UBER LAB IS FUCKED

"
gibbousmoon wrote:
"
BestMageKR wrote:
So buy a carry and stop complaining or you know git gud ?

Because being carried through boring content is somehow less boring than playing boring content?

Do you even bother to read perspectives which are not your own?

Because playing shit tier builds is so much more fun?

Recruiting for Archnemesis League/Siege of the Atlas!
Umbra Exiles:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3244875
The Official Path of Exile Guild Directory:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1192567
"
gibbousmoon wrote:
"
BestMageKR wrote:
So buy a carry and stop complaining or you know git gud ?

Because being carried through boring content is somehow less boring than playing boring content?

Do you even bother to read perspectives which are not your own?

Nah, that poster just goes around making smart-ass one-liners because he/she thinks it makes themselves look witty when it sadly doesn't. That or just wants to bump the post count, which could also be true.
Mandatory of doing Lord's Labyrinth is twisted. Player...

1. Make account and first character.
2. Having fun walktrough Normal Mode.
3. To realize Ascendancy Trials
4. Try pass Lab...

At this point fun factor seems to falling down. Because Lab is long, there is no possibility to stop it or run it fast for player without uber gear or with glass char. DC can be annoying too. Boss must be killed three times...

After that player leans he had to run two more times this shit for get some usefull skill points. A very usefull. But Cruel and Merciless are hard. So casual, new player have choice. Buy carry or buy uber gear or/and overleveled and then go back to Lab. But still new pler probably don't have currency for buy average gear. Carry is cheaper. But if game force player to buy service from other players, and carry service is common in game, that means something goiing wrong.
IMO carry service is cancer, but is necessarily and that means Lab is broken. Because what's the poing pass this content for back there when character will be overleveled and full geared? The point is, a new players scarcely need a ascendancy points for making characer stronger. But classes aren't balanced, and that is a fact. some classes have easier, some harder.
That's why end-game maps have same problem. For do this, you need a very good geared and build char, but how you can reach this, if you can't do maps? Where you can find better gear if Dried Lake is not enough and you have no mastercraft and enough materials to lot ot trials? If player hit a wall (Lab) and need a carry, or uber gear (but carry is cheaper) that player feel like a dumb and unfair.
This discourages the game.

That's the point, PoE is twisted in those aspects. In normal way player should growing strong after time, PoE force player to be stronger before he can even beat content what let him to being stronger.

PoE need a little flow to doing content one by one without hit the wall.

(Very sorry for my english, I hope you can understand what I mean)
Baby don't Vaal me, don't Vaal me, no more!
Vaal me baby one more time!
The eVaalution is now!
Hakuna Matata, Warriors!
Last edited by Popieluch on Apr 24, 2017, 5:44:02 AM
If this game isn't your cup of tea stop playing it!
"
Zalhan2 wrote:

Zalhan, that is good advice in general, but in this instance it is only valid to the extent the Labyrinth dominates a player's subjective experience of the game. Why else would Labyrinth hatred be so vicious and yet not drive players away from the game entirely?

I do believe that this is Chris Wilson's thinking as well: As time goes on and more content is added, the relative influence on a player's experience exerted by the Labyrinth will naturally drop, thus taking the heat off of the team, little by little.

My position is that the Labyrinth is way too cool a concept to be abandoned like that. Why let the hard work of the Labyrinth devs go to waste by leaving it in its currently awful state? There are qualitative flaws which can and should be fixed (let's start by killing the obnoxiously linear piñata-chasing reddit meta, by randomizing the fucker).
Wash your hands, Exile!
"
gibbousmoon wrote:
"
Zalhan2 wrote:

Zalhan, that is good advice in general, but in this instance it is only valid to the extent the Labyrinth dominates a player's subjective experience of the game. Why else would Labyrinth hatred be so vicious and yet not drive players away from the game entirely?

I do believe that this is Chris Wilson's thinking as well: As time goes on and more content is added, the relative influence on a player's experience exerted by the Labyrinth will naturally drop, thus taking the heat off of the team, little by little.

My position is that the Labyrinth is way too cool a concept to be abandoned like that. Why let the hard work of the Labyrinth devs go to waste by leaving it in its currently awful state? There are qualitative flaws which can and should be fixed (let's start by killing the obnoxiously linear piñata-chasing reddit meta, by randomizing the fucker).

It's a core progression gateway. If you do not like it stop playing!!!!!
"
gibbousmoon wrote:
"
Zalhan2 wrote:

You and others keep talking as if the design of the lab wasn't to have some fixed style outlets from run to run. There are reasons for this, including but not limited to the daily race, the fact the lab is in a broken state, ect.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
goetzjam wrote:

You and others keep talking as if the design of the lab wasn't to have some fixed style outlets from run to run. There are reasons for this, including but not limited to the daily race, the fact the lab is in a broken state, ect.

You mean the daily farce?

Honestly, GGG shouldn't keep the system crappy for all just to keep a couple of dozen jobless guys 'busy' day after day.
"
goetzjam wrote:
"
gibbousmoon wrote:
"
Zalhan2 wrote:

You are not wrong.

I agree that some aspects of the lab are indeed broken by design and not by accident.

That, however, is not a reason imo to neglect opportunities to fix those problems. Designs can (and obviously do) include mistakes as well.

The reddit meta / daily races are clearly a design decision which lowers the overall quality of the Labyrinth for any average member of its intended audience.
Wash your hands, Exile!
Even tho the first post is pretty stupid ..

I agree with this Uber Lab being completely dumb ... and it shouldnt be endgame at all ...

We want something like Atziri, Shaper ... where we have a few tries, where we can die, where we can bleed the hell out ..

and not stupid random 1 shots every 2nd lab you run - if you dont run one of the few op builds that cant die at all ...

It just isnt about skill, its about pure luck and build...

Also life builds having a MEGA HUGE advance ... because of insta life bottles - over es builds

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info