Balancing Legacy Unique Items

I hope GGG does a better job this time compared to that shit they called fated uniques.
"
alhazred70 wrote:
Nothing in the landscape changes when you get rid of legacy gear in standard league

The economy would change (even in temp leagues; people couldn't exploit items they expect to go legacy - they might still be able to make a killing on league-specific items, though), development would be less of a headache for the programmers (not that I think they balance around Standard, but never having to consider legacies again would probably be a boon), there would be no legacy uniques in PvP for the tiny community that affects, people would rage quit, devs might try to compensate by revamping old items... I'm certain the landscape would change.

"
you're just taking away toys that are old and don't effect you or the meta and most certainly have nothing to do with the temp league. I mean; being that you enjoy the pot freshly stirred you surely aren't a mostly standard league player right? Almost no meta builds demand a legacy item that only exists in standard. So I'll chalk that reply up to ducking the real question and move on.

I actually try to complete temp league challenges and gather interesting new gear as quickly as possible so I can get back to Standard where I have more toys to play with. Standard is my home in this game. If anything were to happen to legacy gear, I'd miss, as one example, my +1 frenzy The Blood Dance (which enables some things you can't pull off in a temp league), but honestly I'd get over it quickly. I totally understand getting upset about losing gear that you may have paid ridiculous amounts of currency for (I paid way too much for a perfectly rolled legacy Shavronne's Revelation - I guess I'm a fan of regen) and, if GGG were ever to actually do away with legacy uniques, I'm sure they wouldn't make the decision lightly; it would have to make devs' lives a lot simpler or make sense for the future of the game.

I have no clue if legacy removal is on GGG's mind (except with the Xbox version, which they could make from the start so it never has legacies), I just think now is a good time for them to consider their options.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
I am very sad now I can't use gifts with crit totem then cause it says u have to deal the crit :/ to get the effect
The main char is a half-elf for the whole story OSHOCK FACEo
to GGG: i honestly think you're doing a great job and a very hardworking team in general, but cmon guys, you are balancing some legacy items (like many people care) while for example not touching SCION like at all, same for other MAJOR balance issues, just... cmon
Glacial Hammer now has 3-5% Chance to Poison on the character select screen.
Last edited by HQuality on Feb 11, 2017, 7:31:57 PM
Wow! Why take so long to start balance some itens up! there alot itens with potencial in game that i always wanted to try, maybe now i can!
▒ █▒█▒█ █▀▀█ █▀▀▀   ▒ IN THE JOURNEY TO BECOMING
▒ █▒█▒█ █▄▄█ █ ▄▄  ▒ A MASTER FISHERMAN...
▒ ▀█▒█▀ █   █▄▄█   ▒               
▒                    ▒ TELL ME WHAT IS YOUR FISH?
▒   Winding Pier fame    ▒ ~Sartador
Can we have Victario's Influence rebalanced too ?
Its very niche item as it stand..

If it only could have Socketed Gems are Supported by level 1 Generosity mod removed which usually is overwritten by quality generosity gem link in most case scenarios...

Could use some sort of defensive roll on it ? Be it flat hp or flat ES..

In all seriousness its hard to squeeze that unique in at at cost of potentially 120-130 hp or 800-900+ es chests... Its okay if its subpar but it should have at least 70-80 hp on it or give 400 es total to be usable.

Please GGG make that item viable..
Last edited by Tresemme on Feb 12, 2017, 4:07:16 AM
So since Gifts is being re-balanced due to performance issues, does that mean the old versions are being updated to this version or just that this is the new drop version? If I get to keep my legacy then my new Doubly-Gifted Hegemony Inquisitor is gonna be DOPE.
"
"
LBGxValor wrote:
so instead of FIXING ur trash server performance ur messing with items ?? who is every in charge of making decisions should be fired immediately

A little bit of rational thought would tell you that the people in charge of item balance aren't the same people who deal with server performance.

there is ONE budget though, mr. rational thought. and the way money is distributed is very important

buffing/nerfing a few chosen uniques isn't gonna cut it anyway when the problem is that you are flooded with garbage uniques. finding a unique should have meaning, not be just a few extra alch shards. hell, in temp leagues uniques could really be just that - 1 copy per realm. THAT should be the next temp league. it would give the netdeckers the screwing they deserve. get original or get lost ^^

either make the rare ones more common, or the common ones better and more rare. the current situation where I farm breaches all league and get THREE league-exclusives is SHIT
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
Last edited by LMTR14 on Feb 14, 2017, 8:10:29 AM
So it appears that in the next league (legacy) the old gear will be found. Which of the old leagues had the best gear that was nerfed?
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
You will find nerfed version anyway.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info