[3.1] The Laserbeam! Crit Ball Lightning build - Clearspeed & Bosskills!

Got some issues. Firstly my life is 5k with 1200ES. I get a lot of beating from bosses. I probably would have to get jewels with life%.
Also i saw at the first post something about 75% crit chance. How is thqt achievable? I get 35 with power charges. I know the videos are from 2.6 but is there so much difference from 2.6, that the build in 2.6 obliterates bosses and i have to play hide and seek and finally kill them after 2-3 deaths? It seems that i dont do dmg. Remind me how can i link my items for u to tell me what do i do wrong?

PS i found the linking. I know one ring is garbage...

Last edited by icy20 on Aug 22, 2017, 9:37:29 AM
Update 22.08.2017

- Cast when Stunned setup turned out to be less effective with health - removed that for extra damage
- Added a few FAQ's
- Various small changes
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1880210
Last edited by onlyjb on Aug 22, 2017, 10:09:39 PM
"
onlyjb wrote:
Update 22.08.2017

- Cast when Stunned setup turned out to be less effective with health - removed that with extra damage
- Added a few FAQ's
- Various small changes

So no more shock nova? When u say inc crit u mean damage or strike?

Pls look at my previous post and comment :)
Last edited by icy20 on Aug 22, 2017, 5:19:02 PM
Can anyone currently playing this is 3.0 doing red maps / guardians give some feedback on how strong they feel it is?

Thank you
With 60%curse effectiveness against bosses (correct me if I am wrong), warlord mark won't be able to outleech the damage dealt by bosses in red maps. Vinktar seems to be a mandatory here. Without one, I tried to link orb of storm with life leech gem. It does help in some situations but again, not a good choice for bosses. I still need to whirl all over the places during bosses fight, which sometimes feels not very comfortable. Do you have any idea for this?
^^
NICE build ,mate!
i have 1 quesiton!
What obout Carcass Jack for this build?( 20% increase AOE- huge buff for DPS ,cuz of overlaping Ball Lightning)
What do u think about it?
and 1 more question
is Call of Brotherhood is mandatory or well rolled x2 Opal rings will be better?
Clearspeed with CoBH is nice...what will be with x2 Opal rings?
@icy20:

I mean Inc Crit Strikes. Fixed that in the build, aswell as the text beyond it. You could also try CwDt with Shock Nova.

Your gear looks good, you are on a good way to delete bosses. Still some stuff to minmax tho. To beat T15 and higher you should aim for atleast 6.5k life and make sure to dash throgh them to get Fortify. This will prevent onehit's and allow to leech against most things.

Some dodge skills are required when it comes to T16 bosses. Depending on their modifiers you need a lot of damage to outleech them. This is possible to obtain, but pretty expensive (lv21 BL etc). Make sure to have one finger on your Whirling Blades ;)

@LastxResort:

Got spare time this season, did not tried a T15 yet. I was able to kill corrupted T14 bosses with lv17/20q gems deathless, it was a bit tricky tho. Looking forward to beat guardians with 20/20 gems :)

For clearspeed it is extreme strong, as most HoI crit builds. Dying Sun will bring that to the max.

@vleex:

I will avoid less curse effect on T15 and above. Did not found a solution yet, tell me when you do :P

@himoko122:

Carcass could work, low life roll tho. Not worth the afford to 6L it i guess.

Call of the Brotherhood works better in lower levels, is later still superior in clearspeed. If u want to delete T15 bosses like you see it on my YouTube channel, better get good Opal Ring's. I had an essence crafted one with 30% lit dmg, 5% cast speed, max implicit & ES. Today ES would be replaced with life for sure.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1880210
Last edited by onlyjb on Aug 23, 2017, 12:04:59 PM
"
onlyjb wrote:
@icy20:

I mean Inc Crit Strikes. Fixed that in the build, aswell as the text beyond it. You could also try CwDt with Shock Nova.

Your gear looks good, you are on a good way to delete bosses. Still some stuff to minmax tho. To beat T15 and higher you should aim for atleast 6.5k life and make sure to dash throgh them to get Fortify. This will prevent onehit's and allow to leech against most things.

Some dodge skills are required when it comes to T16 bosses. Depending on their modifiers you need a lot of damage to outleech them. This is possible to obtain, but pretty expensive (lv21 BL etc). Make sure to have one finger on your Whirling Blades ;)

I thought of CWDT. Would you still suggest tempest shield or something else?
Been following the build pretty closely and made some adaptations along the way due to gear restrictions and overall progression. In terms of survivability, I did run shock nova with CwDt for awhile but the small burst of life leech is not that significant I find. I am running immortal call with CwDt and tempest shield. For further survivability, I've been running Orb of Storms + PCoC + Blind + Knockback. Currently sitting at 4.1k health and 2.2k ES.

Herald of Ice + Call of the Brotherhood makes clearing maps easy but when it comes to single target dps, its not as fast as i would like it to be but still pretty effective. Worried that it might not be sufficient for higher map tiers as I've only been mapping up til Tier 12s. Next upgrades would be getting Dying Sun and the Choir of the Storm Amulet.

Something I'm messing with at the moment is putting in Ice Bite as one of the 6 links replacing faster projectile for mapping and swapping in slower projectile for bosses. The frenzy charges helped improve clear speed slightly. Also running Shield Charge instead of Whirling Blades.

Wondering on what gear to work on next.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info