[3.1] The Laserbeam! Crit Ball Lightning build - Clearspeed & Bosskills!

@pesemire:

Cant await your Hysteria review then.
Next season i will prolly start as Ball Lightning again and update the guide. :)
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1880210
Hey! I've been playing this game for 1-2 years on hc. I'm going to try your build in hc!! Not sure if as a league starter for this race or just to get to lvl 95 afterwards.

Would you say it has decent damage to take on random breaches etc, I read you said something regarding reflect on early 2017 to an hc viability comment but I think now just being careful with map mods I'll be fine vs reflect.

My main concern is first of all how good is going to be dmg wise and then what would you recommend as pathing on the lvling tree since even tho I consider myself pretty decent at the game I still suck a lot when it comes to theorycrafting.

Thanks in advance, I'm looking forward to your response!
"
Azpers wrote:
Hey! I've been playing this game for 1-2 years on hc. I'm going to try your build in hc!! Not sure if as a league starter for this race or just to get to lvl 95 afterwards.

Would you say it has decent damage to take on random breaches etc, I read you said something regarding reflect on early 2017 to an hc viability comment but I think now just being careful with map mods I'll be fine vs reflect.

My main concern is first of all how good is going to be dmg wise and then what would you recommend as pathing on the lvling tree since even tho I consider myself pretty decent at the game I still suck a lot when it comes to theorycrafting.

Thanks in advance, I'm looking forward to your response!

What a DejaVu! Just realized last year I asked you a very similar question on page 41 haha. Had not tried it since I wasn't convinced about pulling it off.

I will try for sure this race, still deciding tho if I'll try your build or another one that is trap ball lightning. I think I'll go with yours since I'll have higher Ehp.

I see you even posted an hc tree so I can get an idea for what to go for. Thanks a lot I suck at theorycrafting.

If you have any heads up regaridng 3.2 I'll greatly appreciate it!

@Azpers:

With 1 year+ knowledge you should be able to tweak the build HC viable. The tree you found on page 42 is still somewhat offensive - today i'd rather go even more tanky.
You prob want to use Immortal Call over Shock Nova, ie.

Damage wise you should have a good time, bosses can be very hard early on thought. I would recomend to use GC or any other well known meta bosskill spell, until the bosskill ability starts kicking in (for me usualy around lv 75).

A Watcher's Eye with "#ES gain on hit" is a huge bonus to your leech, regen and recharge - a thing that is not implemented in the current draft of the build.

As you scale crit / crit multi mainly, Lightpoacher might be a nice helmet to improve clearspeed - only if you can live with it's low ES amount thought.

Last but not least you can theoreticaly run Orb of Storms + Power Charge on Critical in a 2 link now and safe gem slots - thank you GGG for Warlord's Mark elder mod. :)
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1880210
Last edited by onlyjb on May 3, 2018, 6:37:30 PM
Haha indeed.

Thanks a lot for the responde, I don't have much experiencie neither with trap builds or crit builds so I'm not planning on making a starter of this to the race but for sure I will give a try to it later on!!
Hey there. Fun build, been having a blast playing around with it in Flashback... but one of my issue is survivability.

I've sort of hit a wall around Tier7-8. I can kill trash very fast, but if a hard yellow pops by (or exiles/invasion/beyond uniques), they tend to 1-2shot me before I get to really react. Especially Bestiary beasts.

Tried doing normal Atziri too, started 1shotting me on every attack during her 30% HP phase.

In merciless lab, I can facetank Izaro but he deals easily 60% of my ES per hit, so I imagine Uber Izaro will 1 shot me. Not that I'd try to facetank Uber, but not much of a choice if I get 1shot anyway at the slight mistake.

I'm unsure what I can do to boost my tankiness further to avoid getting 1 shot from things. I capped my resists, I bought top ES gear that's available to me in Flashback for reasonable prices (At most right now from what's available for sale, I can only get roughly 250-300 base ES extra total on my gear at very high cost)

Any help would be appreciated. Really liking the build and would be a shame to give up on it already.

https://pastebin.com/kdg8GvcE

or

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/worldpk/characters
Now that the slower proj helm enchant is gone, what is best? 40% dmg or 12% aoe?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info