7k fusings later, a 6L

"
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
neonive wrote:
6 linking is like the last thing not casualized this game, and actually it is buffed considering quality dosnt go 0% after every fuse.
My point is uniques are nearly worthless. 6L is one of the few things worth anything.. They used to be 20ex+ actually... now they are only 5ex+ So best not to casualize any more. Use a tabula if you must.

(I'm saying this from the shit end of RNG myself)

6 links have been totally casualized by divination cards. 6 linking hasnt been, but the result, the 6L item is completely fucked in value thanks to div cards. Once you hit 2500 fusing cost, I dont feel like you can argue that is a casual cost when you can buy a 6L body armour from cards for less than an exalt, you can self farm one in a day from merciless crematorium.

Don't make me make like 5 6L cards!

Random 6l item - div card confirmed
Spreading salt since 2006
I played this game with break since closed beta. I estimate well over 2000 hours spent in this game. First ever 6L I obtain outside of Tabula Rasa happened in this league. I dropped my first ever 6L. I also manually 6-linked 2 other items and bought 4th 6L (chest) later in a league for my Cycloner. Breach has spoiled me and I fear how I will deal with 6-links, or their lack, in future leagues.

I honestly think there should be way to get 6L other than gambling with your luck or spending 1500 on Vorici.

I thought 5L was all that was needed for solid character to work but Breach showed me that only with 6L you truly use your character's potential. 5L forces you to make hard choices that will impact your character. Some builds can compensate by spending points in skill tree but some builds dont have such flexibility.

GGG should do something with useless 5Ls that unless they drop in first week or 2 are vendored or left on ground. Every 5L vendored should give you a fragment/currency that when combined enough pieces would give you 6L. Chest and 2H weapons would give different orbs so they specifically apply to its own type of item. The count is something to balance this out but given rarity of 5L, I imagine you would need 12 to 20 pieces of this new currency in order to get 6L.
haven't read all pages (first 3 only), but i agree with op.

It both slightly hurts company by making leave some players when rng is screwing with them and simply frustrates players with same bad rng.

Its kinda weird to me that people are against changing stuff, it can be changed in a way that average 6 link cost remains the same and it no longer will screw around with bad rng on players. Why not change it?

My personal fusing rng change would be- increasing chance of six linking on each fusing spent and reduced chance to fuse on firsts. Will throw a board to see it more clearly:

fusings spent 0 100 200 300 ... 1500 ... 3000 ..
current chance 1x 1x 1x 1x ... 1x ... 1x ...
changed chance 0.2x 0.3x 0.4 0.5x ... 1.5x ... 3x ...

In this way there would be fewer players getting unearned yolo 6 link in under 100 fusings and would reduce players spending over 3k.

ps. did not checked if changed chances holds the same average cost. Also chance function (mathematical) could be made with higher degree which would further reduce the players falling on either side of luck. This change would also require indicator like quality to know where the item is at.
Last edited by Andrius319 on Jan 30, 2017, 6:39:27 AM
"
Rumthorp wrote:

I'm pissed

I'm tired

Final Update:

+

=

Total fusing used: ~7000
Moral: Always use vorici

Yesterday I bought the same piece and wanted to 6-link it too. Only I just had 20 fuses (yeah I know) and thought "Gonna try those measly 20, ya never know." Well it didn't 6-link - obviously - and I was going to try it again later on with a lot more fuses. But... Your post just saved me all frustration, thanks! You made one person happy today.

And I know, your RNG'ness doesn't have to be mine, but still.

Thanks again!
Last edited by SillyHollow on Jan 30, 2017, 6:25:56 AM
It took me 1 (one) fusing to 6 link Carcass Jack, rofl. But i do agree, this kind of RNG kills the game.
"
Zloberik wrote:
It took me 1 (one) fusing to 6 link Carcass Jack, rofl. But i do agree, this kind of RNG kills the game.

That's insane. I'm fine with that kind of RNG (now, because I only spent a few) but I can understand that this also infuriates some people because they spent more than 5K
I try to never plan a build that NEED a six link to work. And if I want to go for one, I make sure I have a 5 linked backup to use while Im slamming my fusings on my endgame chest piece/weapon.

And although its always best to go for the Vorici craft; I personally don't have the patience to save up all those fusings in one go. I tend to spend them as fast as I find em.

So far I've been lucky to roll 2 six links this league with less than 700 fusings each time (estimated). But my current fuse sink; a nicely rolled carcass jack have so far devoured around 2k fusings and I bet I will be done with this league before I finally hit 6 links on it.
I like gambling in this game because it's possible to win big. If you remove that then it will become boring as fuck. Why even bother then?
Moral of story is only gamble what you can afford to lose like IRL.

Then cry threads or regrets never start. I dont regret anything because I play this way.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jan 30, 2017, 6:53:36 AM

The fucking moral is if you have the ability to by pass RNG you fucking do so you don't gamble lol

Vorici is like why the fuck didn't you just use me lul
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info