Donald Trump and US politics

"
鬼殺し wrote:
This quote from politico is quite nice.
"
Something like “alt-left” was always going to happen; it’s a product of whatever it is in our brains that conditions them to think in terms of opposites. As soon as everyone starts talking about the “alt-right”—that inchoate and incoherent grouping of Nazis, Klansmen, resentful failsons sweating from video games and chicken fingers, cynical media wannabes, bloviating internet commenters who think they’re Ignatius J. Reilly, and others who think they’re the Joker—that word seems to sit on one side of a seesaw, across from a silence waiting to be filled. If there’s an alt-right, there must, somewhere, somehow, be something called an alt-left, otherwise the universe is unbalanced. And while the universe is unbalanced—everywhere, from the points of terrifying heat scattered haphazardly across a lonely void, to the murder and oppression that break out constantly across the world and are never met with justice—for a lot of mediocre intellects, good judgment basically consists of pretending that everything balances out somehow, and all the ledgers are even. Something like the alt-right sticks out, a lexical blasphemy: to put the world in order, you have to invent something equivalent on the left.
Sorry if I'm not replying directly to you. It just means you're not meeting me halfway. Yet. Keep at it though.
In terms of etymology, I think your quote is quite accurate. However, inventing a term to mirror "alt-right" is a separate animal from "inventing" a hallucination of a movement that mirrors the alt-right. The alt-left has existed for a while now and was politically active well before Charlottesville; they organized protests that turned violent in the days after Trump's election and at UC Berkeley, threatened terrorism against the DeploraBall on Inauguration Day, etc. The alt-left is old; "alt-left," the term, is new.

See also: "fake news"
"
morbo wrote:
AntiFa can be dealt with easily, you just need to use brutal police force on them - once.

As if that worked on the alt-right. (It didn't, by the way; they love the attention.) Violence only pushes extremism and drowns out moderate voices and reasoned debate. Words not swords, goddamnit! I'm all for charges and arrests and due process but brute force?!? Seriously?
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Aug 21, 2017, 12:28:35 PM
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
The tolerant left strikes again:

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/08/20/neo-nazi-haircut-anti-fascist-stabs-innocent-man-over

"

A "confused anti-fascist" swung a knife towards the face of a man with a haircut similar to the one popular with white nationalists.

Joshua Witt, 26, was getting out of his car at Steak ’n Shake in Sheridan, Colorado when a man ran over to him yelling, "Are you one of them neo-Nazis?"

The man aimed for his head over his car door, but Witt blocked the blow with his hand, which needed three stitches.

“I threw my hands up and once the knife kind of hit, I dived back into my car and shut the door and watched him run off west, behind my car."

They let a haircut trigger them. I hope this person is charged with a hate crime.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Aug 21, 2017, 1:51:32 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

As if that worked on the alt-right. (It didn't, by the way; they love the attention.) Violence only pushes extremism and drowns out moderate voices and reasoned debate. Words not swords, goddamnit! I'm all for charges and arrests and due process but brute force?!? Seriously?

Beat them till they don't even whimper. Fake fascists can't beat Real fascists. That is if you like being a fascist. But that is so not America style though.

"
DalaiLama wrote:

Sound more like a win for China.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
I'm all for charges and arrests and due process but brute force?!? Seriously?

Yea, a bit of roughing up would help their attitude. I mean they can't become more retarded than their parents already made them or hate cops more than explicitly wanting cops dead. AntiFa are loosers in real life. They are violent because their violence is being tolerated by a permissive liberal system. The police gives them a pass (in most cases so far, E: they also use numbers to get away with destruction & looting), they hide behind masks and the lefty media has their backs. That's a potent cocktail for arrogant behaviour.

There are only a few important things that the state exists for, one of them is maintaining law and order and the protection of property. AntiFa in Europe are so bold they even throw molotov cocktails at the police. That's a weapon. I'd authorise the use of lethal force in this case. I simply can't stand thugs & bullies.

Do you think this street thuggery would fly in Russia or China? No, because they would get their teeth bashed in and their squatting camps raided ba "SWAT" overnight. The west got overdozed on "human rights", to the point where criminals are treated with gloves a bit too much, imo.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Aug 21, 2017, 3:12:05 PM
Pretty sure this is an impeachable offence, Drumpf is finished.

GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
The Expert has seen some shit.

GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
deleted - No point in spoiling a great day with politics.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
Last edited by DalaiLama on Aug 22, 2017, 12:36:43 AM
Eh. 4K more troops will do nothing but delay our defeat a tad. Taliban rules 75% of the country now. Very disappointed in Trump who campaigned on getting us out of there. Guess MIC wins again.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/08/21/trump-to-unveil-afghanistan-strategy-in-pivotal-speech.html
Git R Dun!
The name Donald means "Ruler of the World".

https://www.behindthename.com/name/donald

This means that Donald Trump is cosmically ordained to rule. It's been his destiny since birth. The haters don't understand that there are greater forces of the universe at work here.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info