[2.6] Zombie summoner - 6 Big Zombies

"
guillemg15 wrote:
Since it´s the first time i´ll be playing a witch what skills / items do you recomend for leveling?

I would get firestorm at level 12 and use it until you get bladefall. Probably worth speccing into some spell damage at the start until you get the build rolling. Might even be worth doing double totems for a while with a tabula rasa.

It's hard to say when zombies "come online" as thing's are gonna change a bit, but halway past cruel I usually am already playing with minions
"
DerKobold16 wrote:
Spoiler
you think its somehow possible to run Umbilicus on a life base build, esp in the start of the league i think getting one before a shavs/regalia and so on is more achieveable.

i was planning to start out life/eb/mom (cause its super cheap) grab a mon'tregul's and later respecc into ci umbilicus with a proper 6l chest.

i was also eying with dual wielding, go with a montre + Severed in Sleep(UID) and get an extra free gem slot (replacing poison with sth else) and stay life/eb/mom with a skin of the loyal but dropping the umbi for a decent belt to make up the res (planning on using a talisman and ullr for 5 zombies)

another thought i had was to skip out on zealoths oath on my life/eb/mom build to run an umbilicus and shift a handfull of points to get arround 8% total regen with vitality to be able to compensate for not running life flasks. but i think this will be extremely weak to spike dmg...

as far as i can see, if you can manage to essence craft your stuff for the minion speed and not run an umbilicus (Saltychipmunk uses a promise roar and sins) and try to shift your dmg to sth else (for example a severed in sleep(extra gem slot) + montres +2 skin of the loyal maybe?) that it could reach compareable dps to an umbilicus build.

i just dont know which route to take rly with 2.6, all i know is that i want to go with at least a mon'tregul's, the rest im not sure what would be the most efficient route to take. hybrid?eb/mom?ci?
so whats the most cost efficient route. also i dont rly plan on doing shaper. but maybe at some point uber? god i cant decide what to doooo...

Well, I can't tell you what's going to be the strongest yet - sadly we can only speculate until we actually get to test it. I don't think melee splash will be needed with mon'treguls since it already splashes so much around them. I am thinking minion and totem elemental resistance might be good since it has a more% dmg modifier baked in, and I'm trying to test if conc/area of effect affects their slam / the infernal blow. I think it might and if so, it should be helpful for poison as well.

What AI changes are happening to zombies?
"
Sherumdul wrote:

From the patch notes:
"
Raised Zombies now have a melee attack range of 9 on their basic attack, up from 4. Their slam ability is now more visible, has a 25% larger radius, and will be used more readily.

Longer range means they'll have an easier time attacking while being clumped up. This is especially helpful when you have a lot of them, so that more than just the one in the front gets to whack
"
allana wrote:
"
DerKobold16 wrote:
Spoiler
you think its somehow possible to run Umbilicus on a life base build, esp in the start of the league i think getting one before a shavs/regalia and so on is more achieveable.

i was planning to start out life/eb/mom (cause its super cheap) grab a mon'tregul's and later respecc into ci umbilicus with a proper 6l chest.

i was also eying with dual wielding, go with a montre + Severed in Sleep(UID) and get an extra free gem slot (replacing poison with sth else) and stay life/eb/mom with a skin of the loyal but dropping the umbi for a decent belt to make up the res (planning on using a talisman and ullr for 5 zombies)

another thought i had was to skip out on zealoths oath on my life/eb/mom build to run an umbilicus and shift a handfull of points to get arround 8% total regen with vitality to be able to compensate for not running life flasks. but i think this will be extremely weak to spike dmg...

as far as i can see, if you can manage to essence craft your stuff for the minion speed and not run an umbilicus (Saltychipmunk uses a promise roar and sins) and try to shift your dmg to sth else (for example a severed in sleep(extra gem slot) + montres +2 skin of the loyal maybe?) that it could reach compareable dps to an umbilicus build.

i just dont know which route to take rly with 2.6, all i know is that i want to go with at least a mon'tregul's, the rest im not sure what would be the most efficient route to take. hybrid?eb/mom?ci?
so whats the most cost efficient route. also i dont rly plan on doing shaper. but maybe at some point uber? god i cant decide what to doooo...

Well, I can't tell you what's going to be the strongest yet - sadly we can only speculate until we actually get to test it. I don't think melee splash will be needed with mon'treguls since it already splashes so much around them. I am thinking minion and totem elemental resistance might be good since it has a more% dmg modifier baked in, and I'm trying to test if conc/area of effect affects their slam / the infernal blow. I think it might and if so, it should be helpful for poison as well.

by splash you mean 2x threshold jewel? if so yeah, i could see that, will def test 2xthreshold jewel.
unfortunatly minion and totem res jewel has %more elemental damage, wont be usefull for zombies at all, i was thinking of going with knitted horrors and try out bloodlust, another multi or if you go with frenzy apes, void manip could work aswell, or for the blue socket added chaos.

€: oh you mean the explode for fire dmg, nah i never felt it did enough dmg to be honest.
Last edited by DerKobold16 on Mar 2, 2017, 10:54:33 AM
Right it was only elemental damage... yeah my bad, that won't do.

The aoe infernal blow from mon'treguls gives quite nice clearing, I don't think melee splash will be needed with it. I'd rather have something else that increases damage.

Kinda wish they would post about the slam effect, but I bet conc effect is a pretty solid link now since they'll slam more even without the jewels
"
allana wrote:
Right it was only elemental damage... yeah my bad, that won't do.

The aoe infernal blow from mon'treguls gives quite nice clearing, I don't think melee splash will be needed with it. I'd rather have something else that increases damage.

Kinda wish they would post about the slam effect, but I bet conc effect is a pretty solid link now since they'll slam more even without the jewels

true.... so much testing to do, i might aswell just skip summoner in 2.6, let other people figure it out, and then go for it in 3.0 with hopefully some spectre changes, lol.
"
allana wrote:
"
Sherumdul wrote:

From the patch notes:
"
Raised Zombies now have a melee attack range of 9 on their basic attack, up from 4. Their slam ability is now more visible, has a 25% larger radius, and will be used more readily.

Longer range means they'll have an easier time attacking while being clumped up. This is especially helpful when you have a lot of them, so that more than just the one in the front gets to whack

Ah, just that? That means they'll still be stupid and need constant direction, and they'll disengage every time I move slightly.
Well we dont know yet. Bex posted that they are working on some changes to zombies in 2.6 that they have not released yet. I suspect they will be added to morrow at patch. At least thats what she posted 17 houers ago on reddit.
monitoring this thread, very interested.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info