[3.1] The Laserbeam! Crit Ball Lightning build - Clearspeed & Bosskills!

@Brize:

Labyrinth is a bit tricky. Make sure to grab some instant lifeflasks. Once your gear is optimized it will become easier (did 100+ uber lab runs with the build last season).

Once you reached Izaro try not the get oneshoted. Currently experimenting with Vortex in CwDt, it creates a nice slowfield that should help a lot against Izaro.

Screenshots of my stats as wished, standing in hideout with bosskill setup:
Spoiler

Ball Lightning:

Lightning Bolt:

Defense:

@Oevus:

I am playing it curently in the Harbinger league. The only expensive gear pieces are Vessel of Vinktar & Choir of the Storm.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1880210
Last edited by onlyjb on Sep 5, 2017, 12:34:05 AM
"Has to be the Inquisitor, as his critical hits penetrate 100% elemental resistance!"
The wording is wrong here. It threats enemy resistance as if it was 0%. Does not penetrate 100%.
Cool build idea anyway. Gonna try something similar since my storm burst-cwc-ball lightning does not do enough dmg.
Hi everyone, i'm a new player with a noob question.
One of the key item of the build is Choir of the Storm. I can't find any information regarding the way to acquire the amulet. The guide states that it belongs to the Breach League (a temporary, old league). How can i find the object "in game" (i know i can trade it)?
Thank you!
"
kaeleb85 wrote:
Hi everyone, i'm a new player with a noob question.
One of the key item of the build is Choir of the Storm. I can't find any information regarding the way to acquire the amulet. The guide states that it belongs to the Breach League (a temporary, old league). How can i find the object "in game" (i know i can trade it)?
Thank you!

You get it by using blessing of esh on a voice of the storm amulet. Both can only be aquired from esh domain. Hes a breach boss. You can open hes domain by collecting 100 splinter of esh and using em on a map device.
So its not easy to get. Better to just buy it :)
"
You get it by using blessing of esh on a voice of the storm amulet. Both can only be aquired from esh domain. Hes a breach boss. You can open hes domain by collecting 100 splinter of esh and using em on a map device.
So its not easy to get. Better to just buy it :)

At least is possible to get it somehow :D ... time to start keeping chaos orbs
Thanks again.
Last edited by kaeleb85 on Sep 5, 2017, 1:51:52 PM
onlyjb
Perfect, thank you so much.

Well, equipwise I am basically where I want to be now, got some minor updates and my stats are pretty much like yours.My gems are all 19/20 now, so just a little more grinding to 20/20. I guess I will do 1 more level to 90 and then try to kill the Shaper, which was my goal for this "season". Thanks a lot for all the help! I will keep you updated :)
@Laskinaama:

Thanks! Fixed that.
Good luck with your build, share your results. :)

@kaeleb85:

What Laskinaama said. Get a Voice of the Storm first, it can be used in a lower level and is slightly cheaper.

@Brize:

You are welcome. Be aware that Shaper may need some practice before you beat it, hardly doing a run deathless yet. I recomend to get atleast Ball Lightning to lv21, as spells increase heavy in damage with level. It provided me about +7% tooltip DPS.

To all you new tryhards out there, got 4x lv20/20q Ball Lightning corrupted left now.
The first 4 replys (to prevent PM spam) will win one each. If you have a 20/20 gem already, please leave thoose for the newbies. :)
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1880210
@onlyjb I wanted to say thank you for the build and all the work you put into it, and answering people here. This is my first character on PoE and I chose this build. The build is working very well, even with someone as new to the game as I am.

Currently doing some low tier maps and just finished the merciless lab this morning (had no problem at all, only died to Izaro when I stopped moving and took the jump attack on the face (got one-shoted)). My stuff is probably garbage, but I'm upgrading steadily as funds become available :)

Now if you really don't need that corrupted Ball lighting, I can help by taking it :)
Its not really a build im making. I had 6L agnerod west, volkuurs gloves and 5L cospris will eguipped for poison and to tacle hexproof. I just added that amulet and respecked some crit and put up 6L ball lightning setup on my agnerod :) Melted uber izaro pretty fast but i got wrecked on couple of T13 maps with annoying mods. Got arctic armour, enfeeble+temp chain on orb of storms and warlords mark on blasphemy. Also got immortal call setup. But only 5.2k hp.

Dont really have any currency to buy more fitting gear now since i have spent it freely on stupid stuff and crappy gear for my flickerCoCker.

Maby i try to make this into a real build when i got currency again. :) Now im just fooling around and trying random stuff.

Also i wonder if i should drop inevidable judgement since i get 20% penetration from staff. Propably not worth it tho since map bosses tend to have 30+ resi.

Last edited by Laskinaama on Sep 6, 2017, 5:22:39 AM
I started wondering how much dmg boost volkuurs + cospris actually give to a build like this.
In theory it sounds great to have 8/10 of your lightning hits deal 20% of the damage done as poison. And as we know there is no limit to poison stacks.
If these two together actually work as the wording suggests and gives your lightning hits 80% chance to poison.
Last edited by Laskinaama on Sep 6, 2017, 5:56:47 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info