We are seeing first hand why GGG needs to step in..

"
adghar wrote:
How would you all feel if xyz put a disclaimer at the top saying something like:

"Please be aware that poe.trade only indexes offers, not completed trades. Thus, some offers may not reflect actual demand or supply. When trading, take care to avoid false market signals where possible."

?

That's better than nothing, but that's what I call a band-aid fix.

That doesn't fix the trading market at all. And I'm pretty sure most players already understand the idea that prices on there are not considered final, that's why so many people try to bargain.

The issue with being able to manipulate pretty much the only way we have to get a proper idea for prices with zero currency invested is a massive issue.
“No matter where you are in life, no matter what you’ve contributed to creating, no matter what’s happening, you are always doing the best you can with the understanding and awareness and knowledge that you have.”

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
Last edited by OhhPaigey on Jan 8, 2017, 7:42:36 PM
I simply think that those people has no respect to other people, their time and efforts, in fact they have no respect to themselves either. They are happy that other people wont success. They are poor and always will be even they have 100 mirrors as they compete only with themselves. This problem is not related to game, its related to those players personalities. All we can do is to pity them at max.
"
Rexeos wrote:
I simply think that those people has no respect to other people, their time and efforts, in fact they have no respect to themselves either. They are happy that other people wont success. They are poor and always will be even they have 100 mirrors as they compete only with themselves. This problem is not related to game, its related to those players personalities. All we can do is to pity them at max.

Absolutely
The problem is that people STILL don't understand supply and demand, and always just assume a price is right. This has been going on in small degrees all league, and will continue to happen. So few people use exalts anyway, that this is just a reflection of that. I only have 4 exalts left, and am in no hurry to get rid of them. I mean... it is what it is.

Still shady
I guess I will have to buy a one way ticket to hell with your lives
Ya this is what you get when you have idealist man-children running this game.

I get your frustration but I honestly doubt much will change moving forward. Maybe if enough people are talking about it but it seems you got shadow banned on Reddit and I don't see a lot of streamers talking about the economy.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Here's the thing about AH and my personal view on it. AH in PoE is very impractical and ultimately a very bad idea. In a game where there isn't a numerical currency such as gold, it is very hard to implement AH fees/tax which is REQUIRED to have a functioning AH without botters running rampant. Now the question becomes, how are you gonna tax exalts, chaos, alchs and fuses? These are crafting materials that have intrinsic value and you simply can't tax these.
"

Letting people get away with setting fake prices to purposely flip items & destroy an ENTIRE market is 100% unacceptable.

It´s been happening ever since, long before poe.trade was a thing.

Go back to noticeboard trade, what would keep players from setting up fake parties like this and never responding to requests ? ... yes, exactly nothing. All it would achieve is to clutter the noticeboards even further, which is exactly how things were before poe.trade.

Auction house ? Quote Chris : "it solves a couple small problems but creates a whole flood of new ones that are even worse."

If you´re smart enough to figure out these guys are shady, then others can figure it out, too.

So why would GGG suddenly step in and start babysitting the market ? I don´t see it happening.
Last edited by FeistyPeisty on Jan 8, 2017, 8:07:00 PM
Alright 4 of the bots just vanished 3 of actual fixer's are in place now

So it goes 38 38 38 52s
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Jan 8, 2017, 8:03:45 PM
I miss the days when someone from GGG could take 1 minute to reply to a thread, instead of just removing a line of text or two.

I sometimes feel that the amount of players PoE has today, exceed GGG's expectations, and they're not quite able to handle it. For ages now, it has been about pushing out the next "shiny" content, without trying to regulate their flaws.

That said, there's not much they can do about price manipulations, as long as trading is as easy as it is. And if they make trading any harder, people will cry out even more than now. Because people have now idea how to play this game, without buying every piece of gear. And when someone makes that hard for them, be that manipulations or regulations, they're long gone.

As long as enough players come together, and manipulates the market together, the market has to be regulated to death to prevent it.

But this whole "Wraeclast is an unforgiving place"-quote from GGG, isn't an explanation - it's an excuse.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Phrazz wrote:
I miss the days when someone from GGG could take 1 minute to reply to a thread, instead of just removing a line of text or two.

I sometimes feel that the amount of players PoE has today, exceed GGG's expectations, and they're not quite able to handle it. For ages now, it has been about pushing out the next "shiny" content, without trying to regulate their flaws.

That said, there's not much they can do about price manipulations, as long as trading is as easy as it is. And if they make trading any harder, people will cry out even more than now. Because people have now idea how to play this game, without buying every piece of gear. And when someone makes that hard for them, be that manipulations or regulations, they're long gone.

As long as enough players come together, and manipulates the market together, the market has to be regulated to death to prevent it.

But this whole "Wraeclast is an unforgiving place"-quote from GGG, isn't an explanation - it's an excuse.

Agreed. It's definitely a different landscape than it was back then. I still prefer GGG over pretty much any other dev in the market currently, which is why I choose to support them.
“No matter where you are in life, no matter what you’ve contributed to creating, no matter what’s happening, you are always doing the best you can with the understanding and awareness and knowledge that you have.”

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info