Community Translators Needed

"
LMTR14 wrote:
did anybody actually get an answer from Wilson? I mean it seemed very weird the applications would have to be sent to him personally in the first place...

and yes, I sent it in the first 24 hours. just want a confirmation that my email was at least read.

I doubt that they will answer everyone, no company has the time to reply to 500 people! They will just skim through the applications and then sort after qualification. The first people they contact will be in tier 1, those with language degree´s or bilingual qualification. Only if said tier doesn´t lead to someone, then the next best are contacted.

These jobs also require that you can meet deadlines, so a minimum age is required too, as a company can´t afford to hear "but my mom did not let me translate until 3 AM on Monday morning".

Throughout the years, I have done many of these jobs (I am bilingual), and it is not uncommon to get an instant reply with a first test job, if you are a possible candidate for the job, that is.
If you hear nothing, then you are just not interesting for said company or just in a later tier of applicants.

I wish everyone good luck, I am looking forward to the community managers position (German) once available! ;)
"
sadyzn wrote:
"
imLuCaSsS wrote:
You should have contrated me to work on Brazilian translations, as well on brazilian pathofexile website.

It is incredible stupid the guy that is working on poe-brazil-website-translations. He probably use google translator and the result is just a fucking joke. xD

Mjolnir and all other Maces of the game still being called in poe-br as "Maças" what means "apple" to us. I have no fucking idea who's the retarded translating this game to portuguese.

A correct word would be "Porrete". I can't count all bad translations poe have to pt-br. If I was a new translator I would delete everything and start from the beginning. Really.

Not sure if you're trolling or you're just stupid.
You would be a great translator to begin with, like "contrated" is that even a word? "porrete"? Really?
Please, DO NEVER APPLY to any translation job, do yourself a favor.
I am from Brazil, and believe me the translation is pretty good.

ok vai la "maça de duas mãos" haueheuaehuahe
brasileiro tdo retardado mesmo, deve votar no lula kkkkkk
terra de analfabeto q mal falam o portugues qualquer tradução meia boca serve ne ahuaeuhuaeh
discutir com eleitor do lula em fórum de game online não vai dar eahuaeuhuaehu flw
My end, it justifies my means,
All I ever do is delay,
My every attempt to evade,
The end of the road
And my end....
Last edited by imLuCaSsS on Mar 20, 2017, 1:47:01 PM
"
Ygidua wrote:
"
LMTR14 wrote:
did anybody actually get an answer from Wilson? I mean it seemed very weird the applications would have to be sent to him personally in the first place...

and yes, I sent it in the first 24 hours. just want a confirmation that my email was at least read.

I doubt that they will answer everyone, no company has the time to reply to 500 people! They will just skim through the applications and then sort after qualification. The first people they contact will be in tier 1, those with language degree´s or bilingual qualification. Only if said tier doesn´t lead to someone, then the next best are contacted.

These jobs also require that you can meet deadlines, so a minimum age is required too, as a company can´t afford to hear "but my mom did not let me translate until 3 AM on Monday morning".

Throughout the years, I have done many of these jobs (I am bilingual), and it is not uncommon to get an instant reply with a first test job, if you are a possible candidate for the job, that is.
If you hear nothing, then you are just not interesting for said company or just in a later tier of applicants.

I wish everyone good luck, I am looking forward to the community managers position (German) once available! ;)

but there weren't any specifications given for how to submit the application!!! which means THEY HAVE TO READ IT in order to analyse the data. just an example for the typical ggg incompetence really. in my job my role is to simplify such processes and automate as much as possible. ironic, isn't it?

they probably went "first come, first serve" - and that is the quality of the translation they are going to get! I mean that is certainly how the game design staff was hired! "live in NZ? you got the job!"

wilson probably stopped reading as soon as I openly declared I wasn't a fanboy! LOL

PS: if you become community manager, do send me a pm... I have done both beta testing and translating before - and I'm willing to do it for free, too ;-)
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
Last edited by LMTR14 on Mar 20, 2017, 2:47:41 PM
Still waiting for an answer myself.:/
Well, Chris' time is both valuable and limited, so I guess it might take some time.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
How's the status of the German translation?
How's the status of the German and French translation?

PLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS GGG
twitch.tv/wuchtigg
Last edited by CGNGlen on Jan 7, 2021, 11:02:56 PM
"
I am fast, I am cheap, I am effective.

Same for me. I had translated some TES Overhauls / Linux Help Pages to German. So give us a chance. Don't say NO.
The Way to Hell is paved with good intensions.
i can translate in italian language,
If you ever need a Vietnamese translator, let me know.
24.1.2018 [quote="Dro28"]wheres my fragment tab?[/quote]

(I thought that was a joke)

25.1.2018: GGG- Introducing the Fragment Stash Tab!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info