[2.6] Zombie summoner - 6 Big Zombies

Decided to take advantage of Severed in sleep so this is what I'm currently rolling with as I save up for Shavs and swap to LL build. Pretty damn tanky but already I can see the zombies starting to do not as much as the SRS.

Spoiler
"
allana wrote:

I am not so sure that iron will affects the spectres though. I haven't tested myself yet so cannot verify either way, but I saw it mentioned here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1852838/page/2

I have tested 1 Flame Sentinel spectre with no support and 1 with Iron Will vs Haildrake and I see him die significantly faster. Thus, I can pretty much assure that it does work.
"
Pancakezx wrote:
Decided to take advantage of Severed in sleep so this is what I'm currently rolling with as I save up for Shavs and swap to LL build. Pretty damn tanky but already I can see the zombies starting to do not as much as the SRS.

Spoiler

Nice rig. I dropped zombies completely from my lowlife because I culdn't feel the punch of them. It's probably better to just keep the builds separated. You can check my profile for 'Aidelich' to see how I did my lowlife srser in legacy. It's intact aside from the empower gem which I am swapping around.

But youm ight as well go for more offensive auras though =P
well yeah , explicitly speaking zombies are the worst minion in the game objectively and the second worst in terms of clear speed. (this is only because skeletons are technically shaper viable and zombies are not really)

if you use anything other than zombies or skeletons in a zombie build .. it is a guarantee the zombies will be overshadowed

it is all about putting considerable effort into making the zombies better rather than supplementing them with a better minion.

The number of things ggg would need to do to make zombies casually inline with other minions is pretty staggering

They would need to up their base movement speed by at-least 50%

They would probably need to up their base count without gear from 8 to 10

They would actually need to make their slam their only form of attack and redesign the violent dead jewel

and they would have to do something about their total inability to deal with shaper levels of bullet hell collateral damage. probably via a significant damage reduction (50%+)

Till then we all have to accept that we are playing a deliberately inferior version of superior builds for sake of fun and to try something new

Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Mar 16, 2017, 12:25:44 PM
Why connect Blood Magic to Raise Spectre? What is the benefit? There must be something I'm missing. I'm new to PoE. Please help :)
"
Taxi_Driver wrote:

I have tested 1 Flame Sentinel spectre with no support and 1 with Iron Will vs Haildrake and I see him die significantly faster. Thus, I can pretty much assure that it does work.

I tested it in maps, 3L with and without iron will. 258% would more than double spectres damage (even taking existing increases into account), there's no way I would have missed that.

It should be extremely visible or not at all.
Perception is reality.
"
allana wrote:
"
Edzilla wrote:

The random int nodes were for the radius requirement for Violent Dead. How do you setup your radius jewel slots?

read faq - don't need to allocate int, it just needs to exist in radius

Oh wow.. I didn't know that. lol. That's a game changer... I guess I just recently been doing radius jewels this last league before legacy. Thanks!

Side note, what are the benefits of going hybrid over pure life or pure ES(CI/LL) ? I like the idea of having a crazy EHP ontop of not needing to use an anti stun piece of jewelry. Also, would Zealot's oath be useful as a hybrid? or just stick to normal regen and not run health pots?
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
Last edited by Edzilla on Mar 16, 2017, 5:59:20 PM
"
Edzilla wrote:
"
allana wrote:
"
Edzilla wrote:

The random int nodes were for the radius requirement for Violent Dead. How do you setup your radius jewel slots?

read faq - don't need to allocate int, it just needs to exist in radius

Oh wow.. I didn't know that. lol. That's a game changer... I guess I just recently been doing radius jewels this last league before legacy. Thanks!

Side note, what are the benefits of going hybrid over pure life or pure ES(CI/LL) ? I like the idea of having a crazy EHP ontop of not needing to use an anti stun piece of jewelry. Also, would Zealot's oath be useful as a hybrid? or just stick to normal regen and not run health pots?

with the recommended chest piece geofri's sanctuary you get zealot's oath for your ES regen while your zombies leech you life for your normal lifepool, so both of them are sustained. It works really well
its a shame eb is so god damn far away because this would be an interesting test bed for the mom eb es combo
"
allana wrote:
zombies leech you life for your normal lifepool, so both of them are sustained. It works really well

Was planning on just running a yellow chest since I am not really going the death baron route and stacking a bunch of str (just the required amount for melee physical / vitality) I also need to be able to craft +1 zombies on chest since I need a attribute heavy amulet for gems.
Mess with the best, die like the rest.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info