Donald Trump and US politics

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Wrong.

There is a difference between the ones who come up with the agenda, and the ones who blindly follow and promote it. The ones you see out in the streets rioting, burning cars, smashing store windows, and spray painting swastikas on legitimate businesses are in the later category.

Although I agree with you that the ones coming up with the agendas have ulterior motives. Etc, they're using race/sex/religion/sexual orientation to mask their true agendas. This wouldn't work without a massive quantity of idiots to blindly follow it. That's the left. And this is what I was referring to in the post you quoted.

The right does the same thing. They use Christianity, and chauvinism to promote their agendas among the idiot masses. And yeah, Trump took advantage of both to get elected.

I personally don't care for religion, or chauvinism. I just like government policies that make sense. The right, more often than not, is the more rational of the two. Putting your own nations interests above that of other nations isn't chauvinism, that's common sense. Like "duh" and "derp". Even "Herp derp!".
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Jan 29, 2017, 5:33:01 PM
"
innervation wrote:
"
TheAnuhart wrote:

Shit, you are right.

That absolutely concludes that if any and all votes that were illegal on both sides were undone, there would be a 3 million shift in the popular vote.

That wasn't your claim, mister goal-post-mover man. You asked for a source on illegal voting.

Context, read where it came from. I wouldn't ask for a source that 1 person managed to illegally vote once upon a time. The context was quite obviously the 3 million unfounded, made up, completely false claim that that stupid crazy fucker Trump is rattling on about.
Casually casual.

"
sarahaustin wrote:
Trump is a dictator. This is only the beginning.

I should know better than debate with *Austin, but can you explain how is Trump a dictator?

When you use words like fascist, nazi and dictator all the time, you devalue the meaning of the words, which then loose the supposed effect and make the audience eventually numb. After "literally Hitler" there is nothing else you can use to make your point stronger and you just look ridiculous in the first place.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
Context, read where it came from. I wouldn't ask for a source that 1 person managed to illegally vote once upon a time. The context was quite obviously the 3 million unfounded, made up, completely false claim that that stupid crazy fucker Trump is rattling on about.

Right. Well in context, Aim_Deep said 'may' - not exactly a bold claim. You saw what Scrotie linked which is the most scientific thing I've seen yet, and it suggested almost 1 million. When you're dealing with something this hard to track, I don't find it objectionable to say that it may have been quite a lot more, or even less. But again, given what we know from other sources like the ones I linked, more seems more likely than less.

Speaking of the two I linked, let's not act like they implicate just 1 person voting illegally. The clinton campaign wouldn't devote the resources of two full time staffers + whatever volunteers they can muster to combat just a little voter fraud. And that was just one state. Throw out deep red and deep blue states and multiply that resource allocation by ~15 to see how seriously the Clinton camp took this threat. And again - that's among friends and party members in a primary, not the higher stakes general against sworn enemies.
Last edited by innervation on Jan 29, 2017, 5:55:16 PM
Well you guys need to upgrade your voting system, or maybe downgrade it to pen & paper? Because if people can show up to vote in multiple places and without IDs coupled with official citations, then this is some wild west shit. Or dip people's fingers in paint after voting, like they do it for eg. in Afghanistan :)
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
morbo wrote:
"
sarahaustin wrote:
Trump is a dictator. This is only the beginning.

I should know better than debate with *Austin, but can you explain how is Trump a dictator?

When you use words like fascist, nazi and dictator all the time, you devalue the meaning of the words, which then loose the supposed effect and make the audience eventually numb. After "literally Hitler" there is nothing else you can use to make your point stronger and you just look ridiculous in the first place.

Can you explain how he isnt a dictator? Steve Bannon is in his ear and he is a "Leninist".
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
There is a difference between the ones who come up with the agenda, and the ones who blindly follow and promote it. The ones you see out in the streets rioting, burning cars, smashing store windows, and spray painting swastikas on legitimate businesses are in the later category.

Although I agree with you that the ones coming up with the agendas have ulterior motives. Etc, they're using race/sex/religion/sexual orientation to mask their true agendas. This wouldn't work without a massive quantity of idiots to blindly follow it. That's the left. And this is what I was referring to in the post you quoted.
Getting brainwashed isn't really about a general lack of intelligence, it's about poor epistemological ethics — that is, the ethics of allocating trust. Some of the people with the most knowledge have gotten that way by absorbing all around them rather indescriminately, trusting almost all sources; conversely, those more skeptical tend to have less raw knowledge (in some cases, very little indeed) in exchange for a better truth-to-falsity ratio.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jan 29, 2017, 6:20:14 PM
"
sarahaustin wrote:
Can you explain how he isnt a dictator?

Well maybe cause he was democratically elected, for starters? And because the governmental branches are still intact and functioning as supposed? I dont se any military on the street either.

But enlighten me how is he a dictator, using examples not just wild claims.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
Bars wrote:

I'm afraid you are right.
I'm old enough to remember what his old man did. He almost destroyed the country. Anyone remember 19% interest rates and "official" bilingualism?
Now the tail wags the dog. It doesn't bode well for a country when the minority rules the majority.
There will always be an undercurrent of resentment by the majority in your country as in English Canada.
It's not wise for Republicans to be rubbing it in as they do.

I think your President may have a little frontal lobe atrophy.
That's just a layman's observation of course.
He seems to have a distinct lack of compassion and an inability to admit mistakes.

Good or bad it's going to be a long four years.

"
fozziex wrote:
"
Bars wrote:

I'm afraid you are right.
I'm old enough to remember what his old man did. He almost destroyed the country. Anyone remember 19% interest rates and "official" bilingualism?
Now the tail wags the dog. It doesn't bode well for a country when the minority rules the majority.
There will always be an undercurrent of resentment by the majority in your country as in English Canada.
It's not wise for Republicans to be rubbing it in as they do.

I think your President may have a little frontal lobe atrophy.
That's just a layman's observation of course.
He seems to have a distinct lack of compassion and an inability to admit mistakes.

Good or bad it's going to be a long four years.

I'm so proud I voted for Harper, I used to vote for the liberals before but not anymore not after the sponsorships scandal.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info