7k fusings later, a 6L

GGG upped the RNG gambling factor years ago to make rolling your own 6L more sporadic. Seems that players were mentally counting cards fusings to tilt the odds of winning (getting a 6L) in their favor. Not sure how that was accomplished. Buying a 6L item is always your best bet (damn... where the hell is the seller?!)... rats, we're fuck'd again. SIGH!  :)
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
Rumthorp wrote:
Over 5k now. At this point I'm morbidly curious how much I can spend before I get it.

You can talk about how gamblers should be punished for using fusing orbs but when it goes beyond 3k it passes from punishment to sadism.

When you hit 3k you've already paid your due. You lost. But the game won't stop there. You're still at least 1500 fusing away from a guaranteed 6l. That's 4500 fusing. Every fusing you throw at it ends up bringing you further from your goal. Do you think that's good design?

If GGG wants fusing to be used like this then they expect at least a small percentage of players will be this unlucky. They are planning on destroying their desire to keep playing.

I'm not even talking about myself specifically. I wouldn't want another player to experience this. But they do.

Ultimately this is a game. If a game sets up scenarios where some of the players can walk away feeling like they just wasted a month and a half then it needs to be changed.

You can't handle the RNG dude.You may hit it in 10k fusing and it wouldn't be the games fault,but your addiction to gamble "1 more".

Wouldn't you essentially complete 3 6ls by now?Is the game,or your brain fucking you up right now?
Bye bye desync!
Last edited by elwindakos on Jan 29, 2017, 6:50:05 AM
I blame the community for making 6L feel like it was necessary and deserved rather than a bonus for people who got very lucky. If I was a designer, I'd have fusings not work on 5Ls.
I believe you. I could potentially spend 10k fusing on this item and never get a 6l.

The question is why does this exist? What purpose does allowing such horrible RNG decide someone's progression?

Is the lesson to never use fusing orbs to 6l other than with vorici? If that's true then why allow fusing to be used normally in the first place? To trap players?

With pure RNG it's always failure or success. You either beat the odds get get your 6l with less than 1500 or potentially never get it at all unless you spend 1500 on the recipe.

When you've already spent 5000 fusing orbs on a failed 6l it feels wrong to half to cough up another 1500 if you want the pain to stop.

I argue there should be a safety measure built in. After a certain threshold of fusing spent the item should automatically 6l.
IGN: Rumthorp
Stream Channel: www.twitch.tv/rumthorp
Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Rumthorp
''Fuck Vorici'' - Spends 5k fusings no results

lul
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Rumthorp wrote:
I believe you. I could potentially spend 10k fusing on this item and never get a 6l.

The question is why does this exist? What purpose does allowing such horrible RNG decide someone's progression?

Is the lesson to never use fusing orbs to 6l other than with vorici? If that's true then why allow fusing to be used normally in the first place? To trap players?

With pure RNG it's always failure or success. You either beat the odds get get your 6l with less than 1500 or potentially never get it at all unless you spend 1500 on the recipe.

When you've already spent 5000 fusing orbs on a failed 6l it feels wrong to half to cough up another 1500 if you want the pain to stop.

I argue there should be a safety measure built in. After a certain threshold of fusing spent the item should automatically 6l.

Fusings were the initial way to get a 6l.In the past it was way worse.Due to players demand and after many patches,vorici got introduced.

Now,would you even come here to complain if you made 6l with 10 fusings?or hell,1 fusing?i have seen that also.No.You would come here and brag about how lucky you were.OR you would make some exalts easily by trading and noone would have to endure a thread like this talking about the principle of gambling.

No.You dont get to have your guarananteed weighted 6l.By even having that much currency(mind you,a new player that you brought into the argument,wouldnt even dream to have that amount),you made a consious choice to let it in randomness rather than safety of 1500,which is still an enormous amount but its fair when it is guaranteed.

So again,no.You dont deserve a 6l.Next time stop at 5l and be happy with the result,or jsut use it all for making your wet dream come true.

Just dont let this wet thingy be in forum tears
Bye bye desync!
"
Rumthorp wrote:
I'm here to vent. I just burned most of what I spent the past month and a half earning on trying to 6l a chest piece.

I'm pissed

I'm tired

I fucking hate the RNG baked into the game with the link crafting. You chest piece is usually you prime source of damage. If it loses its links you're fucked. The only reasonable way to TRY to get a 6l is to gamble away your 5l and hope you end up with a 5l by the time you run out of currency. That's bad design in my opinion.

But vorici!

Fuck vorici. A 6 socket item should keep a running tally of how many fusing it's had used on it. If it breaks the 1.5k threshhold GIVE US THE FUCKING 6L.

In before git good, go back to diablo, just save up 1500 fusings. My point is a game shouldn't set you up for failure like this. These experiences are what drives people away from this game. Even long time vets like me.

*Update:
Over 5k now. At this point I'm morbidly curious how much I can spend before I get it.

You can talk about how gamblers should be punished for using fusing orbs but when it goes beyond 3k it passes from punishment to sadism.

When you hit 3k you've already paid your due. You lost. But the game won't stop there. You're still at least 1500 fusing away from a guaranteed 6l. That's 4500 fusing. Every fusing you throw at it ends up bringing you further from your goal. Do you think that's good design?

If GGG wants fusing to be used like this then they expect at least a small percentage of players will be this unlucky. They are planning on destroying their desire to keep playing.

I'm not even talking about myself specifically. I wouldn't want another player to experience this. But they do.

Ultimately this is a game. If a game sets up scenarios where some of the players can walk away feeling like they just wasted a month and a half then it needs to be changed.

I know you just venting but GGG won't do such a "console" casualization.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
I blame the community for making 6L feel like it was necessary and deserved rather than a bonus for people who got very lucky. If I was a designer, I'd have fusings not work on 5Ls.

No, blame GGG for doubling down on map grind from 90 to 100 that forces us all to have super high DPS so we can speed run maps to grind xp. But GGG has coded themselves into a corner and have no way out of this mess and thus rolling your own 6L is always an RNG fuck-fest. My first time I corrupted a 6S bow I got:

If I corrupt another 1000 6S bows I'll probably never get another 6L. That's the way RNG fails in PoE and always will fail. I've always advocated that items that can have 6 sockets include a stat that keeps track of the number of fusings already used factored in to increase our chance of a 6L the more fusings are used on it. so over time as you sink more fusings into an item you would increase your odds that the next fusing used would produce a 6L. Something like this:

IF {links formula} + fusings_used / 1500 > 1.00 then result_is_6L
++fusings_used

; links formula generates a number between 0 and 1

I know this is a gross oversimplification of the link rolling formulas but you can get the gist of this by seeing that as more and more fusings are used on an item the higher the chance is that the next fusing used will result in a number > 1 and thus get us the 6L we are gambling for. More likely the divisor most likely need to be 3000 so that the at 1500 fusings thrown at the item the odds of getting a 6L would increase by only 50% as normal randomness would net us a 6L long before a guaranteed 6L if 1500 was used.

The other added benefit of a fusings_used stat is that the sale value of the item goes up over time as we can see that an item up for sale has already had x number of fuses used on it and thus be able to decide if it's worth continuing to fuse it for a 6L. This would also make it easier to mentally weigh the pro/cons to continue to fuse the item when it rolls a 5L.

I proposed this many years ago so it'll never happen but it's my PoE pipe dream of a better way to handle fusings so we don't get players like the OP pissed off and quitting after sinking 5K of fusings on an item and not getting a 6L.

Edit: Burning through 5K of fusings and not getting a 6L or some one getting a 6L in less than 100 is way too wild of RNG in the formulas and is a classic PoE failure on GGG's part. We never want an easy-peasy arpg but some of the extremes in PoE are just way over the top insane and wrong.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on Jan 29, 2017, 1:34:14 PM
few weeks later "15k+ fusing, no 6l" i can just see it already xD

don't people know some items are cursed?
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D
oh hey. cheers. I had a super bad run of RNG across leagues and my lesson learnt? never try to 6l an item.

Why? Because spanning from anarchy league to perandus league + many mini ragequits, I spent 18,000 fuse and finally got 1x 6L.

Hope in fusing luck restored. Not.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info