How is ssf going for u guys/girls? ^^

"
RonY_Warrior wrote:
Gear :
Spoiler

I got 1 Exalt, 2 Divine, 1 ancient reliquary key

I got two maps T11 (Torture Chamber and Bazar). But now, i can't continue. Since 3 weeks i did not get another T11+ maps. I run T9 and T10 maps over and over again, i used all my chisel !

SFF league is good, but red Maps drop sucks !
I think T11+ maps don't exist this league.

hey, I had pretty easy time with maps so far. got lots of tier 11-12 and a decent amount of tier 13-14-15 maps. Maybe im just lucky but I think I can throw some tips your way.

dont worry about chiseling anything below T10, and once you get decent amount of red maps chisel only red maps. You should alc any tier 6+ map obvoiusly.

pick up any map and any white gavel you come across (lootfilter should highlight those gavels). 20% quality gavel + any map = 1 chisel (you probably already know that but just in case).

shape maps that have have good layouts and have white maps close to them on the atlas. Pit map is a great map to shape, made a lot of profit from that map.
Shore is also a great map to shape. good layouts and multiple maps on atlas that could boost your shore map with sextants.
if you get really lucky, you will get a zana mod on yellow map near a shaped red map. happened to me with shaped Coves(t14). I waited till I got 3 of those and started running them.

buy all the high tier maps zana has to offer every day (level her asap obviously).

Most important tip imo: get a good amount of tier 10 maps before starting doing them. chain tier 7-8-9 maps until you get at least 10-15 tier 10 maps. move on to the next tier and repeat (chain 8-9-10 maps until you get a good amount of tier 11 maps)
this is what I did, I ran a shit ton of tier 9-10 maps before touching a t11 map.

Hope that helps :)
Last edited by golan4840 on Apr 21, 2017, 6:56:22 PM

Some finds on my pizza totems hybrid inquisitor (no MoM, 2.5K life + 2.5K ES, character info open). Casual player, about 8-10 hours a week. Currently using this character to farm for currency and random uniques. Legacy blazon and goldwyrm seem to really help with currency and seven-jeweler-drops.

Need advice: my character can't reliably survive higher than tier 1-5 maps; seems to be squishy due to being hybrid (chaos dmg goes through ES, 2 flasks = less offense = less survivability, etc). I could try going CI, but I don't have any good ES chests (and when I find one, I'll still need to 6S and 5L), the only anti-stun I have is Kaom's Roots from Throne card, and for anti-freeze I have only flasks. The game also gave me four (!) Soul Mantles, but curses are too big of a hassle to manage (didn't find any Kikazaru rings, so the only thing possible is juggling warding flasks and spending lots of points on curse mitigation).
What are the options to improve the build to push into yellow and (hopefully) red maps?

Also I'm playing on my laptop and due to a shitty ISP I'm forced to use lockstep to avoid random disconnects, so lag also seems to be a problem (especially with beyonders, spawning biggest ones sometimes yields a ~3-4sec lag spike, after which I'm usually dead).
So, the second question - are there any choices for a tanky laptop-friendly, lockstep-friendly, lag-friendly build? Preferably with high clearspeed as well :P
Definitely leveling off at the Tier 8-10 maps. I have Torture Chambers completed, but I'm just holding ground in 8-10. No higher maps dropping. I've got a free weekend, so I should get some real play time in.
"
Cyse wrote:
It's not too difficult.

Not to me. Since i play PoE, and this is like from when Act 3 was ended on doors to Solaris Temple, i dropped like 5 of them, most of them in last league.

So talking about "difficult" when comes absolute random mechanics is not acurate description.

"
golan4840 wrote:

Dropped today, looked up roll tiers, decided to divine and got +14ES and -5% fire res. can still craft int/res. Im holding the urge to yolo exalt once to see what I can get. sick drop :)

Nice one, i could use that.

Currently alching them like crazy, also chancing Vaal Regalia and Soc Boots. Any more sugesstions?
I made a few characters in this ssf hc legacy league, though I recently died with my last one (lvl 90 necromancer :'(), I must say SSF before the league felt a little pointless because there was no incentive, I would normally ssf until I start mapping to which I would open up trade and get very respectable gear with ~5 chaos orbs or so, until i get the super end game gear. It was conveniant. Intentionally handicapping myself against other players by not opening up trade in any hc league felt pointless.

But now that there's a league, SSF teaches you how to improvise, and respect the value of all kinds of currency, adapting your character (or your second character) based on the loot you find. There really is a lot of things in ssf that the normal non ssf game which I've played for years that you would never even think of, things like the value of even chromatic orbs is something I never cared for in non ssf. it's so easy to trade any currency for any other currency for the ratio that you want for example.

Finding good gear that wasn't for your character would be auto-pilot for me to place in my shop tab for whatever currency it would be worth for in the current market. In ssf, you start thinking about possible builds you can make with a new alt character, how to level it, etc. And that to me is a lot more fun.

I still enjoy the normal hardcore leagues though, and I always try to tell myself "Don't do it" when I'm so tempted to just switch to normal hardcore legacy and buy gear that would turn my character into something close to invincible. If I had converted, I would've probably still been alive since I remember so well how I lost my 90 necromancer a few weeks ago :'(, and better gear would've saved me, at least for that particular death. But for what it's worth, as long as there is a league around, I'll keep ssfing hardcore over normal hardcore (most of the time).

"
incide wrote:
Spoiler

Some finds on my pizza totems hybrid inquisitor (no MoM, 2.5K life + 2.5K ES, character info open). Casual player, about 8-10 hours a week. Currently using this character to farm for currency and random uniques. Legacy blazon and goldwyrm seem to really help with currency and seven-jeweler-drops.

Need advice: my character can't reliably survive higher than tier 1-5 maps; seems to be squishy due to being hybrid (chaos dmg goes through ES, 2 flasks = less offense = less survivability, etc). I could try going CI, but I don't have any good ES chests (and when I find one, I'll still need to 6S and 5L), the only anti-stun I have is Kaom's Roots from Throne card, and for anti-freeze I have only flasks. The game also gave me four (!) Soul Mantles, but curses are too big of a hassle to manage (didn't find any Kikazaru rings, so the only thing possible is juggling warding flasks and spending lots of points on curse mitigation).
What are the options to improve the build to push into yellow and (hopefully) red maps?

Also I'm playing on my laptop and due to a shitty ISP I'm forced to use lockstep to avoid random disconnects, so lag also seems to be a problem (especially with beyonders, spawning biggest ones sometimes yields a ~3-4sec lag spike, after which I'm usually dead).
So, the second question - are there any choices for a tanky laptop-friendly, lockstep-friendly, lag-friendly build? Preferably with high clearspeed as well :P

For better odds at surviving lag spikes in low/mid tier maps:

Stone Golem instead of Lightning Golem. Maybe use one other minion (Spectre or AG) too. The more distraction the less you will be the target. You need "Minion Life Regeneration" and may have to link with ML + MTR + Fortify.

With Evasion (Grace, %% on tree) and Armour (shield, gear, %% on tree) and some block you can build much more tanky. Get Endurance charges and keep them up. Maybe remove cwdt-IC then. Get cwdt-Vortex and/or cwdt-Arctic_Breath-GMP.

Weak ES sponge is like the worst possible defensive build choice vs lag spikes. Life/armour/evasion/block or Life/MoM/armour/evasion/block are much sturdier. ES sponge builds need a high pool and strong recovery to function.
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
Ayyy
I AM MAD
ZAP!ZAP!ZAP! ME SOOO WIZZARD!
One of my builds I am going to put down as a failure as it is too item dependant,based on Kitava's thirst you kinda need something to increase mana consumption to get the most out of it.I wouldn't say avoid this build though,you can put it on the backburner till you get something to complement it(I keep vaaling cobalt jewels hoping for fevered mind).

On the otherhand I decided to revisit Frostblades especially since I have this
and two 'Flight for survival' jewels.It feels like my most powerful FB build so far offence wise,the defence is pretty poor at the moment and becomes noticeable when fighting bosses.
"

ES is not a suitable replacement for life, and going hybrid usually means you still take as much life as possible, and have ES in addition instead of armour or evasion. For example, I have 5.6 k life and about 2k ES as additional buffer on my necro witch, that's quite comfortable.

Necromancer with zombies and spectres is the most lag-friendly build I know, even if that sounds counter-intuitive at first because so much is going on on the screen. But I had situations with bad lag where I had 10 seconds of frozen screen, and afterwards I was still alive - thanks to convocation on CWDT. Doesn't work with SRS, though.
Last edited by Ehiin on Apr 22, 2017, 9:24:47 AM
"

Most important tip imo: get a good amount of tier 10 maps before starting doing them. chain tier 7-8-9 maps until you get at least 10-15 tier 10 maps. move on to the next tier and repeat (chain 8-9-10 maps until you get a good amount of tier 11 maps)
this is what I did, I ran a shit ton of tier 9-10 maps before touching a t11 map.

I read this all the time, and I absolutely don't see the reason for it. Why wait to run a new map? I need to unlock it a) to get the atlas bonus and b) to get the opportunity to have it dropped again from other than adjacent maps.

So no, I wouldn't wait and gather bunches of higher tier maps before I run them. it's not that chaining maps of a certain tier (range) does anything to your drop chances.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info