Community Translators Needed

"
dhpprivate wrote:
I mean, what would an "Orb of Alteration" be in German? You could translate it with "Verändernde Kugel" but alas, the word "Kugel" is misplaced in this context. "Sphäre"? Would work. But even the prefix and suffix mods would require a lot of creativity to translate. This is incredibly difficult to master and the translation process will likely take very long.

translators probably don't start from scratch and there won't be only one translator for a language.

eventually, the community will take care of the right translations for key words like "orbs" and stuff :)

personally, i don't think it's not neccessary to translate names and keywords at all:

f.e. there is no equivalent german word for "orbs".

many germans will play alongside each other using different language versions. a translation must make sure they speak about the same topics when discussing ingame issues.

for example: if i want to help a player like: "you have to bring the medicine chest to nessa" it's not helpful if she is called "olga" in russian or "maria" in german.

"
Cowboy28 wrote:
So maybe all the questions "When will it com in German, when will it come in German, when will..." stop soon... :-P

Mal sehen, wann 'soon' sein wird... die Anfrage klingt erstmal nicht nach 'übermorgen' :D Ob sie es bis 3.0 hinbekommen??

"
Cowboy28 wrote:
Always thought that this translations are nearly final, or have you stopped working on it?

Diesen Gedanken hatte ich auch; es scheint wieder mehr zu tun zu geben... vermutlich/hoffentlich vor allem 'nur' bezüglich der letzten Erweiterungen - das Statement "fast fertig" ist ja inzwischen auch schon wieder eine ganze Weile her.

Es wäre interessant zu erfahren, wie viele 'ernsthafte' Rückmeldungen es je Sprache gibt, und wieviele tatsächlich geeignete Mitwirker am Ende beteiligt sein werden. Grundsätzlich finde ich die Idee gut, Community und kommerzielle Professionalität auf diese Weise zu verbinden.

"
Cowboy28 wrote:
And the translators don´t only have to translate the actual content, they will have to translate future content, too... So it makes sense to get this people over a long time in the GGG team.

Ist natürlich ein Vorteil, aber ich denke der Aufwand wird - insbesondere nach 3.0 - deutlich geringer sein. Und ein guter Übersetzer kann (muss!) sich auch an einen bereits vorhandenen Kontext und Stil anpassen können und damit ggf. auch die Arbeit anderer adäquat fortsetzen.

"
Cowboy28 wrote:
I will continue to play it in English, but I surely will have a close look at the German version. ;-)

Wenn es tatsächlich ein einfaches Umschalten beim Start ist, kann man ja mal einen Blick 'riskieren' ;)
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
If u need an Italian Translator pls keep me in mind! i have travel extensvly , lived in Autralia for 1 year and abroad, mainly in UK and USA. I love this game :D hope i can help.
GGG
"
eviL_Bison wrote:
I like the idea of asking the community for help. I appreciate this.

"
widardd wrote:
"
Kazanian wrote:
wow, just yesterday i was talking about how i'd love to have a version in my native language (german). and now this. :D

Zu..viel Gerümpel!

I won't touch that translation with a stick. ;)

Verbannte... pah!

You didn't write "Exilanten", plz let them hire you ;)
E-mailed Chris already. German translations I can help with for sure.
I know English very well but i will be insane happy if you will be planing a Polish translation ^^

But still gg GGG i love you wery much ;*
me me me
i got all the time in the world
i quit my life
hire me
Aow, regarding time investment, the requirements are too high for me. I can spare a hour here and there, but not everyday. And not several.
Weekend rush isn't a problem if planned soon enough, like a week ahead.
However, I didn't play all aspects of the game : no Atziri or Uber Atziri. Didn't reach the Shaper (yet ?), and didn't land foot on T14+ maps. Still missing some unique maps too.

Too bad, because I really want the game translated in French (for friends), and I consider I have some interesting skills in english (955 on TOEIC in october 2015). I may be not that good in spoken english, but that's not the most important part, is it ?

Still, the time requirements is a no-go. I barely have time to play PoE.
Maybe I can do the checking, I'm excellent in french spelling and grammar.
Working on my application as we speak, hope I get some love from the French Community !

J'suis en train d'écrire ma lettre de candidature, si vous souhaitez me soutenir, postez ici, merci !!!
Cant wait to play my Klingenwirbel Attentäter :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info