"
Manocean wrote:
"
sarahaustin wrote:
Thank goodness for Trevor Noah:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSx-N9ayCvU

this explains a lot of your posts

let me guess, thank goodness for john oliver too

awwwwh :) I remember how I used to be just like you before I entered the real world, kinda nostalgic

yup I hate all these star who think their opinion matter more than ours.

also... who the hell block a video to be viewed in Canada?

Its blocked in Canada? Damn, Trump really is closing all borders.
"
Manocean wrote:
"
sarahaustin wrote:

awwwwh :) I remember how I used to be just like you before I entered the real world, kinda nostalgic

I am in the real world, you are on planet Trump.^^
"
sarahaustin wrote:
"
Manocean wrote:
"
sarahaustin wrote:

I am in the real world of paying taxes, having a "real" job, being a completely independent individual. It's a world you haven't entered and when you do enter it you may become less hardline liberal. When I was in college I was liberal as hell, but when I entered the work force experienced a lot of other people of all colors and beliefs with a lot of different opinions every single day, started paying bills, started paying taxes, cut out cable tv, and started "real life" I found myself becoming less like the "john oliver" style of liberal slowly month by month.

The funny thing is, I guarantee I associate with a more diverse crowd than you, you just think everyone who has a different opinion than you is a white nationalist.

anything is everything
Last edited by Manocean on Feb 17, 2017, 5:05:49 PM
"
Manocean wrote:
"
sarahaustin wrote:
"
Manocean wrote:

I am in the real world of paying taxes, having a "real" job, being a completely independent individual. It's a world you haven't entered and when you do enter it you may become less hardline liberal. When I was in college I was liberal as hell, but when I entered the work force experienced a lot of other people of all colors and beliefs with a lot of different opinions every single day, started paying bills, started paying taxes, cut out cable tv, and started "real life" I found myself becoming less like the "john oliver" style of liberal slowly month by month.

The funny thing is, I guarantee I associate with a more diverse crowd than you, you just think everyone who has a different opinion than you is a white nationalist.

Lol, you talk like you know me.
"
sarahaustin wrote:

Yea that was kinda a shitty post. But let's get to know you.

How many people that you work with challenge your opinions or have different political views than you?

When I left college and came out of that huge echo chamber into a work place where there were people of all races, religions, political beliefs, the people that the media + college built up as these terrible people were actually... just nice people that didn't think the same way I did. When I was living in that intense liberal echo chamber watching Trevor Noah, John Oliver & similar personalities I used to do the exact type of postings that you do, probably even on these forums due to my account being made in 2012. I used to think I was smart and clever and shit.

I paid more attention to everything once I entered the work force, starting paying for everything myself, etc. I wasn't just in this slice of the world where everyone agreed with everything I said. Having to regularly talk to people that didn't have the same political beliefs I had had a huge effect on me, because polarized internet conversations like these on forums just seem to push people farther back into what they believe.

Have you ever been on both sides of this? Or have you always been left leaning like this? Because I've been literally licking bernie sanders' colon left in my lifetime. And now I'm more center right or libertarian.

I would say that the majority of people that I spend the most time with have different political beliefs than me, but we get along extremely well. Even my girlfriend doesn't like Donald Trump but we don't let politics control our lives. I work currently on shift with a hispanic dude, and a black dude (we both got tickets to the trump rally this weekend and might meet up there), my roommate is Chinese and my other friend that I see the most is indian, believe me, we have some interesting conversations but we never have this hatred you see on internet forums.
anything is everything
Last edited by Manocean on Feb 17, 2017, 7:19:07 PM
Watching the Democrats eat themselves alive:

Leaked Emails: Dem State Leaders Think Obama’s New Organizing Army is ‘Grade A Bullshit’

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2017/02/17/leaked-emails-dem-state-leaders-think-obama-s-new-organizing-army-is-grade-a-bullshit.html

This is giving me a schadenboner! =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
Raycheetah wrote:
Watching the Democrats eat themselves alive:

Leaked Emails: Dem State Leaders Think Obama’s New Organizing Army is ‘Grade A Bullshit’

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2017/02/17/leaked-emails-dem-state-leaders-think-obama-s-new-organizing-army-is-grade-a-bullshit.html

This is giving me a schadenboner! =^[.]^=

Dailybeast? Really now?
"
Manocean wrote:
"
sarahaustin wrote:

Yea that was kinda a shitty post. But let's get to know you.

How many people that you work with challenge your opinions or have different political views than you?

When I left college and came out of that huge echo chamber into a work place where there were people of all races, religions, political beliefs, the people that the media + college built up as these terrible people were actually... just nice people that didn't think the same way I did. When I was living in that intense liberal echo chamber watching Trevor Noah, John Oliver & similar personalities I used to do the exact type of postings that you do, probably even on these forums due to my account being made in 2012. I used to think I was smart and clever and shit.

I paid more attention to everything once I entered the work force, starting paying for everything myself, etc. I wasn't just in this slice of the world where everyone agreed with everything I said. Having to regularly talk to people that didn't have the same political beliefs I had had a huge effect on me, because polarized internet conversations like these on forums just seem to push people farther back into what they believe.

Have you ever been on both sides of this? Or have you always been left leaning like this? Because I've been literally licking bernie sanders' colon left in my lifetime. And now I'm more center right or libertarian.

I would say that the majority of people that I spend the most time with have different political beliefs than me, but we get along extremely well. Even my girlfriend doesn't like Donald Trump but we don't let politics control our lives. I work currently on shift with a hispanic dude, and a black dude (we both got tickets to the trump rally this weekend and might meet up there), my roommate is Chinese and my other friend that I see the most is indian, believe me, we have some interesting conversations but we never have this hatred you see on internet forums.

Im not left leaning, im just pro LGBT and pro minorities and poor and working class.
"
sarahaustin wrote:

Dailybeast? Really now?

*proceeds to attack sources* => Posts video links to David Pakman show.
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
"

Care to provide some examples for those of us who missed it live? This kind of surprises me, because you don't really have to quote him out of context to make him look bad.

Rather than give you a summary, this is something you can easily find on youtube. I don't care about convincing your side to see my way. We're either on the same page through our own volition, or we're not. You're not going to convince me because your side is arguing what you think is substance, when it's irrelevant, nonsensical bullshit from my perspective.

The president being unwilling or unable to speak honestly and coherently to the press for five minutes is irrelevant, nonsensical bullshit? What we have is a sitting president who ran the most flagrantly dishonest campaign in recent history essentially deciding that his next big move is to attack any press outlet that doesn't exist first and foremost to moisten his taint. Who is essentially conditioning his supporters to ignore the most substantial watchdog groups responsible for ensuring he doesn't cock everything up.

"
Something your side seems to miss, that I'm able to pick up on is that Trump is absolutely trolling the media. So "looking bad" is based purely on the perception of his intent.

Actually, we get that. We understand perfectly well what he's doing, and it is fucking terrifying. Do you understand why it's such a problem for a politician to attempt to convince people that the only person they can trust is him, and also maybe media which is explicitly sycophantic to him? Because if it works, then that politician can lie with impunity, because his base will never call him out on it. Why would they? All the people pointing out that it's a lie are all "biased" and "fake news", and the only news sources they trust are all saying that it's true. It leads to a politician who really can get away with whatever he wants, without any oversight. It leads to absurd scenarios, like Trump inventing a statistic out of whole cloth (3 million illegal voters voted in the national election) and a massive plurality of republican voters believing it. Do you want Hugo Chavez? Because this is how we get Hugo Chavez.

"
"Russia is fake news" - the media will take a comment like this and blast it out of context.

Funny, when I look to see what "the media" has to say about that comment, people are taking it accurately, in context. They are saying that Trump meant that the news outlets reporting on his connections to Russia somehow qualify as "fake news". Most of them proceed to quote his comments in pretty complete context. You want "out of context", try "you didn't build that". But again, we don't have to take Trump out of context to make his statements seem ridiculous. Trump's national security advisor just resigned because he lied to the vice president about his communications with Russia, and may have violated the law under the Logan Act. This is clearly not nothing, despite Trump's protests to the contrary.

"
And I believe these are word games he's playing with the media. He knows that regardless of what he says, they're going to look for anything to slam him on, so instead, he purposely throws out things that he knows they will bite on.

What self-defeating nonsense. The media goes after Trump because he is a powerful man in an incredibly powerful position who won't stop lying, and because they recognize how dangerous and absurd this is. I'm not convinced they would "go after him" if he stopped lying all the time, but you know what? FOX went after Obama "no matter what" and Obama didn't just give up and say, "Fuck it, I'm just going to give them utter bullshit to chew on".
Luna's Blackguards - a guild of bronies - is now recruiting! If you're a fan of our favourite chromatic marshmallow equines, hit me up with an add or whisper, and I'll invite you!
IGN: HopeYouAreFireProof

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info