Content Update 2.6.0 Patch Notes

Is anyone else annoyed that "Rotgut: Chance to Gain Flask Charge on Critical Strike increased to 50%. Onslaught per Frenzy Charge increased to 2 seconds. Now has 50% Increased Duration."

and "Karui Ward: Now has 30% increased Projectile Damage."

I mean seriously, come on.
"
Aynix wrote:
"
imLuCaSsS wrote:

Voltaxic rift nerfed, drillneck nerfed, reach of the council nerfed. Question is: why?

Bow builds isn't that powerful comparated to most spells of the game. Even melee that was a joke in the past now is way better than going for a bow build. Council was the last survivor unique bow in PoE and now its another 1c trash item.

Nobody is crying, but personally I like bows, and it's kinda sad bow skills got exactly 0 buffs in the last YEAR while spells and vinktars still untouch.

There is simply no reason to play bow builds in poe anymore. What is really sad in my opinion. Killing bow builds in every single way but other spells and flasks still op as fuck. GGG way to be. GGG just HATE bow, don't ask me why.

Bullshit. Almost every crit bow build was using Death Opus, which is the same, not the RoTC. Bow builds not powerfull? Go look at Mathil Tornado Shot build (with Death Opus).

"
A7X89 wrote:
"
imLuCaSsS wrote:

Death Opus is a fucking joke guys, I hope you're not serious. If you want play bow your only hope is to drop a GG unique bow if u're lucky or craft one with 10ex if you're rich. Both is hard to start a league with.

Well, not really: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1738625/page/1

"
I want to thank the guys in the comments that suggested using Death's Opus as a cheap replacement for the Reach bow if you can't afford it. DPS wise it should be almost equal, if not better than Reach of the Council in some cases, and you might want to get one until you can afford a Reach. I'll try to do some damage testings with it.
Also I've uploaded a Video where I killed the Shaper with a white Crude Bow instead of Reach of the Council.

Moreover, Mathil killed shaper with a Death Opus and Tornado Shot.

Death Opus is, for real, a fucking joke comparated to old voltaxic and old reach of the council. No way in this world you can say no to that. Also, there is no reason to completly kill this bows, being a unique item, it can and eventually will drop at very early in the league. This makes a lot of bow builds viable in the beginning of league, while you don't have ilvl 8 masters and 10ex to craft a GG rare bow. Now it's gone.

On the other hard: There is PLENTY of broken and op stuff if you're playing spell or even melee. After 1 week of the league you can farm a atziri's disfavour and GG your melee character is done. Spell? You don't need shit, get some inquisitor spark or FB totems and you're fine with any crap weapon.

So, yes, there is a abyss between spell/melee/bow in the game right now. Bow skills and items are constantly being nerfed, 0 buffs in the last year. You're blind if you can't see it. Don't tell me "death opus" cause it makes me laugh.

Fact is unique bow is dead. And I don't know why. I don't care that much also, I can play spells too. Just saying I like bows.
My end, it justifies my means,
All I ever do is delay,
My every attempt to evade,
The end of the road
And my end....
Last edited by imLuCaSsS on Mar 2, 2017, 10:41:07 AM
Learn to use other bows.

Very cool patch GGG, I can't wait to try it out!
"
Midgaard12 wrote:
Learn to use other bows.

Very cool patch GGG, I can't wait to try it out!

I didn't said I can't use other bows. I said there was no reason to kill RoTC and nerf drillneck. Both items was just fine. Kill RoTC, kill drillneck, kill chain prophecys, kill Pale of the council farm. For what?

Learn to understand what other ppl are saying if you want comment something.

Cheers
All I ever do is delay,
The end of the road
And my end....
Last edited by imLuCaSsS on Mar 2, 2017, 11:27:39 AM
There was reason to nerf Drillneck. Everyone was using it because it was T1 BiS quiver for very very long time.

You are probably the only one that thinks bow users are worse than melee. Go play melee, go get that Uber Atziri Axe on 1st day of league xD
"
Aynix wrote:
There was reason to nerf Drillneck. Everyone was using it because it was T1 BiS quiver for very very long time.

You are probably the only one that thinks bow users are worse than melee. Go play melee, go get that Uber Atziri Axe on 1st day of league xD

That's exactly what I'll be doing. Not 1 day, but 1 week. Also in HC, I don't play SC.

It was a T1 quiver specific for pierce builds, for all others was just trash and a 3c item. And you still say it needed to be nerf. Right. LOL. xD

Lots of ppl making me laugh in this thread. You guys have no idea what u're talking about.
All I ever do is delay,
The end of the road
And my end....
Last edited by imLuCaSsS on Mar 2, 2017, 11:48:32 AM
Umm, it was for more than just Pierce builds buddy... you could get a +1 arrow corrupt on Drillneck that, when combined with the +4 arrows from Reach and the +2 secondary Tornado Shot projectile enchant for helmets, would make the Reach/Drillneck combo EXTREMELY good for Tornado Shot. (I'm betting that was at least one of the major reasons they nerfed the extra arrows on Reach.) That's an 8 or 9-projectile Tornado Shot build right there when combined with Greater Multiple Projectiles (I forget which.) That's not including the 56-63 secondary projectiles that would create.

With the type of attack speeds possible with Raider ascendancy, you could kill even Shaper without really trying with that kind of build. I always run with one of my guildies that uses a Raider build like that (complete with the automatic Frenzy Charge generation.) He made all the endgame fights a joke. I'm actually just as happy with using my Doomfletch Prism and a rare quiver for TS as he is with using his Reach & +1 arrow-corrupted Drillneck. It was much cheaper for me to build my char too. :D
Last edited by MimSiE on Mar 2, 2017, 2:03:05 PM
"
imLuCaSsS wrote:
"
Aynix wrote:

That's exactly what I'll be doing. Not 1 day, but 1 week. Also in HC, I don't play SC.

It was a T1 quiver specific for pierce builds, for all others was just trash and a 3c item. And you still say it needed to be nerf. Right. LOL. xD

Lots of ppl making me laugh in this thread. You guys have no idea what u're talking about.

Said the guy who knows ^ ^ "Melee better than bows" He said ^ ^
"
Aynix wrote:
"
imLuCaSsS wrote:
"
Aynix wrote:

Said the guy who knows ^ ^ "Melee better than bows" He said ^ ^

Judging by your profile probably more than you. Mr. lvl 90 SC player ^^

Also, I said melee will be better than bow to start a league, more viable, after this nerfs. I didn't said "melee better than bows". If you want argue in forums u should be able to read and understand what ppl are saying. It's very hard to discuss some point with brainless people.

"
MimSiE wrote:
Umm, it was for more than just Pierce builds buddy... you could get a +1 arrow corrupt on Drillneck that, when combined with the +4 arrows from Reach

How hard is to you guys UNDERSTAND what i'm saying? :)

Ok buddy, corrupting a drillneck with +1 arrow and get the perfect enchant and a dying sun and a vinktars to your bow build you're fine. I know that. After 1 month grab all that top stuff and you can still shoot 8 or 9 arrows. Fine!!

I'm saying bow builds is being raped to START A LEAGUE, since unique bows are not good as used to be. In the past you drop and you're done, now you have to work for 534985 things to make it viable. How long will take to u get a 3ex +1 arrow drillneck, RoTC, perfect +2 enchant, dying sun, etc? On HC, 90% of players will never touch on it. Can you guys understand what i'm saying now or is that too hard?

On the other hand: Inq crit spell GG = any crap gear.

See the difference? Spell/bow? To start a league? See the abyss difference? See why there was no reason to kill or nerf RoTC or drillneck?
All I ever do is delay,
The end of the road
And my end....
Last edited by imLuCaSsS on Mar 2, 2017, 3:01:45 PM
Thanks for the updates. I don't play any of those nerfed skills anyways. not even if you had improved them.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info