[2.6] Zombie summoner - 6 Big Zombies

So once I get a chest piece of 6L I'm going to move my zombie to it,and I been thinking instead of stone golem I would run animate guardian in the baron helmet that said what would be the best support gems I'm thinking animate guardian-minion life-minion resistances-empower or life leech support I'm not sure.
Hey all,

Just wanted to say this build is pretty awesome. I had planned on doing a similar strength build using a Doon Cuebiyari and flameblast, but this build spoke to me when I saw The Baron. By 75 I reached 1200 str without astramentis and have only had to sink about 60c into the build (a decent amount was just getting my chest socketed and linked up). As this is my first summoner build, I'm very impressed. My only complaint would be clear speed, but that's mostly just from being spoiled by crazy fast frostbolt, vaal spark, etc. builds.

Build
Spoiler

At lvl 80, rocking 4.2khp and ~6kes with discipline on, and I don't ever feel threatened by any enemies. Goal from here on out is finding better gear, putting more points into ES (%max es from tree is ONLY 10% so far!) and getting at my first high level maps.
I'm sure that I'm doing a lot wrong, but if someone could take a look and evaluate I'd appreciate it. The character is Sumani in legacy. I haven't made the swap to dual curse yet and use SRS to direct my zombies. At this time I'm using Victario's when in party with a friend, but if I spec out I won't be able to run lvl 20 zombies (really bad brawn rolls so less than 155 Int).

I do break 1k Str without Victario's and have much better survivability, just haven't committed to my other shield yet.

So far the early game was a breeze, maps have been decent but only up to T4, and this is the first character I've ever beat Merciless Lab with solo. Just looking for tips on optimizing and trying to decide if it's better to swap from SRS now.
Hello, I love the build so far and I'm not really having trouble killing anything atm, but I have hit a snag on how I should be upgrading my gear. I don't know what pieces I should be going for, like Geofri's Sanctuary and Shaper's Touch. I don't yet have 1000 strength with the current gear that I have, and I don't know if I should get rid of my shield, for one that gives me more strength and resistances, so I can remove my gloves and go with the gear the build suggests.
I'm also having trouble leveling my gems that need dex, so I don't know if I should keep using Haste and Poison without having that amazing onyx amulet that I know I'll never get.

My gear so far:
Spoiler
"
Lohetapja wrote:
"
xb1tz wrote:
Noob question here.How do i get 6 zombies with Montreguls?

2 options

1rst get astramentis and 1200 str that will enable u to summon 6 zombies
2nd use Undying flesh amulet if u dont have money for astramentis and get 1000 str. (i did ths b4 i managed to get it)

better and cheaper option would be
for amulet,grants much more stats in the long run and only costs around 6-8c,money saved from buying that>astramentis would be better spent on better gear/gems etc.
Finally:

bought the cards for The Dragon's Heart for 40c each
"
Valkirth wrote:
"
Lohetapja wrote:
"
xb1tz wrote:

2 options

2nd use Undying flesh amulet if u dont have money for astramentis and get 1000 str. (i did ths b4 i managed to get it)

for amulet,grants much more stats in the long run and only costs around 6-8c,money saved from buying that>astramentis would be better spent on better gear/gems etc.

not really better since astramentis is realistically your primary source of dexterity in the build and if you want to use haste or vaal haste in any capacity.. well then you need the dex.

plus if you use shapers touch that is another good reason to roll a ton of raw stats on the amy
"
Valkirth wrote:
"
Lohetapja wrote:
"
xb1tz wrote:

2 options

not really better since astramentis is realistically your primary source of dexterity in the build and if you want to use haste or vaal haste in any capacity.. well then you need the dex.

plus if you use shapers touch that is another good reason to roll a ton of raw stats on the amy
The more I play this build, the more I shift myself toward a spectre-as-main-dps summoner and finally decide to throw Alberon away to opt for Bones of Ullr instead (I still hit 1k Str without Alberon). The AI is what holding zombie back. With stupid AI, zombie clear speed will always be mediocre.

Now it feels much smoother having 3 "would be 6L" Flame Sentinels shooting monsters from afar and 6 massive zombies smacking anything that dare to come close. Iron Will on spectre is approximately a 60% MORE damage gem with this setup. With just 4L on helmet, zombies still hit hard and provide great damage on bosses.

I just wish I wasn't so unlucky and can 6L my chest. Currently, even with just 4L on both zombies and spectres (and both of them below level 17 as I just gcp them both), I can still run T12 solo quite comfortably.
"
Taxi_Driver wrote:
The more I play this build, the more I shift myself toward a spectre-as-main-dps summoner and finally decide to throw Alberon away to opt for Bones of Ullr instead (I still hit 1k Str without Alberon). The AI is what holding zombie back. With stupid AI, zombie clear speed will always be mediocre.

Now it feels much smoother having 3 "would be 6L" Flame Sentinels shooting monsters from afar and 6 massive zombies smacking anything that dare to come close. Iron Will on spectre is approximately a 60% MORE damage gem with this setup. With just 4L on helmet, zombies still hit hard and provide great damage on bosses.

I just wish I wasn't so unlucky and can 6L my chest. Currently, even with just 4L on both zombies and spectres (and both of them below level 17 as I just gcp them both), I can still run T12 solo quite comfortably.

I am not so sure that iron will affects the spectres though. I haven't tested myself yet so cannot verify either way, but I saw it mentioned here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1852838/page/2

"
widardd wrote:
"

Doon Cuebiyari
- Used for its nice strength boost, but I socket Spectres in it. Which thanks to the Baron each have 1000+ strength. 1000 strength + lvl 30 iron will = like 250% increased spell damage

Are you sure this actually works? My tests suggest that, sadly, Iron Will just applies to the Raise Spectre gem, not the raised minions themselves.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info