Community Translators Needed

+1 for Palikao
If you need someone to have a second look at the Chinese translation, I can be of some help.

I can't spend a few hours per day. However, I can spend a few hours on weekend. :)
"
dhpprivate wrote:
There is a very significant amount of creativity involved in translation for this game. You cannot go there and just start translating text samples. I mean, what would an "Orb of Alteration" be in German? You could translate it with "Verändernde Kugel" but alas, the word "Kugel" is misplaced in this context. "Sphäre"? Would work. But even the prefix and suffix mods would require a lot of creativity to translate. This is incredibly difficult to master and the translation process will likely take very long.

Of course it'll need creativity - to keep the context, meaning, differencing between similar aspects; and of course to not turn a two-word sequence into a half page of textwall ^^ - but there's also a lot of things that work similar if you've found a start (currencies as the best example)

Its easily possible to keep it named as "Orbs", like "Orb der Veränderung" for your example. Or if not needed in another context, currencies could also named as "Stein(e)". Especially as once stated to be "nearly finished" with the translations, all this (more or less generic) stuff should already be solved and done.
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
"
Palikao12 wrote:
Working on my application as we speak, hope I get some love from the French Community !

J'suis en train d'écrire ma lettre de candidature, si vous souhaitez me soutenir, postez ici, merci !!!

I don't know about the French community, but you got mine !
And tbh that's more important.
+1 on this one.
Czech language needed :D
Alleluia !
http://www.path-of-exile.fr/
"
Palikao12 wrote:
Working on my application as we speak, hope I get some love from the French Community !

J'suis en train d'écrire ma lettre de candidature, si vous souhaitez me soutenir, postez ici, merci !!!
"
+1
"
Palikao12 wrote:

+1 for Palikao

Translating stuff is really a tough procedure. I personally almost always dislike german translations in games (or movies/series). They just seem wrong most of the time. In school I've always been bad at this, too. Finding the most fitting expressions isn't an easy thing to do. I really hope you find someone really good for each of the languages. I'd love to do it if I was qualified. I didn't even do all the content! Well, anyway, good luck finding the best of the best. Time to run some SSF maps while drinking coffee :P
Hey, hey! It's the Postal Dude! Get him!
Applied aswell, i would love to translate this awesome game into meine Muttersprache , ich denke das würde sicherlich einigen Leuten helfen.Dann gibt es auch "Rollen der Weisheit" ^^

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info