Pure Zombie Necromancer build?

i ran zombies right now and it feels they slam twice each 10 seconds or sometimes one time after 4 seconds.
i think the cooldown is somewhere between 4-5 seconds.

with 2 jewels we get around 2 seconds cooldown, which is very bad for a zombie who has around 4-5 attacks per second! so i'd rather not go conc effect
@airparisderjesus

Any way to tell when they use them. I always assumed they're those animations of the zombie doing a mega pimp slap dance where they swing both their arms.
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.
"
i ran zombies right now and it feels they slam twice each 10 seconds or sometimes one time after 4 seconds.
i think the cooldown is somewhere between 4-5 seconds.

with 2 jewels we get around 2 seconds cooldown, which is very bad for a zombie who has around 4-5 attacks per second! so i'd rather not go conc effect

"Raised Zombies now have a melee attack range of 9 on their basic attack, up from 4. Their slam ability is now more visible, has a 25% larger radius, and will be used more readily."

It's possible that this cooldown could be significantly less than it is in the live realm currently (let's hope so!). We really don't know until 2.6 is live.
Very unlikely they ninja buff the slam cooldown. As stated even if they cut the cooldown by half then it's 1 slam per second which is still less and not worth picking conc effect. It should be almost zero cool down to make conc effect viable here

Yes slam is the dance
Last edited by airparisderjesus on Mar 1, 2017, 4:48:20 AM
which means we are in an awkward situation where it is not quite good enough to replace the splash multi strike combo but it doesn't work well with the splash multi strike combo either

very annoying.

should point out that even though zombies are *slow* they really are only slow in that their base attack speed is .85. considering how much attack speed you can get in this game one can make even .85 attack multiple times a second under proper circumstances.

there are also some of the cons to using two of those jewels namely what you lose off of rare jewels

presently the jewels i tend to use for zombie builds are minion damage minion life and then optimally a double resist roll or a resist stat roll.

these jewels just have damage. and losing 20 - 24% minion life and about 20 - 40 resists / or 20 - 40 stat points is a difficult pill to swallow if the slam cant fully replace splash
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Mar 1, 2017, 8:20:11 AM
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
a better way to look at is is use the 90% more physical damage of the montre on the base zombie dps and then use the same calculations you do for the normal build and then replace the 10 zombies with probably 4

as i doubt i would get to 5 this is because switching out the montre changes everything

Is a +1 Zombies chest piece a bad idea?
Then it would be 5 again with the Ullr boots and Montregul.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
I am planning on making a zombie build and will likely post it in the witch forum after I do some testing. Most summoner trees look very similar after all so it's basically down to some testing with support gems and then if I go lowlife (most likely), CI or life/hybrid

I have a feeling they will be pretty good in the coming league though! Especially as you can supplement them with some cool phys-spectres like blade vortex dudes for bosses

With these you can get 6 beefy zombies. 5 should be easy in a temp league but getting a greatwolf might be hard
Last edited by allana on Mar 1, 2017, 9:22:23 AM
The downside to using a +1 zombie chest in a montre build is the fact that it caps you to level 24 zombie gems and is a bitch to roll colors for since zombies right now are 4 off color. and because a good +1 zombie chest is hard to get. this wont be somthing you can find on xyz just sitting there . it will be a crafting project.

eye's of the great wolf in my opinion is almost never worth it simply because of how unlikely you are to get one that is actually good and because there is a good chance you will really miss the 6 stats it doesnt have

I mean allan's great wolf is probably 1 or 2 of a kind .. no one else really has one so in terms of making a build guide for it.. is unrealistic.

which is why i would instead use a rare undying flesh talisman with bones of uller and then use a skin of the loyal

id say from a realism stand point you are far more likely to get the right skin of the loyal for less than 2 exa than you are to get a perfectly rolled 700+ es 6l vaal regalia with 2 resists and an open prefix.

honestly i have only seen 2 6l zombie regalia .. and even i dont have one. (mines a 5l)

technically allan's zombie regalia is almost mirror worthy if it werent for the fact that one should not be wasting a mirror on zombies
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Mar 1, 2017, 9:42:15 AM
Something like this?

That amulet combined with a Bones of Ullr would get you 10 Zombies baseline so you'd end up with 5 Zombies.
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.
"
Something like this?

That amulet combined with a Bones of Ullr would get you 10 Zombies baseline so you'd end up with 5 Zombies.

indeed something like that. preferably with more str and dex .

id say a reasonable goal would be

1resist a decent dex stat , optionally a good str stat , and then either %es or flat es

it all depends on if you go umbilicus (btw if you are doin a zombie build and are not seriously considering umbilicus .. then you arent actually doing a zombie build)
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Mar 1, 2017, 9:47:52 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info