslaught flask. I really like my setup as I'm constantly whizzing with 6 power charges, max frenzy and endurance charges for damage, speed, and defense respectively. I thought about running Death's Door crusader boots for an extra endurance charge for even more mitigation as I highly value survivability. For the boss I just swap in Slower Projectiles in place of Ice bite and Elemental Focus for Increased Crit strikes. I also run Vaal Lightning Trap and dropping 3 on the boss guarantees shock (as I sometimes don't run vinktars and run Atziri's promise instead). Even with extra boss life, most bosses melt within 7-10 seconds.

I experimented alot and even tried Brinerot Mark unique ring to buff my golem to give me extra cast speed. In the end I changed it to an opal ring instead for more damage. I settled on this final variation as it feels silky smooth to map with.

"
Since I am quite new to the game myself, I wonder which life leech is more effective, LL support or Warlord's Mark. Also, how do you sustain your Mana if you dont use Warlord's?

I run Warlord's Mark with Blasphemy which turns it into an aura. I equipped my Herald of Ice/Thunder with Arctic Armour and the Enlighten Gem Lvl 3 which reduces mana reserved. This way I can run 3 auras without mana problems. If you have trouble leeching, you can try to get the enchantment on gear that helps leech (0.4% damage leeched as life etc...). Didn't really have trouble leeching with my current setup so I didn't go for these. Having life leech on orb of storms is a nice backup in case you get stunned and can't cast to save your life.

I'm thankful to onlyjb for this guide as this is one of the first characters that I tried to experiment with. Sometimes we have to work with what gear we have and following the guide fully is not feasible. I'm happy that I managed to get this far into maps as I never got past farming past tier 8 maps smoothly in previous leagues. I'm only level 89 for now and it only gets better from here on out as I'll gain at least 500 more health to reach 5.5k health and 2.8k ES with upgrades to my gear and unlocking my final jewel slot (I run 5 with a potential 6 possible with respecs). GL.
Last edited by neoCrown on Sep 1, 2017, 1:56:07 PM
"
Brize wrote:
"
spyromat wrote:

But there are 3 auras used on late game...? Do I miss something?

You only have 2 auras active at a time if I am not mistaken, so you can swap when you need it. If you fight bosses you use Wraith and Herald of Ice for example, while you clear with HoI and Haste.

Since I am quite new to the game myself, I wonder which life leech is more effective, LL support or Warlord's Mark. Also, how do you sustain your Mana if you dont use Warlord's?

Thank you for answering ! I didn't know we could swap between auras like that ! But I still count 3 auras (Herald x2 and Wrath)

However, if we can remove auras from slot after using it, it frees a slot for VLT !
Last edited by spyromat on Sep 2, 2017, 4:35:31 AM
@neoCrown

Thanks a lot for this detailed answer.
I played around with Blasphemy but I prefer to Curse on Hit after some tryouts, so that I can have both Herald auras + Haste at the same time (only possible since I bought a lvl 3 Enlighten).
The IC+TS on damage taken boosted my defenses by alot already, but I still have issues with some higher tier bosses. When I did the Abyss Map today (corrupted rare boss) I died twice. I blame at least 1 death on missplaying, but I will still try to boost my defenses without touching the Haste Aura. Of course I need to level further, since I am only lvl 87. I have 5.6k life and 1.4k ES. I think with 4 or 5 more levels, I should be fine. Damage wise I think I have to increase a bit, so that I can facetank the bigger bosses. I will keep sharing my experience with this build here, since I really love it.

Whats your opinion on crit chance? I stopped adding more when I reached 75% crit, my multiplier is around 560%. In my opinion it makes more sense to add multiplier compared to crit chance at this point, but I am not sure. Maybe I should also focus more on adding flat + lightning damage.
So how are you unnafected by vinktars shock without the brinerot whalers?
Hi guys i am having a bit of trouble with the enlighten-herald of ice-inc aoe-haste slot.....
my enlighten gem is now level 2 but equipping both herald of ice and haste i have no mana left...i have looked at only jb's gear and he has no extra mana stats...what is wrong??
Last edited by hoppy_86 on Sep 2, 2017, 7:18:05 PM
Take out the Aoe range. Every aura support gem increases the mana costs.

ahh thankyou....has onlyjb got it wrong in his guide then for the 4L aura with saying to use
Herald of ice-enlighten-Inc aoe-haste???
@neoCrown:

Good job! Thanks for answering all thoose questions deep & proper, i dont have the time to answer everything as exhaustive as i would like to. People like you keep the thread alive right now. Thanks again! :)

@CyraxWinz:
That was a legacy flask.

@chechuftw:
Brineroth`s was never protecting against shock, only against shocked ground.

@Brize:
Thanks aswell for sharing knowledge with the community! :)

@hoppy_86:
A max mana roll on your Choir and Enlighten lv4 are required to run that setup.

A quick update how it is going for me:

I am farming T14-15 pretty solid and was able to do some magic rolled guardians aswell.
Just killed my first 3.0 Shaper a few minutes ago, videos will follow within the next days (maybe a week). Prepare for a bigger guide update then aswell.

GL & keep grinding! :)
JB
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1880210
Last edited by onlyjb on Sep 4, 2017, 2:03:22 AM
@onlyjb

Great, I am looking really forward to the update :) I am getting more and more into the build, it is really fun. I acquired some flasks now and was able to play around, and Dying Sun is really such a charmer. It boosts the dmg a lot, and thus also the defenses, since we need to leech from actuall damage.

The thing I am struggeling with right now is the eternal labyrinth. I mostly die to random traps and impatience, but can anyone give me some tips how to be more succesfull with a caster class like this? It seems like a horrible class for laby, even though I only want to finish it once for the 2 Ascendency points.

Here is my current set-up:

Any tipps in general regarding my gear? It feels like I am getting there now, especially the flask updates help to boost my dmg by a lot. I get to 74.8% crit with power charges, which I determined as a good point, and I have around 520% Crit Multiplier (on lightning).

How important is the 20/20 thing on gems? Again, I am quite new to the game and just found out about the GCP recipe. Should I use it on all my gems?

Also, onlyjb, would you mind to post a screenshot of your character offense and defense stats (when you press c)? Only if you have time of course, I dont wanne appear needy here.

And again, thanks everyone for your input, especially JB, I love PoE again since I play this build, and I learn so many new things every day :)
Is it a standard or Harbinger league build?

Cant seem to find anyone mentioning it o.O i mean yes it must be for both, but your poor in one league and rich in the other, so its good to know for which one it is intended

thanks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info