7k fusings later, a 6L

"
neonive wrote:
6 linking is like the last thing not casualized this game, and actually it is buffed considering quality dosnt go 0% after every fuse.
My point is uniques are nearly worthless. 6L is one of the few things worth anything.. They used to be 20ex+ actually... now they are only 5ex+ So best not to casualize any more. Use a tabula if you must.

(I'm saying this from the shit end of RNG myself)

6 links have been totally casualized by divination cards. 6 linking hasnt been, but the result, the 6L item is completely fucked in value thanks to div cards. Once you hit 2500 fusing cost, I dont feel like you can argue that is a casual cost when you can buy a 6L body armour from cards for less than an exalt, you can self farm one in a day from merciless crematorium.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
neonive wrote:
6 linking is like the last thing not casualized this game, and actually it is buffed considering quality dosnt go 0% after every fuse.
My point is uniques are nearly worthless. 6L is one of the few things worth anything.. They used to be 20ex+ actually... now they are only 5ex+ So best not to casualize any more. Use a tabula if you must.

6 links have been totally casualized by divination cards. 6 linking hasnt been, but the result, the 6L item is completely fucked in value thanks to div cards. Once you hit 2500 fusing cost, I dont feel like you can argue that is a casual cost when you can buy a 6L body armour from cards for less than an exalt, you can self farm one in a day from merciless crematorium.

Don't make me make like 5 6L cards!
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Rumthorp wrote:
My point is a game shouldn't set you up for failure like this. These experiences are what drives people away from this game. Even long time vets like me.

If you can't handle the consequences of gambling, don't gamble. You can buy six-links from other people or use vorici. Getting fucked like you did sucks, BUT it also makes the times when you get lucky a lot more enjoyable.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
neonive wrote:

This is totally true. Dapper prodigy alone can be self farmed in an hour if you have the residence maps for it.

That said for items like carcass jack your best bet is buying it 6l from someone else. Even cheaper if you have specific colors in mind and buy it corrupted.
6Linking not having entropy system at this point is mind boggling.

But you can do Shapur on 5L?! Try that without double dipping, son. :D
Other than that, tell me how fun spending 5k fuses is, getting literally nothing back.

"
ladish wrote:
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
neonive wrote:

This is totally true. Dapper prodigy alone can be self farmed in an hour if you have the residence maps for it.

That said for items like carcass jack your best bet is buying it 6l from someone else. Even cheaper if you have specific colors in mind and buy it corrupted.

This is why we can't have nice things - instead of talking about the issue (which is retarded RNG for 6Linking) you instead talk about some unrelated things like but you can get it in other ways.
This is not relevant. We are talking about using Fusings the way they were meant to be used, and how bad RNG is for them.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on Jan 30, 2017, 1:33:49 AM
Entropy is a terrible thing to introduce to this game...
U MAD?
"
Docbp87 wrote:
Entropy is a terrible thing to introduce to this game...

Tell me all about entropy being bad for Evasion. It is the only reason Evasion can be played (somewhat).

If you think spending 3k fusings on one 6L is bad for the game, I'd love to ask you why you think that.
"
Perq wrote:
"
ladish wrote:
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

This is why we can't have nice things - instead of talking about the issue (which is retarded RNG for 6Linking) you instead talk about some unrelated things like but you can get it in other ways.
This is not relevant. We are talking about using Fusings the way they were meant to be used, and how bad RNG is for them.

You can use vorici and pay 1.5* the median fusing cost or you can try your luck to get it in 1 or 1000000 fusings. It isn't complicated.

A bigger issue (like the one I was referring to above) is how divination cards have skewed the 6link economy so that paying 1500 fusings is no longer a semi-reasonable option.

If your concern is that 1500 is too high a cost for a 6link then say so, don't bitch and moan about the unfairness of rng in a game fundamentally built around rng.
Last edited by ladish on Jan 30, 2017, 2:01:08 AM
I don't have a problem with RNG when it comes to generating levels and/or items. I have a problem when the outcome of 100h of gameplay is determined by a coin flip. And yes, well, I Vorici everything after spending 5k Fusings.

It is simply the case of being on the wrong side of Gaussian curve. Most people will have a decent experience, some will have unbelievable luck, but most likely the same amount will have a shitty experience. The idea is to lower the average a bit, and get rid of the left side - it isn't fun to ones involved.
So again - don't buff stuff (because it is already too much, as you said), but don't fuck over people with RNG.

RNG is a very fun tool when used properly. But it is also very frustrating when used for RNG's sake. I, personally, like RNG based systems, but it doesn't mean I like getting fucked over. It is just that RNG gives you something else every time. It doesn't have to be shit, tho.
No one is forcing you to flip that coin though.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info