How is ssf going for u guys/girls? ^^

Dropped today. Now jews and fuse. I think it will take a while before i could use it. Or maby im wrong and it will be fast?
"
incide wrote:

Need advice: my character can't reliably survive higher than tier 1-5 maps; seems to be squishy due to being hybrid (chaos dmg goes through ES, 2 flasks = less offense = less survivability, etc). I could try going CI, but I don't have any good ES chests (and when I find one, I'll still need to 6S and 5L), the only anti-stun I have is Kaom's Roots from Throne card, and for anti-freeze I have only flasks. The game also gave me four (!) Soul Mantles, but curses are too big of a hassle to manage (didn't find any Kikazaru rings, so the only thing possible is juggling warding flasks and spending lots of points on curse mitigation).
What are the options to improve the build to push into yellow and (hopefully) red maps?

Also I'm playing on my laptop and due to a shitty ISP I'm forced to use lockstep to avoid random disconnects, so lag also seems to be a problem (especially with beyonders, spawning biggest ones sometimes yields a ~3-4sec lag spike, after which I'm usually dead).
So, the second question - are there any choices for a tanky laptop-friendly, lockstep-friendly, lag-friendly build? Preferably with high clearspeed as well :P

I think you are seriously underestimating how good of an CI item kaoms roots are. They prevent chill/freeze/stun/temp chains.

If you use lightning warp as a movement skill, it'll solve all the quirky stuff you otherwise'd have to deal with. I think its a pretty awesome item. The main reason i am not using it on my FB elementalist (and i'd love to) is because i have no way to get vaal discipline and warlocks mark blasphemy in my build otherwise. And i really need the sustain.

So unless i get a 6th link in my chest for LL, i am stuck with stun passives and the like.

The main issue in gearing for CI is that you need access to ilvl 75, then just alt until you have the highest tier flat ES, then regal, then mastercraft. That is going to give you your mediocre ES gear, good enough to get some 7k ES without too much trouble, even if you have horrendous luck regaling (like me).

The best DC proof build would be some Gladiator with health on block items/cirgils crank occultist or something. They both have quite high gear requirements though. Wouldnt reccomend doing anything like that unless you have all of the required items.
I finally reached 90. SSF leveling is slow obviously because you can't trade for higher tier maps. T8 and mainly T10's is what I got to work with. I do have T11's and a T12 but so few. It might be the only time global/trade820 shines to level up Zana and the Atlas.

I can say progressing through difficulties was not different at all with standard. Currency, rare drops and in the end, even all the Ascendancy trials popped one after another. Crafting is the deal breaker though. 5/6 linking or luck in 6S drops or 5/6Linked ones is extremely crucial. I still don't have a 6L, but the 5L staff I crafted made things a whole lot easier. Empower gem dropped too late for me to become useful too.

After experiencing SSF, trading feels like almost cheating. I used to love opening stores, buying and selling like there is no tomorrow. And that aspect of the game is something I did not miss at all. SSF is just pure bliss challenging yourself with what RNG gives you, and I think I'm was pretty lucky on my first try. I thank GGG for making SSF official on a "farewell" league too before 3.0 hits. I really enjoyed it event hough there are times that I got bored and took a break. I'm not sure why but "maybe" because the giveaway this league isn't something to get excited for unlike the previous one (",).

After a few more decent drops, I might even try making another toon.
just found these in the last hour and WOWWWWW

The gull is INSANELY fun, maybe not as OP as HH but sure another level of enjoyment (my only critique is the lesser shrines are a pain in the a$$ to click for some reason)
I got a fever and the only prescription, is more cowbell!
Last edited by D3izhistory on Apr 22, 2017, 7:51:15 PM
"
Zrevnur wrote:
"
Tarille wrote:
I find Pierce to be better than Chain for CA.

"
Cataca wrote:
For clearing with CA, pierce is vastly better than chain

Just tested: Agree, Pierce is best by far. Only used Ascendancy, no other source of Pierce.

Chain works and is very good if there are ~2 mobs around. But vs group it does "nothing".

Return (Tora craft, no Pierce in test) is good too. It targets player position and creates a cloud there - in addition to the cloud at the hit mob. (Needs to hit mob first not ground.)

And obviously I managed to craft a +3 bow with "no" use of currency - especially no exalts - in perm HC where I tested:

Whereas I spent lots of currency on these - not sure yet which (of the +2) bow to continue with:

continue with the third one, craft "cannot roll attack mods" from catarina then exalt. you have two suffixes so its an easy +3. theres a good chance youd get unlucky with the other.
"
Cyse wrote:
It's not too difficult.

Thats some serious no lifeing or full lifeing depending on your POV. haha I dont think I found 12ex in 3 years of playing this game. Maybe about 12. 1ex SSF so far lvl 90 which is better than usual. I made 90 some 3 league in a row and didnt find one whole time.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Apr 22, 2017, 11:08:15 PM
playing a CA champion and having a blast. its pretty nice not having to worry about trading, and the effects make playing in a party difficult for me. (not the lag so much but hard to see whats going on) trying to figure out what build to play next. heres some stuff:
Last edited by awave on Apr 22, 2017, 11:32:36 PM
"
awave wrote:
playing a CA champion and having a blast. its pretty nice not having to worry about trading, and the effects make playing in a party difficult for me. (not the lag so much but hard to see whats going on) trying to figure out what build to play next. heres some stuff:

I would go low life rf for sure. Rotp and shavs with decent rares should work.

Btw im looking for people to do leo daily quests with. please add me so we can help eachother :)

WarMachineSSF
Damn always seem to fall back on a Frostblades build it is too fun

Using these

plus a pair of

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Fight_for_Survival

Still wearing Tabula ,makes me a bit glass cannon but got max res despite it.I do have a 2nd Belly I am trying to 6L(already have on my Spectral throw Gladiator).Southbound are fun but at times a bit dangerous as I can't always freeze bosses so I just remove for the coup de grace.I like the effect they have on Herald of ice though as it guarantees it procing its effect more.Ewar's Mirage is surprisingly effect despite not having top speed it still beats a well rolled rare for this build the free chain is too good to give up.I'm not sure Touch of Anguish claws would be any better since their downsides cancel out the gains over EM.
So gathering chaos to put enchants on those:

Alos finally 5 socks on regalia, now linking:

But sometimes i think that RNGesus wants me to do summoner:

Shame i hate them.
Last edited by de99ial on Apr 23, 2017, 4:30:35 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info