Balancing Legacy Unique Items

"
LMTR14 wrote:
"However, the triggered consecrated ground causes performance issues"

so how about fixing ground effects?! LOL but no, they will change the effect instead. evading the obstacle is so typical of a developer who doesn't know what they are doing.

and a good idea would be to show on the tooltip when a unique was released (patch number) and when that specific instance of the unique was changed last. don't expect the wiki to tell us what legacy version we are holding in hands, THE GAME should tell us.

and who the fuck cares about balance of league exclusive items that you can barely get at all in temp leagues. that shit is so obscure it shouldn't even be a top 100 priority of things to tackle!

#fixthepotato
† You were a good man in a bad situation, Fairgraves. †
See what I am currently after here: 1767138
Thanks Chris! 2797098
"
Tempada wrote:
My (wishful thinking) bet's on Misery, which has potential to be the most wonderful troll name in the history of PoE, next to Cats when Damage Taken. What if GGG is completely wiping the game of legacy gear? I don't mean that they'd delete items, of course. I mean they'd normalize gear so that current legacy gear gets updated to the most recent version. Wouldn't now be the time to do it, in preparation for the Xbox One release? Then consider the name of this thread. How do you balance legacy uniques? You get rid of them!

Legacy items have nothing to do with XBOX, as they are not obtainable
Life will be technically better Soon TM
"
waskely wrote:
"
Tempada wrote:
My (wishful thinking) bet's on Misery, which has potential to be the most wonderful troll name in the history of PoE, next to Cats when Damage Taken. What if GGG is completely wiping the game of legacy gear? I don't mean that they'd delete items, of course. I mean they'd normalize gear so that current legacy gear gets updated to the most recent version. Wouldn't now be the time to do it, in preparation for the Xbox One release? Then consider the name of this thread. How do you balance legacy uniques? You get rid of them!

Legacy items have nothing to do with XBOX, as they are not obtainable

Legacy items have a lot to do with Xbox. GGG has the chance to do it "right" this time, to make it so legacy items don't exist and won't exist in the future, at least on the console.

As I understand it, legacies exist because a change to the value of a specific mod on an item "requires doing an item migration with a custom script, resulting in massive downtime while migrating every item on the realm." I wonder if GGG has found a quicker way to update the items and can make it so both pc and console will never have legacy uniques again. This possibility excites me, and I say that as someone who owns plenty of legacy gear.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Last edited by Tempada on Feb 9, 2017, 3:34:09 PM
? Not enough info to know where this is all going ... will the old items get the new buff with a Divine if we want to change them ? But its nice to see your looking at older uni's an trying them viable for use again instead of just making new ones :)
Amazing Nice direction ;))
"
SADleem wrote:
Bring back the +1K HP Kaom's Heart. Also Bringer of Rain. While you're at it, buff life nodes so that I can stop playing Path of Blue Life. ^_^

Non legacy kaoms is already bis for just about any 2 hander build out there and bor is bis for ancestral warchief. buffing those isn't the solution to fix life. Buffing life is the solution to fix life (or make armor and eva worth it).
"
Tempada wrote:
and can make it so both pc and console will never have legacy uniques again. This possibility excites me, and I say that as someone who owns plenty of legacy gear.

I can't wrap my head around the OCD that causes one to get excited about other peoples old gear being nerfed against it is assumed most of their desires.

Can you explain why this excites you? Is it that you enjoy the unhappiness of others? Or is it some other mental health problem?

I mean do you feel like your play is being effected because you know somewhere someone has a better item than you do? Even if it's only in standard? Is it a form of gaming paranoia? You're just sure that everyone who's in a party with you is abusing some old Legacy item and that's why they kill stuff faster and die less often than you do?

Or is this as simple as the age old busy body who knows "whats best for everyone", and wants to force that on them "for their own good"?

You keep saying you have legacy items, as if that makes your puzzling stance more altruistic and less... um... schadenfreude.
"only 10% of players care about melee" - Aesop's Fox if he was a GGG dev
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_
Last edited by alhazred70 on Feb 9, 2017, 5:35:58 PM
been thinking about the self found solo league and how it'd be nice if they could make all uniques available or even all leagues available in it (not just through map device). i mean since you can't ever trade for legacy items without dropping out of it, it'd be nice to be able to have them drop in what amounts to a true single player run.
Bring back legacy Vinktar's. That's balanced !
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
If they are league exclusive, how do you get one? Nvmind, I guess Zana and Strongbox affixes.
Last edited by xxSerpentlordxx on Feb 9, 2017, 8:11:15 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info