Balancing Legacy Unique Items

"
Only applying on new dropped items, we cannot divine them so our old stuff will worth nothing ? Sigh...

Lets see kaoms heart and shavronnes wrapping...

most nerf in the patch possible to divine as long as it has same base item that only re-roll value number.. unless its stated otherwise
Well its

Balancing
Legacy Unique Items

So... new league "Equilibrium"? With Elemental theme?
"
Wiesl_1404 wrote:
Hmm - i have mixed feelings about this to be honest.

Shav's Ring:
The legacy version of this ring with 4% ES regen has it's niche uses and creates very powerfull unique builds with niche purpose (example: Dyness in the Hall of Grandmasters). The non legacy variant creates niche Johnny like builds, which is great for the game.

The new version of the ring does nothing for the ES part of the ring - 3% in the current state of the game is nothing. With the recent change of map mods affecting ES regen the rings niche was busted.

The mana part of the new version represents a lvl 58 clarity for free (sounds like "Nick_GGG balancing" to me; completly over the top stats) if you are using a life build without scaling ES
No regen is the only map mod that counters it, 60% less regen would not bother you ever while using this ring.

I can't understand the design philosophy of this type of item because it limits design space severly regarding mana and mana regen dependend mechanics. With old EB and AA this would be broken. With this ring in the game an old AA type mana drain mechanic over time (which many people loved) can't ever be designed in the future again because this ring exists and the new mechanic can never be balanced around it properly. Mana can never be buffed to become a relevent/compareable stat which is worth investing in because of this single item. MoM can't be touched/reworked either.

A rebalance wasn't necessary at all - reverting the nerf would have done the trick i feel. Limiting design space for new mechanics can never be the right choice.

I can think this ring can be useful actually.. for example EB that makes ES Shield Mana.
A guardian that do it that way can gain 3%ES regen which can be used for mana heavy build such as kitava's thirst, and +100 base mana used for reserving full mana for radiant faith allow to be used for an extra aura. (a guardian who only do aura from mana while keep doing some decent dps, not aurabot)
however, one cant go low life with this setup.

another idea is use this ring as replacement for clarity aura for ppl who using clear mind jewel. +40 flat mana regen is crazy and can save some max mana/mana regen/mana leech for some build, however, ones hardly go ES build if they do this setup.

edit: fix typo
Last edited by caffarella on Feb 9, 2017, 10:15:39 AM
Tinfoil hat time.

Under the assumption that the next league needed to require minimal Developer time and knowing it will be the last league prior to 3.0, we might be looking at a "Legacy" league that revisits all of the prior league seasons either at once or on rotating basis.

Could be a very interesting infusion of old league specific unique items right before 3.0.

"
Tempada wrote:
What about the highlighted/capitalized Ms on the first page of this thread and this one? Then there's this guy's theory.

my interpretation, when you take the characters from chris' sentence which aren't supposed to be upper case, it results in a simple "yes" to the posted suggestion.
and i have the same understanding as you of the bolded 'm', it's a "dank meme", cause m is the key for microtransaction.

"
Tempada wrote:
What if GGG is completely wiping the game of legacy gear?

while i would have no problem with that, most see them as well earned achievements. so if they do, "misery" would be absolutely fitting :)

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
BUFF WINDRIPPER PLS
awesome
Video Games.
Why waste good technology on science and medecine ?
that first ring is absolutely kreygasm for inquisitor, i also cant wait for the option of my totems leaching, the bonus aoe will by amazing for ball lightning totems!
Some friendly feedback for you, Bex:

Showing both the original item and the new item, for easy comparison, will make articles such as this a lot more coherent. Not everyone has the old stats for every unique memorized, and allow me to be so bold as to say that most of us do not.
Wash your hands, Exile!
Bex (<3, etc.), there seems to be a LOT of confusion about Legacy items vs. League-Exclusive uniques as a result of this... any chance you could maybe put a little clarification (even just what you said in response to Sexcalibre earlier in this thread) in your original post? (as simple as saying "and yes I know these are all league exclusive uniques, but the choice of the title 'legacy' was very much intentional" or something to that effect?)
U MAD?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info