Donald Trump and US politics

So, Trump admin. wants to send more fodder into Afganistan... neocon agenda taking over?

The invasion of Afganistan was a really stupid idea (only second to Iraq) and staying there for so long is even more stupid. US & NATO have been training Afganis close to 15 years now, if they aren't ready yet, they will never be ready. Fuk'em, just leave the country.

Afganis have the weapons and should have the traning / knowledge. If they also have the will to fight, then they will manage to defeat the Taliban/ISIS, else the Taliban will defeat them. Who cares. It's an irrelevant country, not worthy a single westerner life more and not a single dollar of taxpayer money more.

Stop wasting cash and putting your own people into more debt!
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Aug 24, 2017, 7:41:59 AM
The cover of a fairly popular German magazine:

They went full Lügenpresse mode lel
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Last edited by Xavderion on Aug 24, 2017, 8:54:21 AM
"
morbo wrote:
So, Trump admin. wants to send more fodder into Afganistan... neocon agenda taking over?

The invasion of Afganistan was a really stupid idea (only second to Iraq) and staying there for so long is even more stupid. US & NATO have been training Afganis close to 15 years now, if they aren't ready yet, they will never be ready. Fuk'em, just leave the country.

Afganis have the weapons and should have the traning / knowledge. If they also have the will to fight, then they will manage to defeat the Taliban/ISIS, else the Taliban will defeat them. Who cares. It's an irrelevant country, not worthy a single westerner life more and not a single dollar of taxpayer money more.

Stop wasting cash and putting your own people into more debt!

Sure let ISIS take over a whole country, you don't think that would be bad for the West at all? As well as ISIS there a large number of other terrorist organisations with bases in that region - you'd just give them all a free reign to train, recruit & prosper almost completely unhindered. It would be an incredibly short sighted move to pull out of there now.
"You want it to be one way, but it's the other way"
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
@Dalai: the "did they report it? no" is clearly false. The spin on it was "oh NOW he says it because WE pressured him into saying it and he doesn't believe it too much or he would have explicitly said racism is evil days ago," but still.

Yeah, I see I was wrong there, a clear mistake. I misread what they were saying that Trump was saying, and got that whole thing backwards. Mea Culpa. I should have slowed down a little and reread that.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
deathflower wrote:
"Study what General Pershing of the United States did to terrorists when caught. There was no more Radical Islamic Terror for 35 years!"

Trump is referring to the tale about US General John Pershing which claimed he executed Islamist militants in the Philippines using bullets smeared with pig's blood.

Let's try the Rorschach test. Is this statement true?

It was a great story. Too good to be true unfortunately.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
morbo wrote:

I thought that became obvious as soon as we bombed Syria on questionable intelligence. Team America World Police was reaffirmed and Lockheed Martin's stock price gained several points that day.

---

The Onion's comment on Afghanistan is absolutely brutal:

"
Sure let ISIS take over a whole country, you don't think that would be bad for the West at all? As well as ISIS there a large number of other terrorist organisations with bases in that region - you'd just give them all a free reign to train, recruit & prosper almost completely unhindered. It would be an incredibly short sighted move to pull out of there now.

If the only reason why ISIS or the Taliban don't take over the country, is the US presence, then you'll be there indefinitely. It already took 15 years man, 15 years. In this amount of time Europe was razed to the ground and rebuilt anew after WW2. Yet US or Afganistan can't defeat the Taliban? Of course not, because the Afghanis don't have the will to fight. US = foreigners, Taliban = their own. The US is wasting lives and money for a country that doesn't deserve shit.

ISIS / Taliban / Al-Qaeda already have bases all over the place, that's the whole issue why the war in Afganistan was such a pointelss endeavour from the start. All this time the Taliban had bases and shelter in Pakistan, that's why the US achieved nothing tangible. If you want to win, you'll have to invade every country around there, because the jihadists will always find shelter in some place. That's like Vietnam level deployment, no way the US can do that in the current times. E: Not to mention that the actual presence of foreign soldiers is perpetuating the recruitment of jihadists, it's a never ending cycle.

It's a war of attrition and the islamic extremists have all the time in the galaxy to wear the US out. They can fight for a few centuries, no problem. A pack of jihadists can tie down a whole battalion of a conventional army, and they have an infinite amount of jihadists. Learn from those who already learned the lesson: a conventinal army looses if it doesnt win, a guerilla wins if it doesnt loose.

The war in A-stan is completely pointless and doesnt benefit anyone (besides weapon manufacturers & gov. contractors). US / EU should focus the anti-islamist fight with our actual allies, people that wont backstab you, like the Christian Philippines and leave the Muslim countries to whatever doom they deserve. There is a very easy way to defend US/EU from ISIS terrorists: do not import imigrants from 3rd world islamist warzones!!

E2: I'm ok with fighting ISIS in Iraq/Syria, because there you have internal & external (regional) allies, who are willing to fight and thus the chances to defeat ISIS are realistic. A-stan already showed that it is a pointelss thing with no end in sight. If it's not ISIS who will take over, its the Taliban, so whatever, lol.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Aug 24, 2017, 1:46:58 PM
"
DalaiLama wrote:

It was a great story. Too good to be true unfortunately.

The Pershing story in its entirety probably isn't true, but something very similar likely did happen. You don't get a nickname like "Blackjack" by showing your enemies quarter.

All he probably did was hang some of them, and burned the bodies. Which wasn't completely out of the norm for the time period. It's a stark contrast compared to current times where we capture them, and send them to a resort in Cuba. Gitmo might as well be paradise compared to the primitive existence they lived previously.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Aug 24, 2017, 2:13:19 PM
Not "I really hope everyone is okay" but "I really hope the shooter is white"

GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
The saga of Pepper Balls continues:

AMA link

---

On one hand, it's still fucking hilarious. On the other, the discussion in the AMA is honestly not too bad. He felt like it was not just okay, but his civic duty to kick the canister back at the cops.

In general, I respect his free-speech-absolutism position a lot, though I think kicking the canister was a heinously stupid decision. The topic of "what do you do when your protest gets wrecked by agent provocateurs" is an interesting one.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info