Community Translators Needed

French native, with spare time, and a published english scientific paper, and tons of hours into Path of Exile.

I'm preparing my application right now! I really hope I have a shot, it would be great!
Last edited by EnafAequi on Mar 15, 2017, 3:45:00 AM
Japanese gamer like to play ARPG, but many of them face to English problem. Some volunteer help them in Japanese wiki, but the information tends to be little and outdated. Japanese translation will help them and I can assist the translation.
Hi , i can help you for free in french translation...it's my native language and i have some free time ^^.

Bonjour , je peut vous aider bénévolement pour la traduction en français , c'est ma langue maternelle , et j'ai du temps libre en ce moment ^^ .
Hey, I'm from Chile and I have a friend that have played POE hardcordly getting all the challenges of all the expantions since he started played. He is a teacher of English and also we have Spanish as native Language. I think that he as the good player as he is,playing more than 10 hours a day, and the excelent Teacher of English he would be a great addition to your translators working team. If you contact him from facebook I think that would be a great and wonderful surprise, here is its facebook https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100005789898690

Hope you do the best for your game, and that is calling him for translate the game he loves and also being one of the best Teacher of English I have ever meet.
Last edited by salgadoreyes on Mar 15, 2017, 4:03:18 AM
There is a very significant amount of creativity involved in translation for this game. You cannot go there and just start translating text samples. I mean, what would an "Orb of Alteration" be in German? You could translate it with "Verändernde Kugel" but alas, the word "Kugel" is misplaced in this context. "Sphäre"? Would work. But even the prefix and suffix mods would require a lot of creativity to translate. This is incredibly difficult to master and the translation process will likely take very long.
Life before death.
"
Geddomino wrote:
Hi , i can help you for free in french translation...it's my native language and i have some free time ^^.

Bonjour , je peut vous aider bénévolement pour la traduction en français , c'est ma langue maternelle , et j'ai du temps libre en ce moment ^^ .

This is a very bad beginning.
Last edited by AsbelFar on Mar 15, 2017, 4:14:27 AM
That sounds awesome.

I'd love to be part of this project and being an English teacher in Germany might even qualify me, but I don't have any time at all for this :(

Hopefully you'll find some dedicated and creative people to geht this thing going :)
"
Well, I'd like to apply to translate Path of Exile to French. I'm living in the area of Montreal, Quebec, Canada. who do I contact to apply for translation of game content?

"Please email chris@grindinggear.com if you meet the following criteria"

Well some ppl won't be efficient if they can't even identify a key information
I'd love to help with translating to german and would probably be able to check the boxes. The time thing is impossible though. If "hours a day" would be "hours a month" I might get that in line with working full time, sanifying my house and being a father of two ...

Please don't translate (magic and rare) item names though. The german version of this part of Diablo is so terrible! Almost every single one of the thousands of combinations of "abc blablabla of xyz" sound so wrong ...
Last edited by Bratwurstsalat on Mar 15, 2017, 4:29:17 AM
I would love to work in the spanish translation, but i really hope they keep the items name in English, some would sound really funny in spanish and i think the trading with no-spanish players will be harder

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info