Pure Zombie Necromancer build?

Indeed... Umbillicus will definitely push the Zombies up for DPS. Combined with lots of Auras you can probably turn them into very powerful bodyguards where your main tactic is just to avoid getting Aggro at all.
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.
well they buffed Mon'tregul's Grasp so I guess GGG made zombies great again
I dont see any any key!
I really wish they would have changed the mod on the weapon to something like "you can have 4-5 super zombies on steroids" instead of cutting them in half. This way we could have let's say 4 super zombies and 4 normal zombies, both for tanking/aggro purposes but also because having half your total zombies is a dps loss and clear speed loss in the vast majority of cases.
Going SRS in Legacy and will definitely get me some zombies but I just can't think of a time were just zombies would be better/worthwhile to focus on.
U get a shitload of dmg with umbilicus it would be rly dumb to skip it. It's like going 4L instead of 6L

4 zombies is at least realistic and with <21 gems you get over 1M DPS that beats 90% of content and with good investment (united in dream, empower 4,+1 curse amulet) you reach über atziri viability. Will start this build roughlY in week 3 of the league and will make a guide :)

@nam read previous pages we sorta evaluated why going full zombie is worth it and even beats Uber atziri with saltychipmunk's setup. Dunno what u want more
With new grasp it's probably also shaper tankable
Last edited by airparisderjesus on Mar 1, 2017, 11:47:58 AM
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
The downside to using a +1 zombie chest in a montre build is the fact that it caps you to level 24 zombie gems and is a bitch to roll colors for since zombies right now are 4 off color.

(...)

honestly i have only seen 2 6l zombie regalia .. and even i dont have one. (mines a 5l)

I thought I could go life based as a league-starter, something like this:
Click me
(Maybe with MoM/EB as well)
Then it's not that difficult to find a useful torso with an open prefix.

(I'm not at all experienced with summoners)
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
"
@nam read previous pages we sorta evaluated why going full zombie is worth it and even beats Uber atziri with saltychipmunk's setup. Dunno what u want more

Well for one I don't have the 40ex to make the build for which he showed the gear. And since SRS on a 5L will significantly outperform what I could reach with Zombies and Montre, I figured if we didn't lose out from our total number of zombies, it might make it a bit more accessible to everyone.
this build definetly won't cost 40 exa lol.

SRS means perma casting and is a whole different damage type...

besides this thread is about HOW to make zombie endgame (uber atziri/shaper) viable and not if other builds are stronger. obviously zombie summoner won't be the meta to beat those bosses but it's totally refreshing to see this possible.
"
Namcap wrote:
"

Well for one I don't have the 40ex to make the build for which he showed the gear. And since SRS on a 5L will significantly outperform what I could reach with Zombies and Montre, I figured if we didn't lose out from our total number of zombies, it might make it a bit more accessible to everyone.

well it is a good thing the build is plenty viable with out the expensive bits

if you were to go budget

300 es helm without zombie enchant (prefer to have it) probably 10c for the enchanted base and then spam till you get a 300 roll is not hard probably 40 chaos in total

i think skin of the loyal will be sub 2 exa for the one you need 3r 2b 1g

a 400 es shield is pretty trivial these days

you do NOT want a +1 curse chayula if you are going with montre since you will be dual curse so another 16 exa down

(i should note i bought the +1 chayula .. 2 days ago and was happily using a doedres damning if you are worried about tri cursing)

you dont need sins' rebirth so i just saved you 7 - 14 exa

the 21 zombie you should get by leveling 7 quality zombie gems and corrupting them
you dont need a level 4 empower as a level 3 we do just fine as a start so thats another 5 exa saved

you dont even need enlighten at all.. just get one extra aura reservation node and drop haste for purity of elements boom another 5 - 9 exa saved for you

all in all i just shaved 25 - 40 exa off the price tag for you

i should clarify that i have been working on this build for probably 6 months now as a personal project. it is ofc an over investment in its present state

"
Peterlerock wrote:
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
The downside to using a +1 zombie chest in a montre build is the fact that it caps you to level 24 zombie gems and is a bitch to roll colors for since zombies right now are 4 off color.

(...)

honestly i have only seen 2 6l zombie regalia .. and even i dont have one. (mines a 5l)

I thought I could go life based as a league-starter, something like this:
Click me
(Maybe with MoM/EB as well)
Then it's not that difficult to find a useful torso with an open prefix.

(I'm not at all experienced with summoners)

going life as a league starter is fine in my opinion just do not use umbilicus. umbilicus is without a doubt an es only unique and you will want to transition to es to use umbilicus because it effectively adds 5 gem links to your zombies.

and the build will feel slow until you get umbilicus . this is simply a byproduct of not having access to all the minion speed.

Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Mar 1, 2017, 2:18:50 PM
I am thinking of going CI actually on my first character. I want to use Vis Mortis and the newly changed Broken Faith shield with necro aegis to give zombies two sources of Unholy might without needing a sin's rebirth flask (which will be too expensive at the start anyway)

Currently tinkering with a tree in path of building! I like that we have some more accessible ES nodes down by the Charisma aura cluster now as well
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
going life as a league starter is fine in my opinion just do not use umbilicus.

Doing the SSF thing, so I can't really plan for Umbilicus, sadly.

Montregul is reasonable for SSF (only 4 Death cards, and I like the maps where I can farm it), for the 5th Zombie I'll rely on the common Bones of Ullr, a talisman or a chestpiece.

---

Btw: New skilltree connects the two summoner clusters between templar and witch.
No other significant changes, as far as I can tell.

3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info