[3.14] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, ✔️All Bosses Down, ✔️Necro, ✔️Elementalist

How do you figure charity gives 600% increased crit chance? power charge gives 40%, 40% * 3 = 120%.. and not for bosses.

it seems to me still almost like another clayshaper would be best

each golem having 12% inc cast speed, 120% inc crit which should work out to about 20% inc over the base amount after controlled destruction (so should be 6%?), and 12% more dmg on each golem
seems trumped by adding another golem.

the more dmg on frenzy charges is the main appeal, and with charity it works out like
(100 * 4) + (12 * 4)
vs with 5 golems
100 * 5

better?

Just my thought on the matter.
Last edited by Gutterflower on Aug 9, 2017, 10:57:23 AM
"
Wouldn't it be worth it to take the 2 5% Curse Effectiveness nodes near whispers of Doom, rather than the Curse Cast Speed, to take Temporal Chains even further?

Hey :)

The points are worth getting if you want to focus on raising temporal chains effectiveness fast. It takes one extra point, but it not aiming for any biggers nodes can be well spend on effectiveness.

"
Well, I mean it's great that you're willing to test, but LVL 26 golems means you used sub-optimal links with a sub-optimal tree and came to an inaccurate conclusion. And then you passed that conclusion to others as advice. That's kinda ehh...

Anyway, back to the point. Flame and Lightning do not have the same tree, links, or playstyle. I agree that Flame is easier for mapping, but if you think Lightning is much worse, then you might be trying to play it the same style as Flame, which is inefficient. I made the same mistake too when I first tried Lightning, so it's understandable. If you just keep walking, the orbs kill mobs as you move offscreen. No need to wait until they die like on Flame.

For bosses, you can compare any boss fight on Youtube and see Lightning is way ahead, sometimes 2x faster or more, especially on megabosses where killing faster means better survivability (Guardians/Shaper/Uber Atziri). Lightning is actually the fastest Shaper killer among summoner builds atm (unless there's some secret build I haven't seen yet).

I'm not saying this cause I have something against Flame Golems. I like all the golem types actually (played extensively with all of them and done Shaper with Ice/Light/Stone). I just think it's important to pass on good/accurate info, especially with all these new players coming in.

I'm not saying Lightning Golems are worse. I just stated that they have worse clear speed but better boss kill time which is true.

I have also tested all Golems types, and found Flame Golems to be absolutely most suitable for average starting Golemancer. They have wonderful AI, ranged skills and huge aoe clear. Other Golems are faster in single target killers, but need specialized gear, skills and focus from player.

I root for all Golems builds, but Flame Golems are best starting Golems in my opinion.

"

How do you figure charity gives 600% increased crit chance? power charge gives 40%, 40% * 3 = 120%.. and not for bosses.

it seems to me still almost like another clayshaper would be best

each golem having 12% inc cast speed, 120% inc crit which should work out to about 20% inc over the base amount after controlled destruction (so should be 6%?), and 12% more dmg on each golem
seems trumped by adding another golem.
bcuz even if u cut that golems dmg up into 4 pieces and give it to the other 4 equally, each would gain more than those charges give I think (just an abstract example but u see my point) it is like same dps boost as if each golem gaining 25% more dmg by adding a fifth.

Just my thought on the matter.

Hi!

Minions get much bigger benefits from charges than players. Heres from gamepedia :

"
"Effects on Monsters and Minions

Frenzy charges:

15% increased Attack Speed per Frenzy Charge
15% increased Cast Speed per Frenzy Charge
3 Maximum Frenzy Charges
4% more Damage per Frenzy Charge
5% increased Movement Speed per Frenzy Charge

Power charges:

200% increased Critical Strike Chance per Power Charge
3 Maximum Power Charges

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Charge
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Last edited by mika2salo on Aug 9, 2017, 10:58:59 AM
I see, but what about not having power charges up for bosses since they require kill and also an extra golem basically being 100% more damage vs 12% more * 4 golems on frenzy? Can the inc cast speed really make the difference? You will be bottlenecked by golem cooldowns with or without those frenzy charges I believe because I see no difference in how often they fire off magma balls with or without frenzy. they will just finish the spell echo sooner and have to wait the same to do it again..
"
I see, but what about not having power charges up for bosses since they require kill and also an extra golem basically being 100% more damage vs 12% more * 4 golems on frenzy? Can the inc cast speed really make the difference? You will be bottlenecked by golem cooldowns with or without those frenzy charges I believe because I see no difference in how often they fire off magma balls with or without frenzy. they will just finish the spell echo sooner and have to wait the same to do it again..

Its best to test and see which you like better :)

Both are ok and it depends which way you / your Golems can survive longer. Most build followers prefer the shield, but some go dual clayshapers.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
Last edited by mika2salo on Aug 9, 2017, 11:48:55 AM
"
mika2salo wrote:
I'm not saying Lightning Golems are worse. I just stated that they have worse clear speed but better boss kill time which is true.

This is true.

"
...they have slightly better boss kill time than Flame Golems, but much worse clear speed in maps.

This is not true.

Maybe I'm overreacting here, but the second statement seems off-base.
⚡ Lightning Golems:
/1902593
⛄ Ice Golems:
/1914382
"
This is not true.

What is your opinion regarding flame vs lightning golemns? Flame better for mapping and Lightning better for boss farming (shaper/atrizi/uber)?

You seem to be knowledgable regarding golem builds and i'm at the point in mine where I need to decide if I want to work towards lightning or flame golems (just got my anima stone, been using sentinals).
Could you give some advice on how to do Uber lab boss with this build, lab is not my favourite and I just die to easy in the boss room with all traps.
See other posts mention lighting golem for boss? But that is not worth leveling up now for the uber lab fight?

Any advice you can give, i don't have weakness as I run temp chains, should I switch a curse or should i switch a gem for fire penetration or something?

Could most likely make it if I do 3/4 runs but if I die i'm often so pissed off I need to log out for a bit...
"
tomatopotato wrote:
"
mika2salo wrote:

This is true.

"
...they have slightly better boss kill time than Flame Golems, but much worse clear speed in maps.

This is not true.

Well, I'm posting link to your own video here. Build followers can compare clear speed vs boss killing and decide which suits them better. I still stay by my word that clear speed is terrible.

Fixed link in next page ->

"
What is your opinion regarding flame vs lightning golemns? Flame better for mapping and Lightning better for boss farming (shaper/atrizi/uber)?

You seem to be knowledgable regarding golem builds and i'm at the point in mine where I need to decide if I want to work towards lightning or flame golems (just got my anima stone, been using sentinals).

Hey :)

I recommend watching the video linked above and decide then.

"
Could you give some advice on how to do Uber lab boss with this build, lab is not my favourite and I just die to easy in the boss room with all traps.
See other posts mention lighting golem for boss? But that is not worth leveling up now for the uber lab fight?

Any advice you can give, i don't have weakness as I run temp chains, should I switch a curse or should i switch a gem for fire penetration or something?

Could most likely make it if I do 3/4 runs but if I die i'm often so pissed off I need to log out for a bit...

Hi!

Try to avoid trap areas if possible. When you have to go to trap area, switch some gem for "Lightning Warp" skill and use it to teleport to location instead of running. When you have to run, use movement flask to zoom over trap areas as fast as possible.

Boss fights are pretty easy if you just keep on moving in circle around the boss and avoid the periodic green projectile burst from him. Just stay close enough to boss that Temporal Chains area affects him.

Labyrinth is not fun to run, but its doable if using right tools and methods ;)
Last edited by mika2salo on Aug 9, 2017, 9:43:08 PM
you gave us 2 options/en shields or vitality but as far as i can see you only cover the energy skill path?
Hey! Thanks for the build guide!
Leveling at the moment and watching your character tab I wonder what specters are you using. Whatever melee you come across or something specific?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info