Community Translators Needed

"
Cowboy28 wrote:
As far as I know in Poland a lot of people can talk English and/or Russian, this are the available options at the moment for you.
I'd strongly advice against Russian translation. Believe me, it is horrible. Even if you don't know English, play English version.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
GGG! 我希望可以在 國際版本新增 繁體中文語系~~!! (希望啦 :D
"
silumit wrote:
I'd strongly advice against Russian translation. Believe me, it is horrible. Even if you don't know English, play English version.

Agreed! And I hope game will never get russian audio XD it's always horrible (even if I'm russian)
Native German here, I will gladly offer my help in the translation to German. Please feel free to contact me (also ingame) if you need any help. :)
Damn, i missed it :( I hope it will be open again so i'll be able to send a mail :)
I was thinking about sending a mail one of those days to offer my help with french translation as i had free time (work ended), so if there is anyway to help let me know please !

And well, if you need any help for french translation, pm me on the site ^^
español por fin :)
500 applications in a day, wow... PoE is taking over the world xD
So how will we know who has been chosen?
Is there a way to get the available dialogue in its original form as a textfile or something? This would easen up the translation by a lot IF it will be done by the community as a whole.
Native spanish speaker here, while my english is not that great, its enough to get me arround, but im going to tell you something from personal experience and what i hear from many friends i have, DO NOT TRANSLATE NAMES! people and places names i mean. There is a reason why i and some friends never use translations, many suck, and when they translate names is even worse.
I know what im saying, cause i play World of Warcraft since it came out and the moment they dropped the translated version i tried it once and never touched it again, you dont know how cringe worthy is to hear some names like Varok Saurfang translated to spanish, or Sylvanas Windrunner, i dont know what kind of monkeys they have translating the game, but one is a literal translation as it can get and the other doesnt even make sense. (for those that want to know, Saurfang = Colmillosaurio and Windrunner = Brisaveloz)

Now that i made my point about name, for spanish i would recomend that you make 2 versions, one latin american and a spain one, or only one but as neutral as possible.

If you read this please consider it and sorry about that wall of text and any english fails, its my third language.

TL/DR: DO NOT TRANSLATE PLACES/PEOPLES NAMES!!! IT SUCKS!! and make a neutral spanish version or a spain and latam versions.

Signed: Krazeron

Lok'tar ogar! Long live to the true Warchief of the Horde High Overlord Varok Saurfang!!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info