[3.14] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, ✔️All Bosses Down, ✔️Necro, ✔️Elementalist

As much as I would like to go from zombies to golems I can't stand flame ones. How would you tweak build/links for Chaos golems? I was thinking on incorporating Malachai's Loop to make critgolems.
Last edited by mietek1991 on Aug 8, 2017, 5:45:38 AM
Great guide, thank you for doing it!

I understand Clayshaper is the weapon we want eventually, for leveling, what would you suggest in terms of weapons?
"
Wybitny wrote:
Solid guide, thanks !

Thanks for support ^^

"
Really appreciate the thought that went into this guide as well as your continued support for the people with questions! Here's another question for ya, have you tried leveling with Frost Sentinel spectres? This is purely anecdotal, but it feels like they might clear slightly faster than Flame Sentinels, but I've got no concrete proof to back it up. Just wondering if you've done the math and if you came to the conclusion that one was better than the other.

I haven't been able to test as much new monsters as Specters yet as I would have liked. Frost Sentinels look like good alternative and many players like their appearance more. They deal about the same damage, but I think Flame Sentinels perform but better overall. After all selecting specter comes down to own taste.

"
Oh ok so the deals 42% increased damage 8 seconds after summoned part of the Jewel doesn't matter?

Not really, that line is for completely different type of build. Primordial might should be stacked with maximizing minion life with chaos cloud left when they die. Its very expensive and not very practical.

"
have flame golems 100% chance to hit with their skills? Sometimes I see projectiles passing through enemies without doing damage.

Hey :)

Spells have 100% chance to hit always. The Magma Balls actually explode where the Golems aim them, not at contact. If Golem desides to shoot area where enemy was second earlier, the balls wont explode touching another enemy nearer. Balls can shotgun if 2-3 balls happen to explode interlapping slightly

This looks like they might miss sometimes, but GMP and cast speed makes them hurl so many balls that dps isn't really affected.

"
As much as I would like to go from zombies to golems I can't stand flame ones. How would you tweak build/links for Chaos golems? I was thinking on incorporating Malachai's Loop to make critgolems.

Hi!

Chaos golems links could be :
Summon Chaos Golem -> Spell Echo -> Minion Damage -> Void manipulation -> Concentrated Effect -> Poison support

All links should be in the new "The Covenant" armor for added chaos gem.

Chaos Golems excel in boss killing but have terrible clear speed.

Lightning Golems are good alternative also. There is build called "Lightning Golem Crescendo" which uses them. I have tested them and they have slightly better boss kill time than Flame Golems, but much worse clear speed in maps. They are however nice balance between boss killing <-> clear speed and don't spam whole screen full of projectiles.

Links are :

Summon Lightning Golem -> Minion Damage -> Spell Echo -> Added Lightning Damage -> Elemental Focus -> Increased Duration

You can use my builds tree, and switch armor for Skin Of The Loyal or some rare ES armor.

"
Great guide, thank you for doing it!

I understand Clayshaper is the weapon we want eventually, for leveling, what would you suggest in terms of weapons?

Hi :)

For Earlier levels I suggest using :
- level 24 (Reverberation Rod -wand) Has integrated spell echo, put Summon Raging Spirit there
- level 40 (Midnight Bargain -wand) Gives extra zombie and specter, huge damage boost

Much later level use "Clayshaper" to get the extra 4th Golem with Anima Stone. 2x Golems are never worth 4-5x high level Specters with "Soul Weaver" Ascendancy.

Other than that, there are no good leveling weapons for summoners. You can use any wand you find. I did first act with the starting white wand myself.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Well, few more questions for Master Summoner.

Why do we bother to spend so many points on Aura passives while we use only one Aura?
Influence + Sovereignty are like 7 points to spend, and what we benefit from it? Some mana reserving saved (for what, we don't cast) and 24% increased power of Discipline, that gives us not so much ES to be honest.

One more problem, seems like Bone Offering triggers VERY rarely since I need to get hit for like 3k and if this happens, most likely I was 1-shotted again. Maybe lower gems levels would help more than more block %?

And the last one — you recommend to have +1 skill on Auras or summons?
I've tried to increase gem levels and quality in path of building, seems like radius increases from 46 to 47, that is not so much. While minions grow a lot.
Last edited by hwat on Aug 8, 2017, 12:39:57 PM
hehe i farmed the essentials on my wanderfinder league starter because i really hate playing zombies (extremely slow and dumb) and especially srs (temp summons! yuck!) and couldn't imagine playing like that til i managed to amass over 300 chaos

now MoveOnlyOnEveryKey has washed up on the shores of wraeclast and is ready to lead a wreath of sentient fire through it.
Last edited by Gutterflower on Aug 8, 2017, 12:34:06 PM
just want to say thanks for the solid guide and thanks for replying to questions when you can :)

ive yet to buy the jewels yet as they are crazy expensive. :(
"
msterry wrote:
just want to say thanks for the solid guide and thanks for replying to questions when you can :)

ye it's not just that ppl are playing the build but that might is extremely rare
Price is really high at the moment on poe.trade now 150 chaos for a might, so you need 2 which means 300 chaos and the other 2 most like is another 10 chaos.
So yeah this build is not cheap.
I was lucky enough to find might the second day of the league and already was lucky with an exalt on the first day, bought bisco's collar and then it is farming maps over and over for currency and items.

But you can do totally fine with the spectres and would not be surprised that many who first want to go for golems say I stick with the spectres as they are also crazy good in the maps.
"
hehe i farmed the essentials on my wanderfinder league starter because i really hate playing zombies (extremely slow and dumb) and especially srs (temp summons! yuck!) and couldn't imagine playing like that til i managed to amass over 300 chaos

now MoveOnlyOnEveryKey has washed up on the shores of wraeclast and is ready to lead a wreath of sentient fire through it.

Gratz on getting sweet gear so fast ^^

I'm afraid you have to however run first 3 acts with Zombies and SRS as Golems can be equipped at level 34. But don't worry about minions, With "Springleaf" shield and they are not dying anytime soon.

"

"
ye it's not just that ppl are playing the build but that might is extremely rare

"
Price is really high at the moment on poe.trade now 150 chaos for a might, so you need 2 which means 300 chaos and the other 2 most like is another 10 chaos.
So yeah this build is not cheap.
I was lucky enough to find might the second day of the league and already was lucky with an exalt on the first day, bought bisco's collar and then it is farming maps over and over for currency and items.

But you can do totally fine with the spectres and would not be surprised that many who first want to go for golems say I stick with the spectres as they are also crazy good in the maps.

Hey :)

Yep, Prices for the jewels are definitely not the cheapest. But they can be bought really late game as Specters are very strong. "Soul Weaver" -Ascendancy node is definitely worth to run / pay for carry in labs when entering maps to make very tanky and powerful Specters.

You can farm aggressively for the jewels early if you want to go full Golems fast, or take it easy and raise map tier slowly and accumulate enough wealth by time.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
"
hwat wrote:
Well, few more questions for Master Summoner.

Why do we bother to spend so many points on Aura passives while we use only one Aura?
Influence + Sovereignty are like 7 points to spend, and what we benefit from it? Some mana reserving saved (for what, we don't cast) and 24% increased power of Discipline, that gives us not so much ES to be honest.

One more problem, seems like Bone Offering triggers VERY rarely since I need to get hit for like 3k and if this happens, most likely I was 1-shotted again. Maybe lower gems levels would help more than more block %?

And the last one — you recommend to have +1 skill on Auras or summons?
I've tried to increase gem levels and quality in path of building, seems like radius increases from 46 to 47, that is not so much. While minions grow a lot.

Hi :)

The aura nodes are actually multi-functional. The keep us above low mana, so we don't take extra spell damage while using Infernal Mantle. They also affect radius of Temporal Chains curse, which is one of the main pillars of the defense. Curse is also "Aura" with blasphemy, so especially "Leadership" point gives TC huge 50% area buff. Extra effectiveness gives more ES from Discipline.

You can customize the CWDT levels to what feels good for you. How ever if they are too close to each other, they might trigger at same time and only one will happen. Thats why I use level 1 and 20 to make sure they don't interlap. Minimim safe level should be about 10 level difference if i remember correctly.

I recommend both but in order 1. auras, 2. minions.

The idea about +1 from vertex is not to buff the aura gem itself, but the enhance with links. Each level of enhance gives Temporal Chains 8% more quality, which means 4% more slow. Then add curse effectiveness from "Blasphemy" quality and maybe vertex enhancement with temporal chains effect and you start to get close to 50-75% temporal chain effect.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info