[3.1] The Laserbeam! Crit Ball Lightning build - Clearspeed & Bosskills!

How can I make this build HC viable because I'm already playing him in HC and I really enjoy it.
@mkdlin:

Nope.

@travisiscool:

Could work, i prefer CotB.

@LundaSwe:

Lots of low level crit caster level guides in the internet :P

@chechuftw:

Brinerot Whalers was a cheap high es option. We need life now. A lot of life!

@AJ3SEN

Oh. This is brave.

Get more lifenodes, use a lifeleech gem, 4L cwdt setup and make sure to always have one finger on your Whirling Blades.

God bless you, good luck!
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1880210
Last edited by onlyjb on Aug 29, 2017, 10:29:36 AM
@AJ3SEN

For survivability, I focused on some Increased Maximum Life % Jewels as well as speccing more into life nodes (Have 4 jewel slots total atm, with potential of 20% extra life from jewels). Orb of storms + Power Charge on Critical + Blind + Life Leech is one layer of defense in case things go sour. Another layer is having Cast with Damage Taken + Immortal Call + Tempest Shield + Increased Duration instead of Shock Nova. I'm also running Arctic Armour instead of Haste. This plus a Basalt/Granite Flask helps mitigate phys damage (Even more if you have the phy reduction from Pantheon Powers).

For boots, A Death's Door Crusader Boots is very good, especially as it adds some armour for more phys reduction as well as extra endurance charges for even more damage reduction through fortify + faster attacks + whirling blades setup. Plus, it frees up a utility flask slot for anti-bleed as the boots give you perma anti-bleed. If you want boots with life mods, Inya's Epiphany is an interesting option as it also gives damage and easier power charge generation.

Having life rolls on every piece of gear helps. Currently sitting at level 89 with 5.1k HP and 2.5k ES. I am experimenting with more damage options so speccing in and out of passive skill tree atm. Doing Tier 13-14 maps comfortably. If I want to push for higher tier maps with a margin of safety, I would aim for 6k HP minimum.

No leech maps and no regen map mods are tough and I would generally skip these map mods. With those thresholds, you should be able to facetank the bosses with adequate damage to finish them off. To reach a higher life threshold, another option would be to phase out of the Choir of the Storm Amulet and get a different one with high life rolls which would bump your HP pool significantly. You do notice a drop in damage against bosses but map clear is still very comfortable even without the amulet.

GL.
Im wondering how in the world you're casting so damn fast. lmao..
Hello,

Thank you for this build, I'm lvling a templar to follow this great lightning setup.

I just have 1 stupid question : how do you use all the spells since we only have 8 spell slots ?

Thank you !
Last edited by spyromat on Aug 31, 2017, 1:07:20 PM
@christheawesome:

Inquisitor ascendancy + cast speed jewels + Spell Echo + Haste + Vaal Haste

@spyromat:

Lightning Golem, Whirling Blades, Vaal Haste, Vaal Storm Call, Aura, Orb of Storm, Ball Lightning = 7 slots in use.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1880210
So I have been lurking and reading this thread for a while, since I build my character around it (thanks jbonly for this amazing guide)

"
@neoCrown
Another layer is having Cast with Damage Taken + Immortal Call + Tempest Shield + Increased Duration instead of Shock Nova

I love this. Helped me instantly to be able to farm T12 and T13 quite comfortably. Thanks for the Input. Anyway, if you use Arctic Armor instead of Haste, doesnt this affect your DPS too much? And at the same time, you cast less orbs at a time, so you also leech less HP, which in Turn negates the extra defense? Or is the impact smaller than I think?
Last edited by Brize on Sep 1, 2017, 2:44:12 AM
"
onlyjb wrote:

@spyromat:

Lightning Golem, Whirling Blades, Vaal Haste, Vaal Storm Call, Aura, Orb of Storm, Ball Lightning = 7 slots in use.

But there are 3 auras used on late game...? Do I miss something?
"
spyromat wrote:

But there are 3 auras used on late game...? Do I miss something?

You only have 2 auras active at a time if I am not mistaken, so you can swap when you need it. If you fight bosses you use Wraith and Herald of Ice for example, while you clear with HoI and Haste.

Since I am quite new to the game myself, I wonder which life leech is more effective, LL support or Warlord's Mark. Also, how do you sustain your Mana if you dont use Warlord's?
Last edited by Brize on Sep 1, 2017, 6:48:06 AM
How do u guys have the Vessel on Vinktar with 20%phys dmg converted to lightning,20%life leech and 20% mana leech at the same time?

i could find no such flask on poe trade. only the phys to lit dmg and life leech.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info