We are seeing first hand why GGG needs to step in..

"
Some reddit moron thinks the ex card is super farmable etc that's why it's dropping HAHA oh my god that is hilarious.

While I'm witnessing bots go off and on with 2 friends of mine granted I'm playing Witcher as I do lol

Lol. Reddit has gone downhill massively.
“No matter where you are in life, no matter what you’ve contributed to creating, no matter what’s happening, you are always doing the best you can with the understanding and awareness and knowledge that you have.”

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
"
Huh some of these aren't even people no joke there.
I spent nearly 2 hours trying to see if any of them would respond and actually sell, theyre all just AFK/Non-Responsive/Auto message with "out of chaos".

But all of them are listing at market. It's annoying.

In-game trade system must be introdused. Use a third party resources to make a everyday things in 2017 - is nonsense.

Also if my '1c stuff', to sell that I not leave a map, are selling without my participation - I'll be happy. And other players also be happy to buy cheap things in few seconds.
E = mc^(OMG)/wtf
"
Semune wrote:

This is killing the game, because trading is such a massive part of it, if GGG doesn't step in and do something it will cause a lot of people to leave, it won't be "the end of the game", but it will turn people away, which as a business you want to mitigate losses as much as possible.

I understand the frustration (and have felt it myself long before poe.trade even existed).
Being confronted with obvious greed 24/7 and people trying to overprice their stuff or scam you out of your stuff cheaply has driven me away from the trade game as early as open beta.

While I´m not saying it´s good, I don´t see how you´d avoid it without an inappropriate amount of observation and control, and for that there needs to be rules that nobody has made yet.

In my first guild we had a real asshole, he always offerd us guildmates items at twice the market price (Tabula was 2 ex back then, he wanted 4 ex from his "guild buddies" !)

All you can do is identify the assholes and ignore them. Hmm, kinda impossible to ignore these guys, though, when they post on trade and everyone sees their stuff, right ?

But : how do you regulate this without introducing rules, a "police" and court system that handles it ? And would such stuff really be good for the game, or rather take it one step too far into real life, while in reality we´re only dealing with pixels for pixels and no real material value is involved ?

A flagging system could be highly abusable, like I said, people might get into trouble just because they took a dump without typing /afk brb and someone else gets so upset they flag them.
Wouldnt it be a massive pain to deal with those requests ? And to what benefit when all the scammer needs to do is open another account ?

The way I see it, we just have to deal with it as is. Btw, there´s plenty non-manipulators that spend too much time afk as well, whispering people and not getting replies has become an everyday experience when trying to shop for items.
"
DoEFotGS wrote:
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
"
Huh some of these aren't even people no joke there.
I spent nearly 2 hours trying to see if any of them would respond and actually sell, theyre all just AFK/Non-Responsive/Auto message with "out of chaos".

But all of them are listing at market. It's annoying.

In-game trade system must be introdused. Use a third party resources to make a everyday things in 2017 - is nonsense.

Also if my '1c stuff', to sell that I not leave a map, are selling without my participation - I'll be happy. And other players also be happy to buy cheap things in few seconds.

This, so much.

The worst thing about upgrading gems/doing a new build is buying like 15 gems that you need. Whispering everyone 1 by 1, half of them being afk, then you get 5 invites at once just for 1 gem. So annoying lol.
“No matter where you are in life, no matter what you’ve contributed to creating, no matter what’s happening, you are always doing the best you can with the understanding and awareness and knowledge that you have.”

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
Last edited by OhhPaigey on Jan 8, 2017, 10:55:48 PM
"

I'm not saying punish these players in-game.

I'm saying blacklist them from poe.trade.

That would be punishing them in game. Same thing

ALSO, what some people here seem to be forgetting is that accounts are free to make. So if that xyz guy blacklists an account, it takes nothing to create another and continue on.
top traders voting for players having to sell for the advertised price seems legit.
wouldn't have expected otherwise, who doesn't want to profit from mistakes other players do.

i haven't seen anybody mentioning the positive effects those fake offers have.

and somebody has to explain to me what negative effects these fake offers have if they lead to newbs offering their items too low if everybody can buy the cheap stuff?
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
It gets posted a lot that GGG likes their trade to be cutthroat/scumbag-y, but i've never actually seen a quote from anyone at GGG confirming this. Does someone have a link?

Confirming that they don't allow N&S is not the same.

~Myth
i don't see problem

the only way they can destroy market this way if theres enough retarded people who fall for it

and nothing would save them from being retarded to begin with if they are that stupid

so .. altho i do agree that manual trading is pain in the ass especialy when theres people who have sales up but stays afk..
People are surprise that there are botters, flipers and what not tring to rig the economy in their favor in a game That force us to trade?

Olthought i do my fair share of trading i think it was a mistake to make them game around trading.
Trading should be an option, not the end game.
self found league fan

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/324242/page/1

"
vio wrote:
top traders voting for players having to sell for the advertised price seems legit.
wouldn't have expected otherwise, who doesn't want to profit from mistakes other players do.

i haven't seen anybody mentioning the positive effects those fake offers have.

and somebody has to explain to me what negative effects these fake offers have if they lead to newbs offering their items too low if everybody can buy the cheap stuff?

If this shows something than how easy it is to manipulate even big markets. And if you do it like that it is totally legal. In the real world currencies are manipulated like that which can have actual negative impacts on whole countries, like when the Pound dropped massively due to an attack on it from speculators which forced GB to leave the ECU.

There are essentally just two ways to avoid this:

a) If someones sets a buy offer, he is required to actually own the currency, this would mean such huge market manipulations would require a lot of currency to be owned and essentially be frozen during the process.

b) Set a Tax on every transaction, which means people that only buy a few things are hardly effected while people can't flip for just a little profit because the tax would eat all the benefit.

To be fair I actually was surprised that Exalted stayed this expensive. I dropped so many exalted this league like I did in my whole playtime up till now, of course this is in parts because I'm better than I was back then and more efficient but in general I would have assumed that they upped the drop rate on exalts, but I couldn't find information about it. I know that they said that currency drops is something that they freely adjust if they feel a need but I'm also fairly sure that I could simply have luck this time.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info