How is ssf going for u guys/girls? ^^

"
Boem wrote:
Kek accidentally sold an axe.

Used high ES Vaal Regalia to kill Izzy on good farming day (no chaos damage there). Sold Solaris Lorica with other 6s by accident. My only Solaris Lorica. Farming and chancing Copper Plates like a mad man now, dying a lot to chaos too of course. Idiot, I am.
Found second Blackheart finally at aleast so will do the prophecy...on my other character.

Back to farming indeed!
Map drops seems very nice though!
I AM MAD
ZAP!ZAP!ZAP! ME SOOO WIZZARD!
Last edited by gathor on Apr 21, 2017, 1:38:22 PM
"
Zrevnur wrote:

How useful are chain/pierce? What I mean here: Is chain or pierce better? Because I can get either one from Ascendancy. I know (past experience) that pierce is better than no pierce with CA. But I dont know (yet) how the chain works in practice. Can probably experiment with 'Roth' bow to find out though. No Divine + 10x Regret cost - unlike the previous question...

I find Pierce to be better than Chain for CA.

Since, unless you have a really high amount of Chain, you're usually just going to be chaining the first few dudes in a pack and so concentrating all the clouds in a similar area.

Meanwhile, Pierce lets you proc the clouds throughout a pack, getting better coverage.

Bearing in mind, either way with CA you will have to target well since the projectile does detonate upon reaching where you click (Can feel pretty janky if you're used to other bow attacks that will continue on their trajectory. Means you have to target behind a pack to Pierce them for example, rather than being able to click in its general direction)
edit: Forums ate my post.

For clearing with CA, pierce is vastly better than chain, because CA triggers on every mob it pierces through. Chain only goes into the next mob after it hits its target. I'd still not take the ascendency for that, because it is not 100% pierce.

You'd want a drillneck down the line, meaning that is bad with far shot. Pierce is a nice support gem for CA either way, because it is more damage without a downside.

I'd personally take x2 minor nodes for my last ascendency for 20% proj damage, or Rupture for reduced bleed damage while moving.

Arrow return doesnt really work, with CA, because your arrows 'splode where you point your cursor, meaning there is nothing to return.
Last edited by Cataca on Apr 21, 2017, 1:50:56 PM
First one finally
It's not too difficult.
"
Tarille wrote:
I find Pierce to be better than Chain for CA.

"
Cataca wrote:
For clearing with CA, pierce is vastly better than chain

Just tested: Agree, Pierce is best by far. Only used Ascendancy, no other source of Pierce.

Chain works and is very good if there are ~2 mobs around. But vs group it does "nothing".

Return (Tora craft, no Pierce in test) is good too. It targets player position and creates a cloud there - in addition to the cloud at the hit mob. (Needs to hit mob first not ground.)

And obviously I managed to craft a +3 bow with "no" use of currency - especially no exalts - in perm HC where I tested:

Whereas I spent lots of currency on these - not sure yet which (of the +2) bow to continue with:
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
Gear :
Spoiler

I got 1 Exalt, 2 Divine, 1 ancient reliquary key

I got two maps T11 (Torture Chamber and Bazar). But now, i can't continue. Since 3 weeks i did not get another T11+ maps. I run T9 and T10 maps over and over again, i used all my chisel !

SFF league is good, but red Maps drop sucks !
I think T11+ maps don't exist this league.
Last edited by RonY_Warrior on Apr 21, 2017, 4:40:53 PM

~100 fuse missing
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
Today, I got bored with my game's lack of explosions.

So I rolled an EA character.

Had some good luck as well, Norm and Cruel Lab went smoothly and I got a couple of actually nice enchants to boot! (Fire off projectiles that leave chilled ground when hit on gloves and untyped life and mana leech after a kill on boots)

Got a fairly decent set up going too, using 2x Fire Totems with Rain of Splinters jewel for general mobbing (Got lucky and had CadiBro sell me that jewel like 5 minutes after I thought "Man, the AoE on these totems kind of sucks")

With a tasty Conc + Chance for Ignite + Less Duration + Fire Pen Explosive Arrow for nuking down tough dudes. Also got an Increased Burning Damage gem leveling up while I wait for a 6L.

But now in Merc... Gonna have to think about where I'm gonna get my resists from...

Since my amulet is Chayula so is indispensable. Rings are Heup's which I'm not too fond of replacing (17% and 19% all resists alongside some global damage is tasty...). Chest is my 5L so unless I can 5L my Quillrain that's out of the question.

Boots and Gloves not only have dope enchants on, but are giving a bunch of Projectile damage too (Winds of Change and Brinerot Whalers)

So yeah... Basically just my hat... I guess I'm gonna have to go hard for that 5L Quillrain to open up my chest (Would also be nice to swap from my current EV chest into an ES one... 2k ES is not the most comfortable feeling in Merc... Though Totems help). Maybe if I find a decent belt base too I can replace Ascent From Flesh (Though Crystal Belt is 79+... Meh)

On the other hand... I could just run circles around my Totems for days... Seems to be working so far, as long as I avoid Breach and Beyond...

Meh... Stupid resists :/

Dropped today, looked up roll tiers, decided to divine and got +14ES and -5% fire res. can still craft int/res. Im holding the urge to yolo exalt once to see what I can get. sick drop :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info