UBER LAB IS FUCKED

"
exxidus wrote:

and not stupid random 1 shots every 2nd lab you run - if you dont run one of the few op builds that cant die at all ...

No it isn't, you don't need an OP meta build to do uber lab.
Just a good, well built character.

"
exxidus wrote:

Also life builds having a MEGA HUGE advance ... because of insta life bottles - over es builds

And not really .....
As an example, occultist says hi.

And even if life builds did have an advantage in there .... that would not be fair because ES based build already have an advantage is basically everywhere else ? Is that what you are thinking ?
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
gibbousmoon wrote:

I agree that some aspects of the lab are indeed broken by design and not by accident.

That, however, is not a reason imo to neglect opportunities to fix those problems. Designs can (and obviously do) include mistakes as well.

The reddit meta / daily races are clearly a design decision which lowers the overall quality of the Labyrinth for any average member of its intended audience.

Except the intention was to have "good days" vs bad days, instead of just a good run vs a random one. You see the daily threads as an issue, while GGG pretty much predicted it before they even released the content.

You have an odd fascination with wanting to make the lab even harder on those people that already complain about the lab. I guess you want to give them something to complain about?

"

and not stupid random 1 shots every 2nd lab you run - if you dont run one of the few op builds that cant die at all ...

It just isnt about skill, its about pure luck and build...

Also life builds having a MEGA HUGE advance ... because of insta life bottles - over es builds

What are you getting 1 shot by?

Its 100% about skill, if you play properly with positon and have a full understanding of his mechanics, what exactly are you going to die to? Is there some random switch you hit that instantly kills you? No, its not about luck at all.

Life builds may have life flask, but es builds take a lower portion of damage compared to life as well as having a way to recharge faster then life builds can. No one is complaining about es builds having a hard time with the lab anymore, that was so last year.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
exxidus wrote:
Even tho the first post is pretty stupid ..

I agree with this Uber Lab being completely dumb ... and it shouldnt be endgame at all ...

We want something like Atziri, Shaper ... where we have a few tries, where we can die, where we can bleed the hell out ..

If you're getting one shot in the lab, then that means you haven't built to be able to deal with the mechanics, or that you should have dealt with the mechanics in an earlier phase, so they wouldn't be there, stacked with the other in the final fight.

Also, LOL instant pots giving a massive advantage... you say you're getting one shot, but somehow an instant pot is gonna help that?
U MAD?
"
Docbp87 wrote:
"
exxidus wrote:
Even tho the first post is pretty stupid ..

I agree with this Uber Lab being completely dumb ... and it shouldnt be endgame at all ...

We want something like Atziri, Shaper ... where we have a few tries, where we can die, where we can bleed the hell out ..

If you're getting one shot in the lab, then that means you haven't built to be able to deal with the mechanics, or that you should have dealt with the mechanics in an earlier phase, so they wouldn't be there, stacked with the other in the final fight.

Also, LOL instant pots giving a massive advantage... you say you're getting one shot, but somehow an instant pot is gonna help that?

havent had a single life build so far, that got insta killed ... tons of es builds get insta killed if not OP gear, or OP build (meta trash) ... life is the only way i could play without meta builds to be able to make endgame content ... es is pretty much same builds all over the place
"
exxidus wrote:

havent had a single life build so far, that got insta killed ... tons of es builds get insta killed if not OP gear, or OP build (meta trash) ... life is the only way i could play without meta builds to be able to make endgame content ... es is pretty much same builds all over the place

I dont suppose you have video proof do you?

https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
goetzjam wrote:
"
gibbousmoon wrote:

I agree that some aspects of the lab are indeed broken by design and not by accident.

That, however, is not a reason imo to neglect opportunities to fix those problems. Designs can (and obviously do) include mistakes as well.

The reddit meta / daily races are clearly a design decision which lowers the overall quality of the Labyrinth for any average member of its intended audience.

Except the intention was to have "good days" vs bad days, instead of just a good run vs a random one. You see the daily threads as an issue, while GGG pretty much predicted it before they even released the content.

You have an odd fascination with wanting to make the lab even harder on those people that already complain about the lab. I guess you want to give them something to complain about?

No, I want to have a better game.

I'm not interested in making the Lab easier, or more cheeseable (or preserving those aspects of the Lab). I'm interested in making it fun for those who prefer to play for their rewards, and not work for them. (That would be most of us, since this is a video game.)

A collection of linear paths to rewards which discourages exploration makes the Labyrinth significantly less fun than it would otherwise be. It also prevents GGG from adding rewards throughout the Labyrinth, since those additions would simply become additional piñatas at the end of linear paths.

Having some days be "good" and some days be "bad" does not add to the fun in any way that I can perceive.

The Labyrinth feels like work for many players specifically because it emphasizes the destination and discourages the journey in a way shared by no other part of the game. (Which likely explains why players don't typically complain that the rest of the game feels like work.)

You "work" for the wealth found mostly at the end. This is not a fun dynamic for many. I doubt that will ever change.
Wash your hands, Exile!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info