7k fusings later, a 6L

2791 fusings on my chest so far and no luck. At this rate i won't even get to start that new toon i've been planning for one month before the end of the league. Pathetic.

My previous attempt at 6 linking i had to give up after 2300 (Perandus).

Then the attempt before that i got my 6 link after 3300 fusings (Talisman).

It's like our account is flagged at having bad RNG.

One 6 link out of my last 8391 fusings is ridiculous.

GGG should implement a 5 link counter on an item, when it reach 10 times 5 link then you automatically get that fucking 6 link once and for all. Pretty sure that kind of RNG has made peoples quit. Is that what GGG wants?

My current chest :

I gave up and i'm now saving my fusings to use that fucking piece of shit Vorici whom everyone calls a rip off.
Last edited by Krayken on Jan 29, 2017, 12:38:34 PM
Mechanics that make you spam some item/button repetedly until you get the desired result were never fun for me. And some form of this slot machine is in majority of online games (and honestly, rng gold sinks, how can those be fun, ever?). Thank god for Vorici bench. I still remember GGG asking stuff like "If there was an option to pay 150 fusings for 100% result, would you rather do that?" and "How about 1500?".
✠ ✠
"
Krayken wrote:
I gave up and i'm now saving my fusings to use that fucking piece of shit Vorici whom everyone calls a rip off.

Well obviously they are wrong to call him that. Strange that you don't see that after what you spent.
"
Qiox wrote:
"
Krayken wrote:

Well obviously they are wrong to call him that. Strange that you don't see that after what you spent.

What I mean is that why, for the vast majority of players, Vorci is considered a rip off while for me it's considered a something like a 80% discount? This is so frustrating to have to put up 5 times the effort of the common mortal for the same result. Oh yeah I remember now that before the talisman league my previous 6 link attempt resulted about in 2k fuses followed by giving up and using vorici. The last time i got a 6 link in a relatively normal amount of fusings was more than 3 years ago. Why did my luck never turn on in more than 3 years?
Last edited by Krayken on Jan 29, 2017, 12:50:50 PM
Love people that first are to greedy to just use vorici and then when they don't get it within 1500 claim they should just get it for free. Besides most of the time when someone claims a number, you can safely half it and you are probably closer to the real number.
RNG dependent events in games/leisure activities require safeguards at the extreme end of the unlucky tail in order to maximize player motivation/retention/enjoyment/positive word of mouth.

Larger more successful companies know this. Blizzard triggers rewards for very unlucky players after various conditions are met in hearthstone for pack opening and d3 for legendary drops (and other things).

Failing to do this will cost you customers. A normal probability distribution curve will result in 5% of players being outside 2 standard deviations of the mean (2.5% at the unlucky end; and probably most player tolerances for bad RNG are somewhere between 1 and 2 standard deviations, meaning more than 2.5% of players experience a game ending event).

Apparently GGG is willing to lose at least 2.5% of customers to very unpleasant RNG experiences. If they were a public company with investors pushing to maximize shareholder value, this would change over night. Private ownership gives GGG the freedom to make poor business decisions.
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
Last edited by Vhlad on Jan 29, 2017, 1:12:55 PM

These are just a few of the 9 or 10 things I've now 6L this league. I've spent up to 2K on one item, but also as little as 20. RNG is RNG. Sometimes it doesn't work in your favor, and you babyrage on the forums. Sometimes it does.
U MAD?
"
Kev265 wrote:

you chose to gamble, don't hate the game for giving you a choice.

nail on head
Favourite armour? Hmmm, I forget it's name, but it's that scarlet one that whatsherface wears when she wants to look splendid.

I like Marmite.
Those are mine you bully!
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
I have the solution. This will work for everyone. The question is this though, will you have enough self-discipline to apply this to yourself?

I posited that they should just implement a (if no 6l with 2000 fuses rule, make the 2000th one be a 6l guaranteed!)

Heres the thing though, we can already do this.

Vorici = 1500 fusings right?

So save up 2000 fuses. TAKE 500 OF THOSE and attempt a 6l.
After your 500th, if you don't get a 6L, GO TO VORICI.

BAM! Guaranteed 6L in 2k fuses. Done and Done.

You were able to use 500 fuses to "gamble" and try to get lucky, and ended up using 1500 for vorici any way.

In all, you used 2k fuses - but you got a 6l, with a decent chance of possibly getting lucky and using significantly less.

In a matter of thinking we have to adapt or die. I am trying to help you all adapt.

You can thank me in the afterlife, when we are all in Valhalla.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info