UBER LAB IS FUCKED

"
mark1030 wrote:
If it were easy, then people would just do it without complaining like they do the other side quests that give skill points. So difficulty has to be one of the reasons people bother to not just do it. I hate the last half of act 4 from the Belly of the Beast through Malachai. But I don't complain about it. I just do it. If it were too difficulty, I would be more likely to complain about it.

I can't speak for others, but I've died something like 99,99% doing "regular gameplay" and 0.001% with "trap gameplay".
But, from those 99.99% I've always had something to learn to improve gameplay. Never once I've complained.
Now, dying to "trap gameplay"... well, I understand OP's post.

Again, its all back to preferences. I'm sure one can learn a lot of strategies/gear/patterns and ace "trap gameplay".
But why spend time doing something I dislike? And adjust the gameplay as a whole just to match it?

The "git gud" true meaning is "learn to like traps and play".

I dont and I don't anymore.

See you guys later, maybe I'll come and check things in a few months.

Have fun everyone!
"

But why spend time doing something I dislike? And adjust the gameplay as a whole just to match it?

To get the reward that you so desperately want. If it wasn't for that reward you wouldn't be doing it, so either plan on doing it so you can get the reward or don't plan on doing it and don't get the reward. Its really as simple as that.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
"
mark1030 wrote:
If it were easy, then people would just do it without complaining like they do the other side quests that give skill points. So difficulty has to be one of the reasons people bother to not just do it. I hate the last half of act 4 from the Belly of the Beast through Malachai. But I don't complain about it. I just do it. If it were too difficulty, I would be more likely to complain about it.

I can't speak for others, but I've died something like 99,99% doing "regular gameplay" and 0.001% with "trap gameplay".
But, from those 99.99% I've always had something to learn to improve gameplay. Never once I've complained.
Now, dying to "trap gameplay"... well, I understand OP's post.

Again, its all back to preferences. I'm sure one can learn a lot of strategies/gear/patterns and ace "trap gameplay".

The "git gud" true meaning is "learn to like traps and play".

I dont and I don't anymore.

See you guys later, maybe I'll come and check things in a few months.

Have fun everyone!

Normal humans want to have a fun challenge from a game. You're doing the right thing, sir.

Lab is crap, without a doubt.

Be well, and see you around :)
"
SoiledPride wrote:
This is the most bullshit part of the stupid fucking game.
How can you justify having fucked up traps that kill so fucking fast in the fucking dark.
6 fucking offerings I just went through and I finally got to the last phase and get fucking 1 shot.
1 SHOT!
[Removed by Support]
THEN ONE SHOT!
JUSTIFY THAT.
[Removed by Support]
FUCK THE STUPID LAB.

Then build a decent character for once and get good at the game ?
"
torturo wrote:
"
greenyadzer wrote:
The tragedy of lab is that so much work was done to make it, and same time so few people actually enjoy it. Truly failed piece of content.

Developers always take the risk of creating content which could be either flawed, or not much anticipated by the players. Sometimes promising ideas turn to bad, or personal preferences and visions of creator may not be welcomed by users.

That's why professional developers have a couple of approaches to react when good intentions turn wrong:

1. Probing players' anticipations and reactions in advance, before implementation. Then watching closely and taking decisions able to please both sides.

2. By taking into account the feedback on their work, and making reworks and improvements on the go, rapid hotfixes included.

The point is to fulfill your initial intentions as a developer, but at the same time to please the majority of your player base. Not everyone, as you can't make all happy, but the majority. Having in mind that your marketing and art visions are important, but players pay your bills. Compromises with the hope of a win-win scenario.

What of these ggg has done? None. What's worse, they see their work isn't anticipated by many, or even hated by some, but they act like little angry kids ("it will be my way" behavior). Nonsensically stubborn to a point of stupidity. They see the flaws, they probably know the solutions, but they don't step back.

Lab should have been reworked days or weeks after it was implemented. And btw with proper implementation it could really be a great part of this game. Instead, it's pain in the ass.

This game shouldn't be a battlefield players vs developers, nor a tool to rub someone's ego. It makes no sense.

Angry kids lol yeah :)

The lab is retarded imo . I love arpgs . Poe is not a arpg anymore . With the lab its a mix of two games . My god i had big hopes for a d4 , guess we have to stick with this until that happens .
Why the devs dont do shit i dont get . There is no doubt that its too large amount of players that hate it . 8 out of 10 people i talk with or people i know in the game hate it like it was cancer . These people are true arpg fans like me and they are adult people and not noobs .

As far as i know in 3.0 its still gonna be just as cancerous as it is atm . I just dont get why ggg dont listen more to the community , i feel like they listen less and less . It shouldn't be that hard to find a way to make it more enjoyable for more people . Have you given up ggg ? Dont you care ?

To make a strange comparison with wrestling . It feels like to me poe was like The undertaker before the lab arrived, after the lab came , undertaker retires the greatest ever in wwe/f , and we get John cena and Roman reigns pushed down our throats ( the lab ) even if we like it or not .

Imo its just as stupid to have the ascendancy points gated behind another game as the leo master that we have to also play another game to unlock content to use in pve , but have to play pvp to get some pve content !!!!!???? wtf !!!!!???

GGG its still not too late , you can do it . Do you want to be great or John cena ?
Last edited by Devonor on Apr 14, 2017, 6:56:33 PM
"
Devonor wrote:
"
torturo wrote:
"
greenyadzer wrote:
The tragedy of lab is that so much work was done to make it, and same time so few people actually enjoy it. Truly failed piece of content.

Developers always take the risk of creating content which could be either flawed, or not much anticipated by the players. Sometimes promising ideas turn to bad, or personal preferences and visions of creator may not be welcomed by users.

That's why professional developers have a couple of approaches to react when good intentions turn wrong:

1. Probing players' anticipations and reactions in advance, before implementation. Then watching closely and taking decisions able to please both sides.

2. By taking into account the feedback on their work, and making reworks and improvements on the go, rapid hotfixes included.

The point is to fulfill your initial intentions as a developer, but at the same time to please the majority of your player base. Not everyone, as you can't make all happy, but the majority. Having in mind that your marketing and art visions are important, but players pay your bills. Compromises with the hope of a win-win scenario.

What of these ggg has done? None. What's worse, they see their work isn't anticipated by many, or even hated by some, but they act like little angry kids ("it will be my way" behavior). Nonsensically stubborn to a point of stupidity. They see the flaws, they probably know the solutions, but they don't step back.

Lab should have been reworked days or weeks after it was implemented. And btw with proper implementation it could really be a great part of this game. Instead, it's pain in the ass.

This game shouldn't be a battlefield players vs developers, nor a tool to rub someone's ego. It makes no sense.

The lab is retarded imo . I love arpgs . Poe is not a arpg anymore . With the lab its a mix of two games . My god i had big hopes for a d4 , guess we have to stick with this until that happens .
Why the devs dont do shit i dont get . There is no doubt that its too large amount of players that hate it . 8 out of 10 people i talk with or people i know in the game hate it like it was cancer . These people are true arpg fans like me and they are adult people and not noobs .

As far as i know in 3.0 its still gonna be just as cancerous as it is atm . I just dont get why ggg dont listen more to the community , i feel like they listen less and less . It shouldn't be that hard to find a way to make it more enjoyable for more people . Have you given up ggg ? Dont you care ?

To make a strange comparison with wrestling . It feels like to me poe was like The undertaker before the lab arrived, after the lab came , undertaker retires the greatest ever in wwe/f , and we get John cena and Roman reigns pushed down our throats ( the lab ) even if we like it or not .

Imo its just as stupid to have the ascendancy points gated behind another game as the leo master that we have to also play another game to unlock content to use in pve , but have to play pvp to get some pve content !!!!!???? wtf !!!!!???

GGG its still not too late , you can do it . Do you want to be great or John cena ?

Diablo 1 and Diablo 2 were my favorite game for many years. Then I played miscellaneous other games just wishing for Diablo 3. When Diablo 3 finally came out, with great excitement and anticipation I loaded it up. I played for a couple hours and was turned off by the cartoon characters and atmosphere. A friend suggested PoE and so I tried that with little hope and no excitement. Three years later and my computer had not yet run any other game besides PoE. When Labyrinth was released I struggled on for a while but started also playing other games off and on, like Grim Dawn. I'm now playing D3 and ignoring the cartoon characters, which is way better than PoE because at least it's an ARPG without the boring labyrinth. D3 has far superior QOL thoughtfulness built in compared to PoE. D3 doesn't have the depth of PoE though. Hopefully GGG will fix this blight on their game by the time I get tired of D3?
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtrwJhU4vlo about d4 and interview with David Brevik by Rhykker .
"
Devonor wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtrwJhU4vlo about d4 and interview with David Brevik by Rhykker .

Nice interview, Thanks!
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Devonor wrote:
"
torturo wrote:
"
greenyadzer wrote:

LOL, the Labyrinth is the essence of ARPG, not mindless turn off your brain killing enemies that could be literally replaced by dots. The true ARPGs genre consists of games like the Ys series.

Besides the Labyrinth traps are easy as hell to pass through with movement skills and flask, you could easily pass through them if you know you could easily tank just a few of them for a split second.
In this paragraph, you explain the labyrinth as something challenging and something not mindless:

"
Randomzx wrote:

LOL, the Labyrinth is the essence of ARPG, not mindless turn off your brain killing enemies that could be literally replaced by dots. The true ARPGs genre consists of games like the Ys series.

In this one you explain how it's not challenging at all and easily cheesed:

"
Randomzx wrote:

Besides the Labyrinth traps are easy as hell to pass through with movement skills and flask, you could easily pass through them if you know you could easily tank just a few of them for a split second.

So, what is it? Is it some super fun, difficult thing making a player "worthy", or is it an annoying, easy cheese fest worthy of nothing?

You can't have it both ways. Make up your mind.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info