[3.14] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, ✔️All Bosses Down, ✔️Necro, ✔️Elementalist

"
mika2salo wrote:
"
mietek1991 wrote:
As much as I would like to go from zombies to golems I can't stand flame ones. How would you tweak build/links for Chaos golems? I was thinking on incorporating Malachai's Loop to make critgolems.

Chaos golems links could be :
Summon Chaos Golem -> Spell Echo -> Minion Damage -> Void manipulation -> Concentrated Effect -> Poison support

Lightning Golems are good alternative also. There is build called "Lightning Golem Crescendo" which uses them. I have tested them and they have slightly better boss kill time than Flame Golems, but much worse clear speed in maps.

Hey, appreciate the shout-out :) There might have been something off with your testing though. Lightning has only somewhat worse clear speed and much better boss speed when geared up. You can compare with your videos:

vs. T15 Kaom
LVL 27 Flame: approx. 14s
LVL 21 Light: approx. 12s (double boss, increased monster life)

vs. T13 High Gardens
LVL 23 Flame: approx. 4 min.
LVL 21 Light: approx. 4 min.

Also, I don't think Chaos Golems use Poison anymore since double dipping got nerfed.
⚡ Lightning Golems:
/1902593
⛄ Ice Golems:
/1914382
Hi

I'm the oldest player around.

Tnx for the excellent guide you made and who ever was involved.

Still learning tricks of the POE.

"Another quest which master do you want early in your hide out."

Did battle with act10 before cruel lab. Then some did hold my hand during cruel lab.

Did gave me a bonus again for Act10. Very slowly per say. Now Merciless needs to be done. The big negative for me is I hate LAB runs. Could not stand them.

I progressed to level 74. Need to farm currency now to get end game items and gear.

"Last question: what type of jewels we want in socket, not end game stuff."

Tnx also for answering when we need help.

I was so depressed yesterday when I could not complete act 10. Preserver is most likely the answer.
Where should i upgrade my build from here?My life is sitting at 2.8k es 4.1k. Is the next step for me getting movement speed rings? I have the jewels.

"
The idea about +1 from vertex is not to buff the aura gem itself, but the enhance with links. Each level of enhance gives Temporal Chains 8% more quality, which means 4% more slow. Then add curse effectiveness from "Blasphemy" quality and maybe vertex enhancement with temporal chains effect and you start to get close to 50-75% temporal chain effect.

I don't really know how it works, but seems that I need like 100500 runs in uberlab to get this enchant, right? Lab is the only place in whole game which REALLY annoys me.

And if I don't use mantle (can't yet afford it), seems that this is waste of points in all these mana reductions buffs. Maybe to get another Jewel down center?

Since I'm not rich, what priorities can you give me item-wise?
— upgrade all aura links/gems
— primordial of might (expensive bitch)
— lots of harmonies
— +1 gem on boots (also 1ex minimum)
Last edited by hwat on Aug 9, 2017, 3:43:00 AM
Since we can only get 1 extra golem from Anima Stone, should we still continue stacking Primordial Harmonies?
Since we can only get 1 extra golem from Anima Stone, should we still continue stacking Primordial Harmonies?
"
jman1986 wrote:

Anima stone gives 2.
Last edited by Gutterflower on Aug 9, 2017, 3:20:54 AM
"
tomatopotato wrote:
"
mika2salo wrote:
"
mietek1991 wrote:
As much as I would like to go from zombies to golems I can't stand flame ones. How would you tweak build/links for Chaos golems? I was thinking on incorporating Malachai's Loop to make critgolems.

Chaos golems links could be :
Summon Chaos Golem -> Spell Echo -> Minion Damage -> Void manipulation -> Concentrated Effect -> Poison support

Lightning Golems are good alternative also. There is build called "Lightning Golem Crescendo" which uses them. I have tested them and they have slightly better boss kill time than Flame Golems, but much worse clear speed in maps.

Hey, appreciate the shout-out :) There might have been something off with your testing though. Lightning has only somewhat worse clear speed and much better boss speed when geared up. You can compare with your videos:

vs. T15 Kaom

vs. T13 High Gardens

Also, I don't think Chaos Golems use Poison anymore since double dipping got nerfed.

Np, all Golemancers are on the same boat anyway ^^

I tested 4x level 26 Lightning Golems with my tree, and while boss killing was faster didn't feel lightning fast (pardon my pun). Biggest grief for mob killing is that none of their skills chain. They even use arc skill... -_-

"
Hi

I'm the oldest player around.

Tnx for the excellent guide you made and who ever was involved.

Still learning tricks of the POE.

"Another quest which master do you want early in your hide out."

Did battle with act10 before cruel lab. Then some did hold my hand during cruel lab.

Did gave me a bonus again for Act10. Very slowly per say. Now Merciless needs to be done. The big negative for me is I hate LAB runs. Could not stand them.

I progressed to level 74. Need to farm currency now to get end game items and gear.

"Last question: what type of jewels we want in socket, not end game stuff."

Tnx also for answering when we need help.

I was so depressed yesterday when I could not complete act 10. Preserver is most likely the answer.

Hey :)

I always start with Elreon, Vorici and Haku. They make nice chain to convert currency from transmutation -> alteration -> jewel -> fuse. Elreons and Voricis benches are extremely useful for build also.

If you are going for rare jewels, priority should be :
- Minion damage
- Minion elemental res (20% total)
- Your resistances
- Your life / ES
- Minion block chance

After you get last specters from act epilogue, maps will be very easy :)

"
Where should i upgrade my build from here?My life is sitting at 2.8k es 4.1k. Is the next step for me getting movement speed rings? I have the jewels.

Your skill tree looks good and EHP total is very nice :)

For improvement you can :
- Link Enhance to temporal chains (number one priority)
- Get alternate (swap) amulet for boss fights
- 6 link armor
- Farm for crystal belt
- Craft / buy / farm high ES gloves with resistances
- Buy / craft prismatic rings
- Put empowers in alt weapon sockets once Flame Golems are corrupted

"
I don't really know how it works, but seems that I need like 100500 runs in uberlab to get this enchant, right? Lab is the only place in whole game which REALLY annoys me.

And if I don't use mantle (can't yet afford it), seems that this is waste of points in all these mana reductions buffs. Maybe to get another Jewel down center?

Since I'm not rich, what priorities can you give me item-wise?
— upgrade all aura links/gems
— primordial of might (expensive bitch)
— lots of harmonies
— +1 gem on boots (also 1ex minimum)

The helmet enchancement is very tricky to get. It might come from first run, or it might neven come. The merciless enhancement (20% effectiveness) is enough to get Temporal Chains up to 72%, so no need to farm uber Lab.

Luckily Vertex is one of the most popular item to enhance each league so it will eventually show up. Prices are usually 40c-2 ex as most players don't know then enhance temporal chains trick. The line of buyers will however be long (me included :P).

If you don't use Infernal mantle, I still recommend taking "Leadership" and first point in "Sovereignty" for the huge curse area buff. Without Infernal Mantle you can keep aura nodes and put 2x curses in Vertex and relocate Discipline or just take more jewels and EHP.

"

"
Anima stone gives 2.

Hey :)

Yep, Anima Stone gives 2x Golems. First for just socketing it and second when you have 3x other "Primordial" jewels socketed with it. All harmonies give Golem damage and regen to keep them alive for boss fights, so they are worth stacking.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Wouldn't it be worth it to take the 2 5% Curse Effectiveness nodes near whispers of Doom, rather than the Curse Cast Speed, to take Temporal Chains even further?
Dear Maligaro,
I left my head in San Francisco, I lost my legs in Peru
My liver and kidney are on holiday in Sydney
And I am sending my Heart to you
--- Love, Malachai
"
mika2salo wrote:
"
tomatopotato wrote:
"
mika2salo wrote:

vs. T15 Kaom

vs. T13 High Gardens

Np, all Golemancers are on the same boat anyway ^^

I tested 4x level 26 Lightning Golems with my tree, and while boss killing was faster didn't feel lightning fast (pardon my pun). Biggest grief for mob killing is that none of their skills chain. They even use arc skill... -_-

Well, I mean it's great that you're willing to test, but LVL 26 golems means you used sub-optimal links with a sub-optimal tree and came to an inaccurate conclusion. And then you passed that conclusion to others as advice. That's kinda ehh...

Anyway, back to the point. Flame and Lightning do not have the same tree, links, or playstyle. I agree that Flame is easier for mapping, but if you think Lightning is much worse, then you might be trying to play it the same style as Flame, which is inefficient. I made the same mistake too when I first tried Lightning, so it's understandable. If you just keep walking, the orbs kill mobs as you move offscreen. No need to wait until they die like on Flame.

For bosses, you can compare any boss fight on Youtube and see Lightning is way ahead, sometimes 2x faster or more, especially on megabosses where killing faster means better survivability (Guardians/Shaper/Uber Atziri). Lightning is actually the fastest Shaper killer among summoner builds atm (unless there's some secret build I haven't seen yet).

I'm not saying this cause I have something against Flame Golems. I like all the golem types actually (played extensively with all of them and done Shaper with Ice/Light/Stone). I just think it's important to pass on good/accurate info, especially with all these new players coming in.
⚡ Lightning Golems:
/1902593
⛄ Ice Golems:
/1914382
Last edited by tomatopotato on Aug 9, 2017, 8:48:47 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info