UBER LAB IS FUCKED

"
鬼殺し wrote:
I have absolutely no intention of passing the Uber Labyrinth. I'll give it a go (already cleared the Trials easily enough) but my build basically doesn't need the last two Ascendancy Points.

I made sure of that well before I got to this point.

I view it the same way I view anything else with the prefix "Uber" -- some ridiculously difficult challenge implemented purely for the so-called 1%. If you know that doesn't include you, don't plan to reap the rewards. Be realistic.

I do not currently view core Labyrinth as optional, merely something to be tackled in due time. Ascendancy was designed with six points total as a reward, not eight. The Uber Labyrinth was added later. Those last two truly are a bonus, and if you can't see it that way, if you feel you simply have to have them, if you believe you are in that 1% (it's probably smaller than that)...then I wish you luck and hope you are worthy.

Everyone else? Plan for six points. Not eight.

Charan makes an excellent point in this post. I suspect that his 1% "guess" is a good guess. I would guess that only a very small percentage (maybe around 1% ??) of the players in the player base ever even complete an uber lab for any of their characters. Now from the forums you'd guess that it would be way greater than that. I believe though that the elite players are generally the people that more typically post on this forum.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
鬼殺し wrote:
I have absolutely no intention of passing the Uber Labyrinth. I'll give it a go (already cleared the Trials easily enough) but my build basically doesn't need the last two Ascendancy Points.

I view it the same way I view anything else with the prefix "Uber" -- some ridiculously difficult challenge implemented purely for the so-called 1%. If you know that doesn't include you, don't plan to reap the rewards. Be realistic.

I do not currently view core Labyrinth as optional, merely something to be tackled in due time. Ascendancy was designed with six points total as a reward, not eight. The Uber Labyrinth was added later. Those last two truly are a bonus, and if you can't see it that way, if you feel you simply have to have them, if you believe you are in that 1% (it's probably smaller than that)...then I wish you luck and hope you are worthy.

I know this is probably what everybody says, but I would suggest you take a daily look at poelab and check for easy Izaro mechanics (portals, lieutenants, fonts assuming you have anticurse flask, etc) and two handed mace. Then just take things slowly, disable all the Izaro mechanics in each stage - which is easy if you use a decoy totem and/or stone golem to distract him.

I will agree that having to go to such metagame extremes to get your last points is bloody ridiculous though. Really makes me think the ascendancy points are a bad fit for the labyrinth :D
21/05/18 - The beginning of the end of PoE
"
SoiledPride wrote:
This is the most bullshit part of the stupid fucking game.
How can you justify having fucked up traps that kill so fucking fast in the fucking dark.
6 fucking offerings I just went through and I finally got to the last phase and get fucking 1 shot.
1 SHOT!
[Removed by Support]
THEN ONE SHOT!
JUSTIFY THAT.
[Removed by Support]
FUCK THE STUPID LAB.

The truth of poe - dont play melee unless you have godly gear for the build. Play ranged

If you play ranged and Izaro kills you - git gud
If I dont reply to you - I dont give a flying duck about your opinion

If you dont reply to me - I dont care either because I dont come back to see who replied to me
"
鬼殺し wrote:

You make a good point, but let me clarify my position regarding trap gameplay (uber or not):

I've made a few lab runs in all three difficulties to get the asc. points. Never died. Died a couple times in trials, tho.
Did not liked it, was something to do and begone.

Then came the ubers. Ripped at lingering pain (first map entered), repeated same trial with same char with exact same gear/flasks and completed it. Then I quit POE.

So, no, I dont think its uber difficult.

The way I see it, trap gameplay could be interesting in the game. Traps here and there, you have to watch where you stand and can even take advantage from them to kill monsters. But its implementation was nothing like that. Just like too much salt in a dish, instead of making it better, it became far worse.

Anyway, its just my opinion. I guess the reason its so difficult to understant both sides is because its all about personal preferences and tastes and that not many people like to be forced to eat food they dont like :P

As a side note: I played slow, tanky builds. Spent hours and hours theorycrafting and liked to favour underdog uniques. Never even close considered a build to need 8 AP.
"
munkytos wrote:

lab.is.easy.git.gud.

sorry, doesn't apply

"
"
munkytos wrote:

lab.is.easy.git.gud.

sorry, doesn't apply

Somehow I suspect that that strawman will never die. ;)

If the Lab's largest problem were that it is too difficult, then I think most of us would agree that it is one of the best pieces of content in the game.

Not only is difficulty not high on the list of problems with the Labyrinth; it's not on the list at all in my opinion.
Wash your hands, Exile!
If it were easy, then people would just do it without complaining like they do the other side quests that give skill points. So difficulty has to be one of the reasons people bother to not just do it. I hate the last half of act 4 from the Belly of the Beast through Malachai. But I don't complain about it. I just do it. If it were too difficulty, I would be more likely to complain about it.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
mark1030 wrote:
If it were easy, then people would just do it without complaining like they do the other side quests that give skill points. So difficulty has to be one of the reasons people bother to not just do it. I hate the last half of act 4 from the Belly of the Beast through Malachai. But I don't complain about it. I just do it. If it were too difficulty, I would be more likely to complain about it.

You have been informed many times by many that the assertions that labyrinth is too difficult is not true. The hardest thing about Labyrinth is suffering through the boring and irritating game play. You have been informed of this and so I can't say that you are making an uninformed statement of the opinion of others. What would your statement be? Just a false statement, I guess, since I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you actually believe your false statement to be true? You instead think we all are conspiring to lie to you about what our opinion is of labyrinth?
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
mark1030 wrote:

You have been informed many times by many that the assertions that labyrinth is too difficult is not true. The hardest thing about Labyrinth is suffering through the boring and irritating game play. You have been informed of this and so I can't say that you are making an uninformed statement of the opinion of others. What would your statement be? Just a false statement, I guess, since I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you actually believe your false statement to be true? You instead think we all are conspiring to lie to you about what our opinion is of labyrinth?
Tell me, does this sound like a guy who thinks it's not too difficult?:
"
SoiledPride wrote:
How can you justify having fucked up traps that kill so fucking fast in the fucking dark.
6 fucking offerings I just went through and I finally got to the last phase and get fucking 1 shot.
1 SHOT!
[Removed by Support]
THEN ONE SHOT!
JUSTIFY THAT.
[Removed by Support]
FUCK THE STUPID LAB.
Maybe you should follow your own instructions and not make uninformed statements of the opinions of the guy whose thread you're posting in.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Last edited by mark1030 on Apr 14, 2017, 3:23:36 AM
"
mark1030 wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
mark1030 wrote:

Tell me, does this sound like a guy who thinks it's not too difficult?:
"
SoiledPride wrote:
1 SHOT!
[Removed by Support]
THEN ONE SHOT!
JUSTIFY THAT.
[Removed by Support]
FUCK THE STUPID LAB.
Maybe you should follow your own instructions and not make uninformed statements of the opinions of the guy whose thread you're posting in.

I see. So because it is difficult for that fellow (and I'm sure you could find others) that must mean that Gibbousmoon, The_Reporter, many others, and I are all lying?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info