Donald Trump and US politics

Here you go. You know you are not helping your case, right?

Spoiler
Dear Sir Washington, August 22, 1862.

I have just read yours of the 19th. addressed to myself through the New-York Tribune. If there be in it any statements, or assumptions of fact, which I may know to be erroneous, I do not, now and here, controvert them. If there be in it any inferences which I may believe to be falsely drawn, I do not now and here, argue against them. If there be perceptable in it an impatient and dictatorial tone, I waive it in deference to an old friend, whose heart I have always supposed to be right.

As to the policy I “seem to be pursuing” as you say, I have not meant to leave any one in doubt.

I would save the Union. I would save it the shortest way under the Constitution. The sooner the national authority can be restored; the nearer the Union will be “the Union as it was.” If there be those who would not save the Union, unless they could at the same time save slavery, I do not agree with them. If there be those who would not save the Union unless they could at the same time destroy slavery, I do not agree with them. My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not either to save or to destroy slavery. If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that. What I do about slavery, and the colored race, I do because I believe it helps to save the Union; and what I forbear, I forbear because I do not believe it would help to save the Union. I shall do less whenever I shall believe what I am doing hurts the cause, and I shall do more whenever I shall believe doing more will help the cause. I shall try to correct errors when shown to be errors; and I shall adopt new views so fast as they shall appear to be true views.

I have here stated my purpose according to my view of official duty; and I intend no modification of my oft-expressed personal wish that all men every where could be free. Yours,

A. LINCOLN
Censored.
What exactly would that case be?

That Lincoln made a strategic, mid-war shift to turn slavery as the hot topic during the war. While Union ships blockaded major Confederate ports, making it to where Britain couldn't aid them as they wanted to - Lincoln then shifted his sights on controlling resources the Confederates were using to fuel their Army from the inside. (I live in the Deep South, so it's a topic I've researched a lot. Let me know if I got any of these details wrong - it's been awhile since I researched any of it.)

The easiest way to do this would be to cause commotion and interrupt their labor efforts. The Emancipation Proclamation did just this. It gave confederate slaves a reason to try and defect across union lines.

This is the argument that I've made in the posts about the Civil War on here. The Civil War wasn't started due to Lincoln's want to free slaves, it was due to a number of issues that the progressive Republicans and Southern Democrats couldn't agree upon.

What I did state was that the major goal by the middle/end of the war was Lincoln abolishing slavery. It was his joker card. It appeased the Northern States, for the most part, while weaving discord into the Confederate States labor force.
Last edited by Elynole on May 1, 2017, 4:44:23 PM
Many of the southern states declaration of secession and the constitution they wrote makes it seem pretty clear it was about slavery.

The new constitution has put at rest, forever, all the agitating questions relating to our peculiar institution African slavery as it exists amongst us the proper status of the negro in our form of civilization. This was the immediate cause of the late rupture and present revolution.

Our new government is founded upon exactly the opposite idea; its foundations are laid, its corner- stone rests, upon the great truth that the negro is not equal to the white man; that slavery subordination to the superior race is his natural and normal condition. This, our new government, is the first, in the history of the world, based upon this great physical, philosophical, and moral truth
Last edited by SnowCrash on May 1, 2017, 6:21:37 PM
That's some nice trolling:

Spoiler
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
That's some nice trolling:

Spoiler

If these libs can make up their gender on the spot for their license, why cant she choose an imaginary religion lol 10/10 trolling
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGpZSefYvwM

Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
TheWretch wrote:

I just became gay for that fucking white male.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
kolyaboo wrote:
Arguing with the history minor now? ROFL

Don't be that guy!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_authority
anything is everything
Last edited by Manocean on May 1, 2017, 7:48:06 PM
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
TheWretch wrote:

I just became gay for that fucking white male.

She's very cute. Pretty based too :)
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Meanwhile, Corporatist shill Bill Whittle explains... Corporations:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42N7zq5wMa4

=^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
Antifa Gets arrested in 15 Seconds after Assaulting Trump Supporter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H27Ul9ZsHk

Note the victim pleading of the assailant and his friends ("It was self-defense"*), demonstrating their pathological tendency toward lying (or the projection of their own, violent tendencies). Also present was one of the Antifa terrorists caught on camera conspiring to attack the Trump inaugural with acid.

Nice to see the cops don't mess around when they catch these scumbags in the act.

Best comment on the vid:
"
kimmer61 week ago
Antifa stands for Anti First Amendment in case you don't know.

=^[.]^=

*Same guys who don't even believe in an individual's right to self-defense.
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info